3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Featherweights Planning for Feb 4 to 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/103868-featherweights-planning-feb-4-11-a.html)

srmb60 02-04-2007 08:55 AM

Featherweights Planning for Feb 4 to 11

Another week gals! How did last week go? Any good news? Any lightbulb moments? What's happening this week?

Later this week, I will be the mother of a 25 y o! Holy! How did that happen so quickly?
I sincerely hope that the price of produce is better this week. $5 for a cauliflower! Whew!

alinnell 02-04-2007 11:42 AM

SusaB~I bought 1 tomato yesterday. Over $6. Yes, it was a special kind--heirloom. I've heard they're really tasty, so I thought I'd splurge.

Jen~sorry to hear your trip to France was canceled. It is a nice ferry ride over there (I did it years ago).

I didn't get my Sunday morning walk in. I couldn't sleep and got up early and by the time DH got up, it was too late to get going. Perhaps I'll do it this afternoon before the big game. Go Bears!

thistimeforreal 02-04-2007 12:48 PM

Well, my lightbulb moment last week was that I am not going to lose weight as fast as I'd like to! I'm off on a cruise in less than 2 weeks, and wanted to reach 133 by then. It's not happening!

But the other half of my aha! is that the weight will in fact come off, even if it's at glacial speed (oh, and the glaciers are going faster now, right, what with global warming? :dizzy: ). So I've been trying hard not to get discouraged (which would drive me to eat) but just to plug away at keeping the calories in moderation and getting in the workouts.:carrot:

I've adjusted my ticker down one pound - I've been hovering here for 4 days or so - hopefully that will help remind me that persistence will eventually pay off!:D

So my plan will be about 1200 cal per day, and five workouts this week. Wish me luck! And good luck and persistence to everyone!

Sodiumlightbaby 02-04-2007 05:35 PM

Hi all. Produce here is really high too, 6 dollars a pound for regular tomatoes, same price for cauliflower, it makes eating well really expensive.

Jen- We haven't gotton to know each other well but I just wanted to say I am sorry for the cancelation

I will know fore warn everyone about my spelling, it's horiffic and I am well aware of it, Pretty bad for a straight A student but I'm sure it's readable.

i don't as of yet know everybodies names so don't be offended that I am using you nik.

Thistimeforreal- I admire your plan and persistence, wishing you all the luck in the world.

Well, I was really disappointed when I got on the scale today and I had not lost a pound. I almost let myself get discouraged, I haven't budged in my weight for three weeks and it's depressing me. But I realize it is a call for action. I guess I have to start counting calories, so starting tomorrow, I will begin counting and aim for 1200 a day. I also went and go a gym membership today!! Yay! For one year, I start Thursday, but the only time I can make it is at am, so I am going to need some serious but kicking on Wed. Maybe you can help me out.

Well, hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
Dana

Sodiumlightbaby 02-04-2007 05:56 PM

i forgot to post my goals for the week.

\I would like to lost 1lb by Monday, go to the gym four times, drink 6 glasses of water a day and count my calories and try to stay at 1200.

Ilene 02-04-2007 06:04 PM

Dana -- Good for you for making a plan...

This week my plan is to stay on plan :lol: ... I always exercise so that's not where my problem lies, I run 3 times/week, swim twice/week, and go to the gym 4-5times/week... My problem is food!! I even like too much of the good foods... So this week I will eat 5-6 meal/day at 3-4 hours interval, eat one portion of carb and protein... Drink my water too!!

Today I ran 7.4k and swam for 40 minutes... Food was so-so because we went out for breakfast, I did order an eggwhite omelette though so that was a good thing...

hikerchick 02-04-2007 07:52 PM

Hi everyone,

I am loving this site!

I found the fitday site and I logged in everything I ate so far today. It was actually alot easier than I thought it would be. My goal is to just keep logging what I eat. It is amazing how well I eat when I have to write it all down.

It also makes me eat enough. I am still nursing and if I don't eat enough I turn into "mommy monster". I think I need at least 1500 a day or I go berserk.

So when its 3 o'clock and I think I am about to eat my children it must be because I am really actually starving so I little bit of tuna or some carrot sticks is probably a good idea.

I am light on the excercise but I walk in hilly terrain every day and have started lifting the weights that were gathering dust in my closet. They sure have gotten heavier in the past year. I had better dust them off.

pink pirate 02-04-2007 08:49 PM

Oops, I posted in the old thread!

I took my measurements - and even though I'm not seeing a very impressive change in the scales, my hard work must be working. In the past 3 weeks I've lost an inch off my breasts, an inch off my belly and 4cm (nearly 2 inches) off my bum.

I've hurt my knee :( . I'm going to be gentle with it, but I think I might need some physio :( . Plus I almost broke my toe yesterday - ouch!!! I still did yoga last night, but was really careful with my movements.

Whittlin 02-04-2007 09:00 PM

alinell, congratulations on losing the pound! That is great news - you must have really been right on your plan.

SusanB, I stood in the grocery with a cucumber in my hand trying to decide if I really cared enough to spend nearly $1 a piece!!! Of course, tomatoes and cukes are actually not even winter crops, so we're lucky we have them - cauliflower should be more reasonable.

Hello, thistimeforreal, I'm new. So you have reached 136 (congrats) and have 2 weeks to lose 3 pounds to goal? Well, a pound a week is reasonable and a wonderful trip like that is an incentive that's HUGE. You might make it or come awfully close! Good luck!

Dana, on Wednesday we can nag, for sure! Hope you like your new gym.

Ilene, how great that you can swim so often. You really put in a lot of exercise time.

Nice to meet you, hikerchick, I'm new. I think finding a new way to keep records gives us a boost. So, here's hoping your fitday records bring you success.

My report for the past week was that I did get in my two-and-a-half hours of t-tapp workouts. I lost a pound and some of my measurements are down, so I'm very happy. My average weight loss actually went up a bit to 2.5 pounds a month, so I'm happy with my plan.

This coming week, my goals are 80 ounces of water, trying for at least 5 fresh veggies a day, and my usual 3 workouts.

2frustrated 02-05-2007 04:18 AM

:wave: Hello all!

Oooh plan for this week - to get to the gym every week day, to tick the boxes for good food and to stick to my calorie alowance each day. I'm zig-zagging so there's no excuse for going over one day, since the next day is most likely to be a higher-calorie one :)

srmb60 02-05-2007 06:18 AM

Good morning everyone. The road to my work is closed! It's -16C, windy, snowing. I guess I'll have to stay home today ;)

DS walks to work about 3 blocks that way >>> . I can hardly wait for him to get home after seven and give us all the weather driving war stories he's heard all night. It makes me feel warm, safe and smart for staying home.

I have a left-over shrimp ring and crunchy vegetables. It should be a good day.

2frustrated 02-05-2007 06:21 AM

Aww shucks - you mean you can't go to work? Awww too bad, you'll just have to hole-up under the duvet :D Pass me a corner would you? :lol:

srmb60 02-05-2007 07:57 AM

Well, it's an electric blanket and an antique chenille spread but you're welcome. We'll watch TV.

thistimeforreal 02-05-2007 08:20 AM

AAAARGGH! Scale today .6 lbs higher than yesterday! After eating well and working out! I feel like I'm getting nowhere! Can someone tell me this is normal?:?:

SusanB~enjoy your cozy day! Here in NS it's slight flurries and about -8C. Probably not cold enough to justify not shovelling later!

2frustrated~have you been zigzagging for a while now? I've been reading lately that it's really effective, but I haven't tried it.

Whittlin~thanks for the congrats! I must remember even the small losses when I'm stuck like I am now. Unfortunately, 133 is not my ultimate goal, only my vacation mini-goal. I'd like to get to 125 at some point. And congrats to you for your successes last week and your plan for this week!

pink pirate~sorry to hear about your injuries! Take care of yourself, but also enjoy your successes from last week!

hikerchick~welcome!

Ilene~your exercise regime leaves me breathless! And what's so-so about an egg-white omelet! Sounds very disciplined!

sodiumlightbaby~welcome! I'm new here too. And I feel the same about the scale not budging!

alinnell~so was the tomato good? There's nothing better than a truly good tomato!

Hello to all other Featherweights as well! Have a great day!

Ilene 02-05-2007 08:47 AM

thistimeforreal -- YES it is normal to fluctuate like that, keep at it... It's not that the "eggwhite omelette" itself was so-so, just the rest of the breakfast where I had toast and butter and homefries ....

Today I have a plan and I'm sticking to it...

Menu :
- eggwhites and oatmeal
- pp and oranges
- veggie soup and tuna
- cc and pineapples
- veggie soup chicken

Off to the gym to do legs in a few minutes :strong: ....