Old 10-19-2006, 02:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

Default New Smasher

I didn't know whether to introduce myself in the main forum or on this sub-forum. I've been on many different forums but this one covers everything!

I was always thin (with a few weight gains during my 2nd & 3rd pregnancies) and when I reached my 40's I could no longer eat whatever I wanted. I'm a binge eater and my downfall is sweet & salty. Gained the most ever (without being pregnant), around my mid-40's & went low carb (Carb Addict's Diet) & stayed on that for 3 years. Got tired of the regime & did good for another year just eating properly.

Towards my late 40's, early 50's I gained again and started out with The Wendie Plan. With that & exercising I got to the best shape of my life - even better than when I was naturally thin but had no muscle tone.

Reached perimenopause & gained again. Used WW (both flex & Core) & almost reached goal but got tired of the constant figuring & journalling (when I go on a plan I stick with it 99.9%).

Now I've been trying different diets until I get tired of them and then try something new. I actually found out about the Fat Smash plan in the Oct. 17, 2006 issue of Woman's World magazine. The article still doesn't get into the phases very much but it does offer some meal plan suggestions for Phase 1 based on the book. Then it kind of goes into Phase II by just showing the list of additions.

Anyway, I've studied so much about nutrition over the past 10 years & have tried different programs and know what I can do successfully and what I can't. I do get bored easily so I like these different phases. I hope to be able to contribute to this forum.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 258/159.3/155

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Judyo,

I am too a fellow Weight Watcher. I have been on W.W. for almost three years. I did flex for the first 2 years and then on core for a change. I lost 103lbs and reached lifetime in August of this year. Flex is when I lost most of the weight. On core is was up and down. I like it on core but my eating was out of control even on core. I could eat a whole bowl of ff/sf pudding at one time. So I came to learn about smash. Almost the same as core and since I had a good base with W.W. I thought I would give it a try. Maybe it would jump start my weight lose again ( gained a few pounds after made lifetime). At the end of phaseI lost 4.5lbs. It was easy and I love it. I am on day 2 of phase II and I love It.. good luck!! Cindy
P.S. Get the book it is worth it!!
Old 10-19-2006, 06:26 PM   #3  

Hi and welcome, I am new too and am on day 2 of phase 1.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

judyo!! We are glad you are here. I have been fat smashing for 6 weeks. I have lost 16 lbs. My dh is fat smashing, too. He has lost 32 lbs in 6 weeks. The plan works!!

Sherry
Old 10-19-2006, 07:52 PM   #5  
brandilynn24

S/C/G: 317/266/199

Height: 5'6

JudyO, I have been on FS since 9-5-06 and have lost 33 pounds. I lost 14 on Phase 1. I went to phase 2 but mostly ate Ph 1 foods and on Monday I started Detox again. I cheated on the weekend and hoped to jumpstart my weight loss again. We are glad to have you!!
Old 10-20-2006, 10:17 AM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Old 10-20-2006, 02:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks for the welcomes. I'll be joining the weekly support posts.