Old 04-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/189/150

Height: 5'6

Default Tea Latte ok in Phase 1?

Hello all,
Ok, I was having a coffee withdrawal today (Day 6 of Phase 1) so I decided to try Starbucks Vanilla Rooibos Tea Latte. It is a decaffinated tea with non-fat milk added. I got the small size since I figured this shouldn't be more than a cup of milk. However, when I started to taste it, I think it has some type of sweetner in it also. Anyone have any thoughts on the Tea Lattes?
Old 04-16-2009, 12:44 AM   #2  
ich bin geliebt

S/C/G: 353-->whatever is healthy

Height: 5'9"

It's vanilla tea, that's why it tastes sweet. The only thing about the tea latte that will throw off your detox is the caffeine. However, I feel there are much worse caffeinated things you could drink.

It won't ruin your diet, but don't do it all the time.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:23 PM   #3  
JAF

S/C/G: 273/223/210

Height: 6'2

I was addicted to chai soy skim lattes before I started. I just cut them out and when I got to phase two stuck to green tea which is great for your metabolism. I'd love to know if anyone has any insight on these little sips of heaven. I know soy milk is cool but I figured they are so good there must be something in there that can't be kosher for the FSD. That being said I completely agree that having a vice (at least after detox) is a part of life. I always have to remind myself that the FSD police aren't going to repel through my office window and arrest me if I take a chance on something that might be a deviation. If you stick with a small (I don't care how the Starbucks kid or soccer mom in line with me always correct my order -- I'm never going to utter the words tall or grande to order caffeine!) it can't be that bad.