Old 01-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/145 HW: 232

Height: 5' 9"

Talking New Year's Extreme Fat Smashers!!

OK!
As promised, I am starting the Extreme Fat Smash Diet once again. Who's coming with me???
Old 01-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #2  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

What does the extreme fat smash diet entail? (ugh, 'diet' is such an ugly word) LOL
Old 01-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/179/150

Height: 5'2"

Does anyone know if you can have protein shakes or boca burgers in Phase 1?
Old 01-05-2009, 03:49 AM   #4  
Trying for the First Time

S/C/G: 185/178/135

I'm going to start Extreme Fat Smash on Wednesday! I'm excited, I've read the first parts of the book and already have my shopping list for phase 1!
Old 01-05-2009, 07:23 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 boys and me View Post
Does anyone know if you can have protein shakes or boca burgers in Phase 1?
dunno about fat smash, cycle 1 extreme fat smash allows both
Old 01-05-2009, 07:27 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpelNJLT View Post
I'm going to start Extreme Fat Smash on Wednesday! I'm excited, I've read the first parts of the book and already have my shopping list for phase 1!
Thank god there is someone else
Did you get all your groceries yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanweightorbust View Post
What does the extreme fat smash diet entail? (ugh, 'diet' is such an ugly word) LOL
The extreme fat smash diet is based on the a book of the same name by that dude that is on Celebrity Fit Club(which I do not watch). The diet works and is short term. It is difficult, as all diets, are and requires a lot of cardio. Its a good diet for someone like me who likes to lose weight fast and then live a somewhat healthy life in maintenance .
Old 01-05-2009, 10:10 AM   #7  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Blah I don't have that willpower right now- I probably should though! I have a doctor's appointment at the end of the month- I'd like to be down to 200 lbs by then- so I'm upping my cardio and trying to get 5 days a week till the doctor appointment at least! I did the detox and am currently in phase 2/3, but just trying to stay away from the carbs.

Today's menu consists of fruit for breakfast, lentil soup for lunch, chicken and zuccini with tomato paste for dinner. Gonna throw some snacks in there and water only to drink.

I'm going grocery shopping today to stock up on the "good stuff." lol.

I find though now that eating sweets and stuff over the holiday didn't give me as much pleasure as it used to. It's like my tastebuds have changed!
Old 01-05-2009, 05:41 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
Blah I don't have that willpower right now- I probably should though! I have a doctor's appointment at the end of the month- I'd like to be down to 200 lbs by then-
Haha,
don't you love how we try to lose weight for doctor's visits? I was terrified of going to the doctor for months because I had gained weight and didn't want to deal with it!!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 174/174/155

Height: 5'9"

ok, i'm on day 2 of the extreme fat smash diet... looking forward to it... hopefully we can talk each other through it and lose these pesky pounds we keep carrying around LOL
Old 01-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #10  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

lol yeah I don't want another "you need to lose weight" lecture.

When I last went to her I was 218 lbs, I figure if I'm below 210 at least she'll be like keep it up and not tell me "do this or that" it's like no lady that's NOT working for me!
Old 01-07-2009, 06:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 222/179/150

Dear Diary ... it's day 6 and i'm still going strong but getting sick of veggies ! Does anyone know if tomato soup would be allowed ? I'm craving it ! I did make a banana bread smoothie last night to cure my sweet tooth and it was fabulous if you haven't tried one ... milk, vanilla yogurt, 1/2 banana, some cinnamon and nutmeg ... yummy !
Old 01-09-2009, 12:37 AM   #12  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
Thank god there is someone else
Did you get all your groceries yet?

Got a little delayed, my schedule is hectic! I'm planning to start on Monday officially, however I have been doing the Gamma workout plan this whole week. I had an accident that resulted in a nasty knee injury in September and I can see that the workout is going to really be the toughest part for me, BUT I'm ready!!!
Old 01-10-2009, 12:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 305/258/175ish

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post

I find though now that eating sweets and stuff over the holiday didn't give me as much pleasure as it used to. It's like my tastebuds have changed!

i just read a really motivational weightloss book by a famous movie critic (i think the title is The incredible shrinking critic or something like that by jami bernard.) anyway, i was very impressed with it. it was really well-written. a lot of times, weightloss books are all the same....but she brilliantly wove in lifestories and anecdotes so that is was a really easy read. also, i liked her vocabulary choices--but thats not my point.) anyway....

in it, she mentions that after a while, your tastebuds DO change....and you acquire a new taste. (which gives me hope )

sidenote: SMOOTHIES. exactly what do you girls do for the smoothies for the meals in the middle of the day? like, what do you include in them...and also, do you bring the stuff with you to work and blend them there, or what???

i did really well this entire week. i worked out three times (30 day shred and 30 mins of eliptical) plus stuck to the plan (for the most part. ive been doing a lot of substituting based on whats in my fridge) and i think i lost like one or two pounds (but its also that tom...so maybe even more.) but then last night i had a white flour tortilla (bean burrito---delish) and tonight i had roast beef, a slice of white bread, mashed potatoes and gravy. in my defense, i washed it down with some delicious veggie soup....and the dinner portions were VERY small. probably three slices of roast beef and just a small scoop of potatoes. *sigh* but like the taco bell fresca steak taco---real food tasted good.

in that book that i mentioned earlier....she talks about "degrees of on" and "degrees of off" meaning you are CONSTANTLY working towards a goal, and you never fall off completely. you are always on the continuum at some point. so i guess today i was a little to the right. she also talks about choices and how there are always three: best, better, and unwise. i fell in the better category tonight because what i reaaaallllyyyy wanted was four more slices of roast beef, another slice of bread, a heaftier scoop of potatoes and a few ladles more of gravy. so i compromised and made a "better" choice, even though i didnt make the BEST choice----which would have been a salad. lol ohwell. tomorrows another day.

oatmeal and berries for breakfast. (i use frozen berries--thawed with some of the juices, a splash of milk and a packet of splenda....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so good.)
Old 01-12-2009, 10:33 AM   #14  

Default Smoothies

sidenote: SMOOTHIES. exactly what do you girls do for the smoothies for the meals in the middle of the day? like, what do you include in them...and also, do you bring the stuff with you to work and blend them there, or what???

I'm a smoothie queen! I would usually have a smoothie at least 2-3 times a week, even before I decided to start EFS. Although I will probably miss my pineapples , you can pick any frozen berry, add some milk (I prefer Silk Soy Milk) or orange juice and a couple ice cubes. Also, I make my smoothie before leaving and keep it in a traveling coffee mug, since it is insulated and put it in the fridge once I get to my desk.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:34 PM   #15  

I buy those large jugs of odwalla smoothies and drink a portioned size or I get a 2.5 serving bottle and drink half. They are so good.