3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Featherweights Planning for Feb 4 to 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/103868-featherweights-planning-feb-4-11-a.html)

jblossom 02-08-2007 10:28 AM

Hi

:carrot: I'm having toast with blackberry jam, some strawberries and a cup of coffee for breakfast. :carrot:

:carrot: Have a great day everyone!!! It's almost Friday!!:carrot:

2frustrated 02-08-2007 10:59 AM

:carrot: It is indeed nearly Friday! :D

Susan - it's snowing here too! Not particularly nice but I get the day off work since the roads are very bad :D

I'm doing ok with the eating today since I've had a nice nap over lunch and I've been shopping to get some fruit and veg so I might get some melon for an afternoon snack :T

alinnell 02-08-2007 11:50 AM

Sorry guys~the weather here is wonderful. High of 77 predicted. On Monday, we had the highest temp in the nation (85 degrees). We're expecting rain this weekend, though. Too bad for that--this weekend is a huge charity bike ride that I'm helping out with. Usually we have wonderful weather and riders come from miles around. If the weather doesn't hold out, I know a lot of people will bag the ride and the money won't be as good.

hikerchick 02-08-2007 02:04 PM

Today I started the couch to 5k plan. 30 minutes alternating running and walking. I am so excited because I have a great place here to run...though hills are a challenge.

Thinking warm thoughts or those of you in winter wonderland. Here it is also warmer than usual though more like 50 degrees. Nice spring weather.

3fcuser1058250 02-08-2007 03:00 PM

Hey girls :wave:

Susan --- Hope things get better in your neck of the woods...weather and health wise ...

This morning I got up and DD was sick so she stayed home so I stayed home and went to the gym later, but I fell asleep on the couch till 10am when the phone woke me...

I went to the gym and worked back and biceps... at 4pm I am running, going to be a chilly one too it's -12c which feels like -21c because of the wind, but I'll dress warmly and just go... I run with the girls tonight... if they can do it so can I ...

Other than that food has been good, life is easy...

Whittlin 02-08-2007 03:53 PM

Best wishes to SusanB and Ilene, both with sick daughters today! Susan, did she have an underactive or overactive gall bladder? I've got "nursey" experience myself after an overactive one was removed so may know a little about how things go afterward, but actually I think underactive is more common, and if that's the case I wouldn't know much. Hope they were able to accomplish it with only the 3 little incisions for the laproscopic (sp) surgery?

hikerchick, enjoy the scenery as you go!

Hope the weather holds out, Allison.

Good job on getting in rest when you have the chance, Fru, that's important, too. - mmmm, melons.

jblossom, my dh thinks it's showing love to offer me food - have a hard time explaining to him that I don't intend to eat what he eats very often, and at fast food places :mcd: I'm especially confusing to him!

Have finished my 3rd workout for the week, about 2.5 hours altgether. I only took yesterday off so far, so I was thinking tomorrow would be a day off. But I'd forgotten :rolleyes: I wanted to measure Monday morning, so it would be better to take the weekend off. I really didn't think of this! Sigh. Maybe I'll just work out as usual tomorrow after all. Meant to mention that my knee was better after that first workout of the week, just like I'd thought. It's a physical-therapy based workout and good for working out little aches. Today I did the floorwork, too, so "tummy is burning"!

Sodiumlightbaby 02-09-2007 07:27 AM

Hey all, I missed a day and half and a bunch of posts.

Susan- So sorry to hear about your daughter and I'm glad to hear everything went well. Did you mention Hamiltion? That's my home town.

Well, I did it. I went to the gym and I loved it! It wasn't scary at all. They were all very nice. I worked back and biceps and ran for 4k, I was shocked that I could still do that. I was going to go today, but to be honest, I hurt and need a rest. I also have an exam this morning and need to study. I will go tomorrow. I've been doing really well with eating, and I cheated and weighed myself before Sunday. I lost a pound! Yay! It's been forever. Thanks for the support girls, it's been really helpful.

Reading about all of you guys exercising and eating right has been an inspiration.

Dana

srmb60 02-09-2007 09:13 AM

I'm home! She's sooo good! She didn't need me. They did a laparoscopy. 4 little incisions with just steristrips on them. She had solid food (low fat) for lunch yesterday and was fine.
It was full of stones! She didn't even pass the clear fluids test.

Ilene? Is your princess up and about today?

Dana? Yes, Hamilton, down the mountain near Ivor Wynne. Too far from me :(

So I spent most of yesterday in a car drinking Tim Hortons coffee and my stomach feels like it today. Once I get that under control, I have to repair the damage done because it was DS#1's birthday yesterday and we were busy doing other things. Apparently I'm making ribs for supper.

3fcuser1058250 02-09-2007 09:33 AM

Thanks for asking Susan, YES the :queen: is up and about... It's funny that you call her princess because that's what we call her. She thinks the world revolves around her :rolleyes:... Glad to hear your princess :queen: is better too...

Last night I had a glass of wine with some cashews, I had the worse sleep I've had in ages. I woke up several times, ugh, I hate when that happens. I remembered this morning that the last time I ate cashews or nuts before bed I slept badly too, so no more of that nonsense! I rarely eat before bed too, so that may be why...

Today I'm working all day, I'm at work presently, it will be a long day because there are no kids in school, just meetings and the phone won't be ringing much. So, I guess I'll be surfing 3fc :devil:

Dana -- Good for you for going to the gym.... See, toll ya no one would bite :lol: ... I love going to the gym, it's my second home. I worked back and biceps too yesterday and I am soooooo sore this morning... That may be another reason I had a hard time sleeping... I did some 'negative' pull ups to make me stronger to do the real pull ups...OMG am I feeling them this morning...

Whittlin -- Glad your knee is better and keep up the hard work...

TTFN :wave:

alinnell 02-09-2007 09:45 AM

Good morning everyone! Yesterday was a good day--stayed well within my 1200-1400 calorie range and even managed a martini! I'm really staying away from the red wine ever since that headache a couple of days ago. I still don't know why that happened.

Today should go quite well. No lunch with DH because he's going golfing with his dad, our business partner and his father. This afternoon, I'm volunteering with the Tour de Palm Springs--a charity bike ride. I help out with registering the riders. DD will be helping also--then she'll be performing with her jazz band during the spaghetti dinner they hold the night before the ride. Tomorrow I have to be there at 5 AM to help with registration. Ugh, why did I volunteer to be there so early???

Susan~glad to hear your daughter's surgery went well.

Ilene~glad to hear your daughter is feeling better

Dana~congrats on going to the gym!!! I drove past the gym on the way home last night and spied DD's car there--I envy her. I haven't gotten myself a membership.....still thinking about it, though.

Jen~I just read in the newspaper that we are getting a Tesco here. Tell me about the store, please.

Good morning to everyone else!!!

2frustrated 02-09-2007 10:10 AM

Yeah Tesco is fantastic!

Pretty good food and fairly cheap. We do the bulk of our shopping there, they have some good ranges "Healthy Living" which is most of the Tesco own brand low-fat stuff. "Finest" which is more luxury stuff and very nice. "Value" which is cheap as chips processed to high heavens artery-clogging junk, but ok for bin bags and toilet rolls (well, even the toilet rolls aren't THAT good! :lol: ) and they generally have quite big stores, some over here are open 24 hours and they are trying to monopolise the Supermarket industry! Over here they also do online shopping and are generally the cheapest place to buy CDs, DVDs, paperback books and things like that.

So while I do love Tesco, I tend to go to another supermarket for my fruit and veg since I'm a bit fussy! But they are very good! They even do wholefood stuff, surprising variety of beans, seeds, grains etc.

alinnell 02-09-2007 11:10 AM

Thanks, Jen! I'm not sure when they are supposed to open, it was just announced today and those things usually take months to build. But I'll look forward to it.

hikerchick 02-09-2007 11:44 AM

Dana, So glad you loved your gym experience. Its so great that you can do 4k. Did you used to run? I have never had great endurance for running but, according to this C25K program I should be able to do it within 2 months. I am much more patient in my old age.

Glad all the children are better. Makes life so much easier on the mommies.

srmb60 02-09-2007 03:29 PM

Tah Dah Dammit! I finally lost a couple pounds!

alinnell 02-09-2007 03:46 PM

Yay, Susan!! WTG!!!