Old 10-20-2007, 07:55 PM   #1  

Default First Magazine article

I am kicking myself for not buying it. The latest issue has a story with Dr. Ian Smith and he has a little change in the detox. Kathy
Old 10-20-2007, 09:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Kathy, say more! Is this magazine called First Magazine? I have never heard of it!!
Old 10-21-2007, 08:50 AM   #3  

It is at the check out stands at the market or Walgreens. The title is First. I read part of the article and it seems he extends detox but was unable to determine if it was from the original or extreme. As I said I did not buy it. Now I want to go back out.
Kathy
Old 10-21-2007, 08:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Does he have a website, maybe the info is there.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:02 PM   #5  
it's always something

What happened to his website I checked both fatsmash.com and fatsmashdiet.com and both are domain parking pages, not real websites. He used to have a free website, though the info there was limited.

Now he has a pay site at www.celebrityfitclub.com
Old 10-25-2007, 11:17 AM   #6  

Default First Magazine Article

Hey There, I actually have that FIRST article, just read it yesterday and it made me decide to do the plan. From what I see it is a modified version of the EFS Plan, Here goes:

LOSE 32 LBS BY THANKSGIVING (NOV 12 ISSUE)

Weeks 1 and 3
Each Day Enjoy:
- 5 or more servings of fruits and veggies(Avoid pineapples, bananas, watermelon. These can elevate nlood sugar and force the liver and pancreas to divert their attention to regulating blood sugar rather than detoxing the body)
-4 servings of protein (such as 4 oz turkey, fish or chicken; 1 to 2 eggs or egg whites; 8 oz. to 12 oz. yogurt or whey protein smoothie; 1/2 cup of beans.)
-Up to 2 cups of grains from brown rice and/or oatmeal.

YOU CAN ALSO HAVE
Unlimited water, herbal tea, herbs and spices; one 6 oz coffee/1 tbs to 2tbs soy sauce(to flavor rice or veggies); 3 tbs low fat salad dressing; 1 tbs condiments (such as mayo, ketchup, mustard, salsa or hot suace) per sandwich or burger; and unlimited in between meal snacks of baby carrots, celery and dill pickles.
BUT YOU SHOULD AVOID
bread; white potatoes; white rice; cold cereal;cheese; baked beans;alcohol and soda (including diet).

Sample Week 1 and 3 menus:
Breakfast
6 oz plain low fat yogurt topped with 1/2 cup of berries

Meal #2(about 3 hrs later)
1 cup of green salad(made with veggies like lettuce, spinach and arugala) with dressing or seasoning to taste;1/2 cup of mixed fruit.

Meal #3 (about 3 hours later)
veggie burger; no bread on a bed of lettuce, tomatoes, onions topped with 1 tsp ketchup or other condiments.

Meal #4 (about 3 hours later)
4 oz grilled fish, chicken or turkey seasoned to taste and cooked with a sprinkling of olive oil or butter flavor spray, and 1/2 cup beans such as lentils or chickpeas.

Snacks (up to 2 daily)
12 almonds, 1/2 small avacado, 1/2 cup frozen OJ as a "sorbet", 1/2 cup low fat ice cream, 2 rice cakes, 5 hersheys kisses, 9 large jelly beans, 1 jell-o pudding snack.

WEEK - BUILDING CALORE HUNGRY MUSCLE MASS
Follow the same daily food intake as in Week 1, with these changes:
-Up your protein intake to 6 servings per day.
-Consume pineapples,watermelon and banana if desired
-Resume eating bread, cheese and cold cereal if desired
-Consume 2 6 oz glasses of wine per week, if desired.

Sample meals Week 2
Breakfast
1 cup of cooked oatmeal, sweetened with 1/2 tsp sugar and cinnamon and 1 pc of fruit like a banana or apple.

]Meal #2(about 3 hrs later)[/B]
1 cup of green salad(made with veggies like lettuce, spinach and arugala) topped with 1 boiled egg, chopped and salad dressing of choice or seasoning.

[B]Meal #3 (about 3 hours later)
3 oz turkey,chicken or ham on whole grain bread with lettuce, tomatoes and onions and 1 tbs o fmayo mustard or salsa.

Meal #4 (about 3 hours later)
i veggie burger on a whole grain or sourdough bun or whole wheat pita with 1/2 cup of brown rice..

Snacks (up to 2 daily)
In addition to the week 1 options you can choose 2 cups air popped popcorn, 1 oz string cheese with 4 whole wheat crackers, 6 wheat thins with 2 tsp peanut butter or 8 animal crackers.

WEEK 4- UP CALORIE BURN LONG TERM
THis phase builds even more muscle so weight keeps falling off at a steay clip-
even if you eat more. Follow the same daily formula as in week 2 with these changes:
-Up your intake or protein to 8 servings a day
-Sip up to two 6 oz coffees and 2 cans of diet soda a day, if desired.

WEEK 5 AND BEYOND
This four week plan can be repeated until you reach your doal. But if detoxifying isnt an option during the holidays, Dr. Smith recommends continueing to eat small meals (the size of a salad plate minus 1 inch around outside)every 3 hours and two or three snacks daily. If your weight slips, detox for 1 week to get back on track.

He also gave a few excercise suggestions for each phase if you want em let me know. Hope this helps! Now I have typers cramp! LOL
Old 10-26-2007, 09:05 PM   #7  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

Wow, thanks for typing all of that information out! I'd love to get the excercise suggestions for each phase if you have time. I was needing a new plan to start on Monday, I'm going to try this.

THANK YOU!
Old 10-30-2007, 06:03 PM   #8  

Wow that looks like something I can actually do I've never been able to stick to fat smash but that looks do able. Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-02-2007, 09:16 AM   #9  

LOL - I came here this morning because of this article too - but what I'm seeing in the article seems to be quite different from what I'm seeing other people talking about in the 'regular' diet.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:41 AM   #10  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

omg.. me too Sueg. I was thinking.. I would try this, just to see if it works, and if it doesnt it certainly cant hurt. This plan in the mag seems quite a bit different then what I am reading here. So I am contemplating getting the EFS book, but my problem is I cant ever find it.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:31 PM   #11  

well -- i'm a newbie here -- bought the magazine and decided to try this out. i bought the "extreme fat smash book" today which has alot more info than the article.
so far so good -- i've made it through day one -- have a raging headache (probably from only having one cup of coffee) -- but i think this is doable. i'm actually not hungry.
we'll see what happens!
Old 11-05-2007, 07:05 PM   #12  
Is on an Infinite Cut

Hey Mommymezzo, the extreme fat smash is different from the one in the magazine, I am trying the magazine one out first and then maybe the extreme but the extreme takes away everything with substance..lol Like fish where as on the magazine one you can eat fish,chicken,eggs. I had a headache too the first 3 days but today seems ok. Ive been sneaking weigh ins and in 4days I have lost 4lbs
Old 11-06-2007, 04:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/170

Height: 65.5 inches

I bought the magazine just because of the EFS article. I started Fat Smash today and I put the EFS book on hold at the library. I felt like the article was too vague but of course he is not going to give you all the information then why buy the book. Let me know how it works I think I might like the EFS better!
Old 11-07-2007, 02:05 AM   #14  

i've finished day three of the EFS and so far, so good. i actually haven't weighed myself. i get really neurotic about the scale and so i am more concerned about the way i feel and how my clothes fit.
i'm glad i bought the book because the article was quite vague.
i know i feel better -- the first day was rough.
this just involves a TON of preparation -- which is ok.

Last edited by mommymezzo; 11-07-2007 at 02:06 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:07 AM   #15  
Is on an Infinite Cut

well the book and the article are different. If Im not mistaken the book doesnt allow meat in the first phase and the article does. All it really boils down too is that you need to eat clean and smaller portions more frequently. There is no real science to it. I cant remember what day I am on, I think 6. anyways.. I have been losing a 1lb a day, mostly water I am sure, but I can live with that