3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fat Smash Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet-211/)
-   -   Fat Smash & Weight Loss Buddy (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet/139341-fat-smash-weight-loss-buddy.html)

annierew 05-07-2008 11:28 PM

Lisa - I've been feeling down today, too...and there's really no reason for it. Guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and then decided to take it out on anyone who came within my path. I guess tomorrow will be spent apologizing for my foul behavior today. Ha.

Ofnobility - Yes, I'm a Phillies fan. I haven't had a chance to get to a game yet this season, but it's still early. I'm planning a big group there for my dad's 60th birthday. But I'm a bigger Eagles fan, season ticket holder for about 5 or 6 years (even spent time in the 700 level). And since we're at it, Sixers and Flyers...I'm a hometown girl! Go Philly!

Lou - if your DH can lose 20 pounds this week, you'll definitely have to share that plan! Hope that salad was good. Mine at lunch made me feel so blah like I was eating diet food. Oh well, it was.

LighterLou 05-07-2008 11:54 PM

Hey girls. My DL is complaining of the headache (poor thing:bomb:) Its his first time off of caffine! We will see if he sticks to it! He has a pretty easy time dropping weight. We are going to go hiking on friday for a romantic night out! **We weigh in on sat. so we will see how we are progressing!

Annierew I have been in a slup to. Its so hard to get back on the wagon once you have fallen off! I feel so good when I am eating right, yet why is it so hard to get back??

Tomorrow is another day!!! talk later!!

2beautiful2Bfat 05-08-2008 02:06 PM

ofnobility: 5lbs is amazing! Be proud of yourself and keep going! I don't know how much you need to lose but remember even those that are close to goal started somewhere. I started out wanting to lose 100 lbs but then decided to lower it to 85 and I am at my halfway point. I have been at this for almost 5 months.

I've also been in a slump but I am hoping to get out of it! Today the scale finally budged but I am not moving my ticker unless I see the same # tomorrow!

ofnobility1982 05-08-2008 05:28 PM

I need to lose about 180 pounds.

2beautiful2Bfat 05-09-2008 06:18 AM

Ofnobility: You can do it don't lose hope!! It seems lik a lot but try setting some mini goals for yourself!! It will really help.

I ate some cookies last night so I'm afraid to weigh in this morning!! I may wait until sunday but I think I will move my ticker anyways!! Since I weighed in 3 times at the same weight!!

chubbywifeyIN 05-09-2008 10:50 AM

Just wanted to shout a quick hello girls! Sorry I have ran away. Though I didn't literally run, thanks to the knee.
I saw an orthopedic doctor finally. I have tendon tears all through my knee. I have physical therapy for the next 3 weeks, if this doesn't strengthen the knee and get rid of the grinding I have to have knee surgery. Ugh!!!:( So say a prayer.
Haven't weighed myself- not until Monday. We will see what happens. In general just feel crappy, but I have stuck to my diet.... so I am hoping the 170s are close. Although I have been on 2 rounds of steroids and they cause weight gain. :( If no weight loss maintaining is just as good until I am off them.

Well I am off, lots to do.
Talk to you all soon.

ofnobility1982 05-09-2008 12:30 PM

chubbywifeyIN, Hope all goes well with your knee and I'm sure it will. That can certainly put a damper on things.

Well the scale said I lost 2 more pounds and per celebrity fit club the scales don't lie right?:D I intend to bike my behind off this weekend.:dizzy:

jillnicole03 05-09-2008 11:58 PM

Hello ladies!! :) Wow... my first good day in a couple weeks!! Yay.. just what I needed! I know with me it's all in my head and I have so much stress with all the changes in my life. But I'm starting to work past these things and feeling a little better.

Here is what I ate today:
BF: 2 eggs-veggies-salsa-pinch of cheese & strawberries on the side
L:Boca Patti, grilled onions & chili
S: 100cal bag Popcorn
D: Split Pea Soup

Hope everyone is doing well!! 30 more days until I move to South Carolina! :)

chubbywifeyIN 05-10-2008 07:32 PM

well i figured new body, new hair, so i cut over 8 inches off my hair today!!!
also, i discovered low sugar peanut butter and i am in love girls!!!

lunch: cheeseburger (no bread)
dinner: baked chicken and hot sauce with broccoli and cheese
dessert: PEANUT BUTTER :)

how is everyone doing with motivation??

annierew 05-11-2008 10:07 AM

Chubbywife - Your hair looks so cute! Good luck with the knee. I've been having some foot problems lately (not as bad as your knee problem), so I'm feeling your pain in being on the sidelines. I'm able to still work out, but not so intense on the treadmill or eliptical, but the bike it okay for now. I'm going to take some cycling classes this week at the gym with the hopes that my foot will hold up. We're rooting for you!

Jillnicole - I'm so glad that you had a great day. Sometimes that's all it takes to get back on track. You wake up and things just click. Hopefully that will stick with you. Afterall, you're getting ready for your new life in SC in less than a month! I'm so excited for you. It's scary to up and move, but this is the time to do it! I'm proud of you!!!!!!!! :hug:

2beautiful2befat - I'm so glad you're back. We all need a little break here and there, but it does feel good to get back!

Ofnobility - I know it seems so scary when you look at the big number to lose. I'm with 2beautiful with setting minigoals. I was a size 22 last year, but now I'm able to buy size 14 dresses! I haven't really weighed myself too much, since my weight doesn't changed too much, but I'm sticking with what makes me feel good. That's why I haven't changed the ticker...I haven't gotten on a scale for a while. I get so discouraged on the scale, but I get so excited by seeing how my clothes are fitting or just how I feel in general. My main goal has always been to get healthy. I figured that everything else would just fall into place as I go (looking better, feeling better, etc.) I have tried in past every diet available but this has been the most hopeful for me, and easiest to stick with. We all get off the bandwagon, but I have found fat smash as the best for me so far, since I've stuck with it the longest. I can only speak for myself, but I definitely found that focusing on the healthy aspect has been the best "diet" for me, since I can stick with that. It's little decisions each day, rather than the big decision of which diet plan to stick with. I hope that makes sense to you!

Everyone else, here's to another good week. Good news for me! I tried on my shiny purple dress for my mother (a very critical person for better or worse), and she likes my dress on me. She doesn't think I look like I'm squeezing myself in. Woo Hoo! :carrot: Plus, she said my chest looks fantastic in it, so look out single boys! Here I come!!! Ha.

LighterLou 05-12-2008 01:06 AM

Hello Ladies!!

I had a great weekend and mothers day, except my boys (all 3) had a bug--fever, headache and feeling icky! but today was still wonderful! My DH and I went hiking on Fri. it was fun! and difficult... We weighed in on Sat for our biggest loser deal and I am down one more pound! My DH...on the plan for 4 day lost 6LBS...needless to say friday he didnt want to stay on the plan and now he is all pumped up!KEEP SMASHING!!

Today we BBQed for Mothers Day so not so good on the eating.

I am being good this week because on sat we are going to a Pool party for my DH birthday! So I will cheat then I guess and the weekend after that we are having a girls night in, slumber party and will cheat then too! woo, i better up my running!:dizzy:

I hope everyone has a fantastic week! we all need to keep smashing and keep posting. together we can do this.

**On May 30th we have our final biggest loser weigh in and I would like to drop 7LBS and be down to 160...That would be huge!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will hit the bike path tomorrow for sure! I will aim for 10 hours this week.

Bye for now

Desiree Brown 05-12-2008 07:32 PM

Hellllooooooooooo Ladies! Long time no see, but it looks like you're all doing great! Good job EVERYONE!!!
I haven't been on here much because I had to have emergency back surgery 11 days ago, and I haven't been home much. I was supposed to be in the hospital for 5 days, but I persuaded the doctor to let me out after 2 :) hee hee He told me that if I could walk, I could leave... I started out with a walker the morning after surgery, and by that night I was slowly making my way down the hall :) YAY! The doctor told me that I had to take it easy for 6 weeks. No heavy lifting and no bending... kinda hard since I'm potty training my daughter :( but I listened for the most part. Then, I started having the same pain in my leg that caused me to need the surgery so I went to my family doctor and he told me that "taking it easy" means lifting nothing heavier than a cup of coffee, and I'm not supposed to sit for more than 20 mins a day! Would have been nice to know that when I went home! I was so mad, and now I might have wrecked my back again :( I'm taking it soooooo easy.... trying to undo the damage that may have been done. I've spent most of my time at my mother in law's house this week because she's been helping with my daughter. Girls, I can't even pour a glass of water! This sucks!
But, my husband works 7 days on, 7 days off, so he'll be off for a week on Wednesday and he'll bring my daughter home with him and he can be my slave until next week when I go back to his mom's house! LOL It sucks because I have the motivation and the desire to do the work and exercise, but I physically am unable to do it.
Anyways, today I made a list of reasons why I'm losing this weight, and I'm hanging them all over my house as reminders! I also found an old picture of me when I was thin and hung that on the fridge :) Good motivators!
I was soooo depressed last week, because the medication I was on made me gain 18 pounds in a week and a half!!! I was at 172, and I looked at the scale one morning and I was 190! I couldn't believe it. I burst into tears and cried for like half an hour... I'm such a dramaqueen! LOL I worked so hard to get to 172 and I thought it was all over, but I am happy to say that I am close to where I was... I'm currently 174 and looking to lose more weight :)
Good luck to you all this week!

annierew 05-14-2008 10:05 AM

Desiree - That stinks! I'm so sorry to hear about all your back problems. I'm so glad you were able to turn yourself around and make it a positive with hanging up the pictures and taking off that extra weight.

I'm bumming this morning, since I've been blaming my drowsiness on allergies, and I just got back from the allergist who pricked and prodded me and couldnt' come up with anything. Now he's going to do a blood test in two weeks to see what's going on, but I'm afraid he's going to find that I'm just lazy! What will be my excuse then? I might have to just get off my behind...ha! He will have to find a reason for all the sneezing, coughing and itching, so maybe it's not just all being lazy.

2beautiful2Bfat 05-14-2008 11:16 AM

I'm sort of back yesterday I had lasagne but I only had one small piece which is way better than normal!! I just couldn't resist because we went to a class and they ordered in from my favorite restaurant!! The problem is their is 9 more weeks of class!!

Today has been good so far! I had blueberry tofu with bluberry jarred baby food and for lunch I am going to make sweet potato fries!

I also already worked out for the day!

MarcyD 05-14-2008 11:18 AM

Hi Ladies!

Last week was my husbands birthday, so I didn't do well on that day - but I've been under control the rest of the time.

I have been working out - but fell in aerobics on Friday. Ohhh - it was embarrassing. I stand on the front row. One minute I am jumping, the next thing I am on my caboose on the floor. My ankle still isn't back to normal, but I keep working out. I'm just trying to be careful with it.

Wifey - how cool you have a new fresh hairdo for summer.

Annie - So glad the purple dress will work out. I have very little chest -
and what little I have will go away with more dieting.

Lou - Slumber party sounds so fun! It's been a long time since I went
to one of those.

Desiree - So sorry to hear about the back surgery. My husband has a
herniated disc right now - you never realize how much you
depend on your back until you hurt it.
I'm glad your weight came back down. It's so upsetting
when meds or health issues cause you to gain weight.

Annie - I have allergies, but mainly in the fall. Right now I am having
problems with itching, too. I hope your allergist is able to
find the answers to your fatigue.

I am loving those pumpkin oatmeal cookies and milk for breakfast. YUM!

Tonight we are going out to dinner with friends to a BBQ restaurant (their choice) for a belated birthday celebration for my husband. I LOVE BBQ (geez, I live in Kansas City) - I guess I'll eat very lightly today and only
eat a small part of my dinner.

How often does everyone weigh? I weigh about every 2 days. It is frustrating how much it can fluctuate. Is this normal?

Have a good week!

ofnobility1982 05-14-2008 12:37 PM

Okay update. Today ends the first week of Phase II for me. Still going strong. I lost 8 pounds in two weeks. I guess that's not to shabby.:carrot: My mom is now considering trying the diet.

jillnicole03 05-14-2008 08:44 PM

Cute new pic wifey!! Super cute!

Nicolicious 05-15-2008 02:20 AM

hey ladies, i took annie's advice and stopped in to say hello.

i'm going on to day 3 of phase 1 and i'm so happy to say that i haven't had any slip-ups. i unoffically started on cinco de mayo but i kept having to restart myself when i'd stray from the meal plan. anyways, i'm on my game and feeling really motivated to stick to my excercise and diet plan.

lnb4881 05-15-2008 01:35 PM

Hi Ladies,

I started the Extreme Fat Smash on yesterday and thought that I would go crazy over not having meat, bread, and potatoes---especially the bread and potatoes. I found this site and I am glad to see so many other women that are so motivated and I hope that I can feel as motivated by the end of the first cycle. I am devoted to the program because I don't have the stressor of school in my life anymore because I graduated last Saturday from college for the second time and I have the summer free. Today has started off bad because I was in the ER with my future mother in law until 3 a.m. and that has thrown my schedule as well as my meals off. I had breakfast of oatmeal and juice at 12 noon. I really need all the support that I can get...especially when I have a roomie that loves to eat junk food and pizza. Any words of wisdom or advice that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

LighterLou 05-15-2008 03:57 PM

Inb4881-be prepared!!!! I cannot stress that enough! try to make out a weeks worth of menus and post in o the fridge, so when you are hungry you can glance at it to make the right choices! Soon you will be over the cravings and you will be able to resist!(for the most part!)

MarcyD-Right now I weigh in every 2 weeks because I am doing a biggest loser challange. so I am trying to only weigh in on one scale! Our final weigh in is on sat may 30th...I am hoping to be down to 160!

Nicolicious-keep up the good work!! It feels good to eat good and exercise!!! remember why you are doing this and what you want out of it!!!

2 beauitful-do you just eat blueberry tofu with bb baby food? sounds good!

annierew-sorry about the allergies, I know that stinks!! I hope it gets better!

ofnobility good job!! sometimes it takes a little longer! way to stick with it, and it keeps you motivated!!

Jillnicole-how are you?

As for me I am trying to stay on phase 1, even though I have BBQs and things happening during the weekends! But I feel kind of burnt out! I need more recipies...any good ones anybody want to share?? By the way my DH is offically hooked!! He is losing fast and loving it! Talk later bye!!

less of lisa 05-15-2008 08:50 PM

hey girlies!
i read every night even i don't report how awful i'm doing!!
i laughed that marcy fell on her butt - i'm sorry but the way you described it...funny but i do hope u are okay!

jill - i can't believe u r really moving to SC!!! holy gamoly!!! i'm proud of u

okay i have no good eating to report but i will get back on track, i know this is true!

lnb4881 05-15-2008 09:48 PM

Thanks LighterLou! Today was much better than yesterday. I savored the 4 oz. piece of chicken that I was able to have. I am looking forward to making it through phase 1. I am determined to make it through it all!

ofnobility1982 05-16-2008 06:57 AM

I just want to encourage those who just started the Fat Smash Diet. I didn't think I would be able to give up meat and bread for that first 9 days but I actually did way better than expected. I was ready for a change and I was ready for new recipes. Hang tough it is well worth it! What I have found works for me is taking the time to find interesting recipes and planning ahead. I make my lunches the day before so I'm not trying to figure out at lunch time what I'm going to have. Your less likely to cheat. Stick to the diet as close as possible.

I got up this morning and burned a little over 400 calories on the eliptical machine, got my shower and weighed myself again and I lost another 2 pounds.:carrot: The total is now ten! I was shocked to see that I lost 2 more pounds. My mother and my sister now want to try the diet. My sister never really had a weight problem but I guess she has a few pounds she wants to knock off. We're such opposites in that department. I take after my mother's side which is serious obesity. My sister takes after my father's side.

Anyway for those who've just started this stick with it. Hang tough. You'll feel so much better. I'm now in my second week of the second phase and still going strong. I still don't miss meat even though I allow myself the 4 oz. were now allowed to have in phase II. Some days I choose not to have any.

Be encouraged!

annierew 05-16-2008 09:33 AM

ofnobility - i'm with you having a skinny minnie sister. I defiintely take after my mother on that one, while one of my brothers and my sister are and have been athletes. I try, but I can never keep up. And to be perfectly honest, I don't like working out. I like how I feel afterwards, but I just don't like doing it. How bad is that?! Ha!!!

I'm bumming right now. I'm in a rut with the dieting and I just found out in one day -- actually all in an hour and a half -- that I didn't get three jobs I applied for. I've been bumming about my work situation lately and was hoping to find something new. I'm a freelancer production and event manager, but with the falling economy, events are the first thing to go. I'm hoping to find something more permanent, but it doesn't look like this is going to happen. I've been trying for over a year, and it hasn't been working out so well. At least I do have things lined up, but it's so frustrating. Plus, I was hoping to have more a set schedule with a permanent job, since the way things are now keep me running around and with limited food choices. Many times they bring in food for us, since there's no time to get it on our own, and I'm stuck without eating or eating fried food. If I had a permanent location, I would at least be able to plan so much better. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Sorry for venting, but it really got to me this week. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Okay, at least it's the weekend, and I have lots of fun plans, including a comedy show tonight and a benefit poker tournament for my cousin who died two years ago (that part isn't fun, but hanging out with my family and his friends is always fun!). Hopefully this will all put me in a better mood.

Good Luck!!!!

jillnicole03 05-16-2008 02:30 PM

Hello EVERYONE :) I havn't been writing much.. I just cant think of very many postitive things to talk about. Hopefully after I move I'll bounce back into happiness! I'm really excited about driving cross country :) and moving though! Hope all is well! :welcome: to everyone I havn't seen before ;)

ANNIE- Thanks for the support :) You're awesome.. I'm so excited about moving!

2BEAUTIFUL2BFAT- How's the family?

NICOLICIOUS- :wave: LNB3881- :wave:

LIGHTERLOU- I'm not doing great with eating =/ but I cant wait to move! I just started a journal so I cAN write down my feelings when I want to eat and I'm not hungry. Hopefully it helps.

LISA- thank you! My mom is finally talking to me again :) I cant wait to move!

OFNOBILITY- Yay weight loss!

Susie in Idaho 05-17-2008 03:10 PM

Hi everyone! I just want to introduce myself. My name is Susie. I started the Fat Smash Diet this morning with my hubby. I just want to lose about 5 pounds so my clothes fit a little bit better.

Congrats on the weight loss!!!!

annierew 05-17-2008 03:31 PM

Jill - Good Luck on your trick across country. You're going to have some memories to last a life time. Keep a journal, or a picture journal at least, since you'll enjoy looking back on it in a few years. Yay for you!!!!

Susie - :welcome3:

I've been feeling a little bit better about everything going on, which is great. I was reading some of my posts and realized that I had been bumming a lot lately. I'm going ot try and get over that and move on. I'm normally a happy person, so I'm pledging to work on getting back to those ways! Ha. Thanks for letting me vent, girls!

But I do have one more thing to bum about...I was so excited to hear New Kids on the Block were getting together. I was a HUGE fan, and they're coming to Atlantic City in September when we were going to do a fun girls night out. Unfortunately when I went to buy the tickets today they cost $85!!! And here's the kicker, that was for standing room only! If we wanted a seat, and why would we?!, we got to pay $125. So, our girls night will now be around home listening to our old cassettes, I guess. I think it's really funny that the tickets cost that much money for a band that hasn't been around for 15 years! I'm getting over this one really quickly!! Ha.

less of lisa 05-18-2008 09:35 PM

hi everyone!
thanks for posting your journey - it's inspirational and helps when having a slump to get some motivation from old and new blogger friends.
I have NOT being doing good.

Annie - we can't let this get us down - we can and we will do this. I keep trying to remind myself of how great I feel after 4 days on plan. I'm starting again tomorrrow - fat smash basis with a points twist. Trying to avoid sugar and carbs but if i have them to fit them into my plan. The big thing is nighttime preparation. Without it, I fail and I know I fail so I have to start packing my lunch at night. It's the key to success for me.

Jill - you are driving to SC?! Is someone riding with you? That's an awfully long time to be in the car!!! That's at least a 3 package twizzlers drive ;) or it would have been in my former life - now it'll be a long carrot drive :carrot:

Good luck to everyone - share your menus when u can, I like reading what everyone is eating. Even if you aren't on plan, maybe it'll help. So since I'm starting tomorrow here was my "going out with a bang Sunday" menu (yes it's just terrible i know):

B - dunkin donuts coffee and coffee roll
L - sushi and big plate o nachos with cheese, salsa, and sour cream
D - more nachos (I ate an entire bag of tostitos today - don't know if i should be proud or ashamed!)

Better tomorrow and happier because of it!

lnb4881 05-18-2008 10:22 PM

I'm doing the Extreme plan and initially found it hard to follow the menu plans exactly because I may not have a taste for what was being assigned for that day. To make sure that I continue the plan, I trained myself on what is allowed and eat what I have a taste for. For instance, yesterday my meal 4 consisted of a soy/turkey/veggie burger. I didn't want that so I had grilled cod filets, dirty rice, and a salad instead. Then I couldn't eat it all. It's best that you eat something that's filling (but within the guidelines) instead of eating something that you don't like and binging later. I also found different 100 calorie low fat and sugarless ice cream bars in the store that can be used as snacks/desserts. There are so many varieties that you could have a field day with.

ofnobility1982 05-19-2008 06:57 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

annierew: How is the job search coming? I'm hoping the best for you! It really is tough all over. I work for the County here in Florida and they have been laying off quite a bit. I don't know what I'd do if I got laid off. First of all there are no jobs here. Port Charlotte is a retirement community and secondly eating healthy is expensive. On that note I weighed myself this morning and lost another 3 pounds. :carrot: I pray I don't lose the momentum. I have a long way to go but I have to look at how far I've come. My total weight loss is now 13 pounds!

I do have an incentive. I'll try to talk about that more later.

Hang tight everybody! Today is another day to start a new.

LighterLou 05-19-2008 11:32 AM

Good Morning everyone!!

Congrats to all! This seems to be working and keeping everyone accountable! Keep posting!!!

Well I have my girls night out slumber party on Sat and I want to wear some white shorts that are still a bit tight! So that is my goal for the week. I got up at 4 this morning to go to the gym! My DH and myself will go again tonight I want to do doubles this week to fit in the shorts!!! Plus our biggest loser final weigh-in is in less than two weeks!!

Menu!
B: brown rice cake w/rasberry yogurt and black mango tea
S: orange
L: Salad w/spinach dressing
S: apple
D: brown rice spagetti w/sauce!
S: frozen mangos

Talk soon! have a great day and inspire someone else!!

Susie in Idaho 05-19-2008 04:46 PM

whew...need some support!!!

Hi everyone! Today is Day 3 of Phase I for DH and me. He lost 2.5 pounds so far. I've only lost less than a pound, but that's ok. He has more to lose than me.

Days 1 and 2 were AWFUL. Jason (DH) and I had a hard time. We were so hungry and lathargic the entire two days. But guess what??? This morning we both woke up and we weren't starving!!! I have so much more energy today. I worked out this morning at Curves to get my day started out right.

Here is what I'm eating today:

B: 3 egg whites and a banana
Snach: Apple
Lunch: Homemade hummus and carrots
Snack: 1/2 cup baked oats and cinnamon
Dinner: Rice and beans
Snack: Melon

Not too bad. I won't lie...I had a diet drink on Day 1 and a diet drink today. At least I didn't have one yesterday!!! :D

Does anyone have any good new dinner recipes??? If I am going to get DH to stick to the 9-day detox, I will need some yummy dinners planned.

Good luck to everyone!! Please keep coming back and posting to this thread. I need some support and motivation.

((((hugs))))

Christian 05-19-2008 04:55 PM

Hey Susie!

I know how it feels to need recipes ...there are lots of them on this board under phase one meals that are a lifesaver, the vegetarian chili is good, but there are more there, Great job on your success so far, and feel free to PM me anytime if you get stuck :)

jillnicole03 05-19-2008 08:02 PM

ANNIE & LISA... Yeah I'm going to take pix in every state. My girl friend and I are driving together and driving 6 hours a day and then renting a room. We also have a few stops planned... so it will be fun :)

LighterLou 05-19-2008 10:14 PM

Hi susie, try the stuffed peppers, they are so good, my DH loves them and he doesnt care for peppers! Good luck!

nanbastin 05-20-2008 01:52 AM

Finally started

:D Hi everyone, I'm kind of new here, been lurking for a while & have thought about starting several times. I have been reading the book & looking at the menus & recipes. I bought groceries this weekend & started this morning but haven't planned my meals very well. I'm need to prepare more in advance, but at least its a start. I thought I'd really have a harder time without the coffee, but so far its not too bad. I think the worst thing was no salt. My hours are kind of weird. I work part time from 10 - 3 and I'm not used to eating lunch. I haven't decided how to work that out yet.

Here's my meal today:
Breakfast: grits, banana, cup of herbal tea
Snack: Apple
Lunch:
Snack: frozen grapes
Dinner: Red beans & Rice, steamed cabbage with red bell pepper.
Snack: Orange

Ang37 05-20-2008 03:29 PM

Hello!!

I am new to the Fat Smash. I started yesterday. I already cheated with a glass of wine (I gave up the diet dr pepper so I had to have something :dizzy: to take the edge off). I decided to try this to take off the 10 lbs I've gained after a very nasty break up with a boyfriend (after 3 long years and many long stories). I'd like to lose those plus more so......

I started yesterday and aside from cheating with my glass of wine I weighed myself this morning and was already down 3 lbs....now I know that was just water weight but it was still 3 extra pounds of weight I was carrying.

I love fruits and veggies so this is not too much of a challenge but the Diet soda....I know the reasoning behind it is the caffeine/sodium....how about Diet Rite soda which contains neither? Does anyone know?

thanks for any tips or words of encouragement...

ang:D

lnb4881 05-20-2008 05:04 PM

Hello All,

I was kinda disappointed this morning when I got up and had lost no pounds...but I can't complain because I have lost 6 this week. I went to some school end of the year parties for the classes I interned in and was tempted with taco salad, barbeque sandwiches, and fresh ice cream sundaes and I turned it ALL down. I was hungry when I left because I missed my second meal and stopped at Chick-Fil-a to get a Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich and it was so strange to have bread even if it's wheat. I love the Chargrilled Sandwich and was proud to eat those 280 calories.

Ang37 05-20-2008 08:50 PM

Day 2....and that wine glass is taunting me from the kitchen

:devil:

Well i'm almost done with day 2 and i fear it's gonna end with a glass of wine. Again. Oh well at least I'm consistant.

I've decided to do the 9 day detox and then start Extreme Fat Smash afterwards with my best friend. She doesn't know she is but she's going to find out this weekend :hug::hug:. I love any kind of detox so i like that but I find the ability to have diet sodas daily and "some" wine at the end of the week more within my imagination :D

I tried to put one of those weight tickers on but it wouldn't let me?? Anyone know why?

I tried to cook a huge pot of brown rice.....OMG it was so gross. It was like a huge pot of .... mushy ....... i don't know. I'm without words. BUT heaven is on my side cause i found already cooked ready to eat one serving size cups of brown rice at the grocery store!!!!!! I'm over the top. :carrot: That's exactly how I was dancing in the aisle too!!!!

anywho...hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!!

ang

annierew 05-21-2008 05:29 PM

Hey, ladies! Welcome all the new people. I love having new people join our crew. I think it only makes us stronger.

So, I've been doing so poorly eating wise lately, but on the other hand, I'm not binging and only eating small (bad, but small) meals. Things have been so extremely hectic and will probably stay that way until mid-June...oh my! That's life. I'm not complaining...I've been in the position when I didn't have anything to do, and being busy is much better!

Ang - I had to laugh when I heard you talk about cooking the brown rice. I have such issues cooking it, but I did find portioned boil a bags from Success Rice. All you have to do is boil water then add the package for 10 minutes. I put it in for 11, since I like it a little softer, but not mushy! So easy! Plus, it's so much easier cleaning the pot because it was only boiled water, and not burned mush on the bottom of the pot. Ha.