Old 11-13-2006, 03:38 PM   #1  

Default Hi I'm a new "Smasher"

I started "smashing" last Tuesday 11/7. I'm at my heaviest weight at 360. I gained 50 pounds in the past year. Because I was basically bedridden from severe complications after a hysterectomy. The scars are fading away but the weight I gained wasn't.

Even at 315 which I was at for many years I was still able to work and enjoy life. I was actually a "fat supporter" for many years. I wanted to prove that I could do anything a thin person could.

But, now I am showing signs of severe health problems that obesity can cause for many people. I now have very high blood pressure 157/120 and severe pain in my legs and feet. And, then there is the back pain and shortness of breath. For the first time in my life I can't work 40 hours a week. I am struggling daily just to walk.

My body has now said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. You DO have to lose weight or you will die.

I am no longer a fat supporter. When you get older (I'm 41) your body will eventually start to lose it's strength because of the weight. I truly believe that because it's happening to me.

So, I have started FatSmashing and "I love it". I never thought in a million years that I could eat what we do on phase one and not give up after the first day. But "I AM DOING IT".

I didn't want to post on here until I knew that I was going to be able to do the diet. I've tried so many diets I really didn't have much hope that this one would work either. But, I wasn't even hungry!!!! that amazed me the most. I just kept eating more fruits or veggies and I was able to stay on track.

I am starting with a short term goal of 60 pounds and then will have 50 pound goals after that. I am excited and very commited to finally taking the weight off.

I look forward to sharing my successes with the group as well as offering support and encouragement to my fellow Fat Smashers.

Good Luck and Happy Smashing to you all!!!!

Last edited by Smasher Ramona; 11-13-2006 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:48 PM   #2  
Determined to Lose

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'4

Smile

I hope this diet works for you, I was also a fat supporter, i thought I looked pretty damn good, if it wasnt for my husband I would have never started this. But now that I have I am so glad I did, i have just finished phase I and i lost 13 pounds so far.. I am very excited to be seeing a difference already. There is a lot of support here so I hope it finds you well. Take care..

=)
Old 11-13-2006, 04:56 PM   #3  
lem
Lem

S/C/G: 163/136/130

Height: 5'7"

Hey Ramona - congratulations on deciding to change your life. You can do it and we will be here to support you, just let us know when we can help. I look forward to reading about your fantastic results! Lem
Old 11-13-2006, 06:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome Ramona. Your story brings tears to my eyes. My son's long-term girlfriend is 21 & obese. I love her & think she is beautiful but I worry if she's already obese at age 21 the health problems will catch up. Especially since her 42 yr. old mother has an aggressive cancer and although she's been a fighter and has lived longer than the doctor's prognosis, the cancer is invading her entire body.

However, I don't talk about her weight or dieting. She knows when I'm on a diet and I've given her all of my Weight Watchers stuff and it seems like she's using it although I'm not really seeing much of a difference. But at least she's thinking about it & trying. I hope something clicks with her sooner than later.

I've never been able to carry much weight for some reason. When I gain 20 lbs. I feel fatigue and I start breathing heavier. I guess that's a blessing to keep me from gaining too much.

I hope you stick with FS and see good results. Keep posting for support and sharing.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Ramona! Good Luck to you and Congrats on making a lifestyle change.

Sherry
Old 11-13-2006, 09:13 PM   #6  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smasher Ramona View Post
I started "smashing" last Tuesday 11/7. I'm at my heaviest weight at 360. I gained 50 pounds in the past year. Because I was basically bedridden from severe complications after a hysterectomy. The scars are fading away but the weight I gained wasn't.

Even at 315 which I was at for many years I was still able to work and enjoy life. I was actually a "fat supporter" for many years. I wanted to prove that I could do anything a thin person could.

But, now I am showing signs of severe health problems that obesity can cause for many people. I now have very high blood pressure 157/120 and severe pain in my legs and feet. And, then there is the back pain and shortness of breath. For the first time in my life I can't work 40 hours a week. I am struggling daily just to walk.

My body has now said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. You DO have to lose weight or you will die.

I am no longer a fat supporter. When you get older (I'm 41) your body will eventually start to lose it's strength because of the weight. I truly believe that because it's happening to me.

So, I have started FatSmashing and "I love it". I never thought in a million years that I could eat what we do on phase one and not give up after the first day. But "I AM DOING IT".

I didn't want to post on here until I knew that I was going to be able to do the diet. I've tried so many diets I really didn't have much hope that this one would work either. But, I wasn't even hungry!!!! that amazed me the most. I just kept eating more fruits or veggies and I was able to stay on track.

I am starting with a short term goal of 60 pounds and then will have 50 pound goals after that. I am excited and very commited to finally taking the weight off.

I look forward to sharing my successes with the group as well as offering support and encouragement to my fellow Fat Smashers.

Good Luck and Happy Smashing to you all!!!!

Welcome ramona , Congrats on making the decision to start a smashing!!
You can do this !! Your storie brougt tears to my eyes. I had arthritis so
bad last year. my knees and legs would swell and I could hardly walk ,
and was so stiff. I took a long look at my self and decided enought was
anought . My Dr. said if you would losse some weight your arthritis would
ge better. So I did and now My legs and knees dont bother me!! I can walk
and feel so much better about myself. Iam a firm believer that if you have
the want it bad enough you will do what it takes to have what you want.It all starts in the mind. The right thinking . Tell yourslelf postive things and your
body will react to it. Tell negative and that is what you will get. You are doing good. Please keep it uP! We haVe one of the best support boards
around. We will be here ever step of the way on your weight loss journey.
Again so glad you are with us and welcome to fat smashers!! HOpe to see
more of you. Have agreat night