Old 05-04-2009, 01:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/164/130

Height: 5'6"

Default Meat(less) question :-)

Hello all, Iím relatively new to the FS plan. I really like soy meats and Boga burgers. Are they allowed in Phase1 & 2?
Old 05-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #2  

I'm new to this forum and this is my very first post and question. I see 38 folks have viewed this post and not ONE response??? Wooooooooow!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:52 AM   #3  
ngf

yes you can eat Boca crumbles. I made them last night in a chili with beans and peppers and onions. With brown rice, it was delicious
Old 05-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 213/169/150

Height: 5'5"

You can have soy products as long as they aren't mixed with wheat.. you'll have to check the ingredients to know for sure. This forum is pretty quiet.. and the book is not really clear.. it makes answering specific questions hard. If you look at the sticky posts at the top there is a FAQ for Phase I.. I found that a lot of my questions were answered there. The answers are from Ian Smith himself.

Good luck with the Fat Smash. I have had great results with it and I find it has really changed the way I look at food.

Last edited by paperSkin; 05-05-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #5  

Thanks so much for your responses. I'll have to check the ingredients of my stuff. Hopefully it's all legal.
I'll also peek at the stickies for more info. I like the fat Smash but it's really hard because there is such limited info about many questions that I have.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #6  
ich bin geliebt

S/C/G: 353-->whatever is healthy

Height: 5'9"

I find that it's best to stick to the guidelines that Dr. Ian laid out, but also keep in mind that no matter if you make a slight boo-boo, it's still infinitely better than fried or processed food. Plus, Dr. Ian himself isn't always clear. It's supposed to be a lifestyle change. So if it says I can eat soy, then I'm gonna eat soy if I want. If I can eat as many fruits as I want, then from time to time I will drink 100% juice. If I can have brown rice, then I will eat brown rice pasta sometimes. It is counter-productive to do the diet if you're not happy on it, because it won't give you the results you want if you just don't want to do it anymore, you know?

At least it's not mac and cheese and hot dogs, or fried chicken doused in ranch, right?

Last edited by MaryEllen; 05-05-2009 at 09:26 PM.