Old 07-30-2007, 09:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/230/185

Default Dirty Rice

Ok, on EFS, Dr. Ian says you can have a (insert portion here) of brown rice or dirty rice. I was browsing through the forums and saw Zataran's come up a couple of times, so I bought a couple of boxes and went to town.

When I realized you were supposed to put meat in them though, I got confused. I mean, calorically, the dirty rice would be worse than just the brown rice, right?

So, I figured I probably bought the wrong kind of dirty rice, or something, I'm not sure. If you guys could help, I'd appreciate it.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:51 AM   #2  
it's always something

I'm confused about that as well. He doesn't really describe dirty rice in the book, and assumes we all know what it is. According to wiki, it's just rice with bits of things like chicken livers to give it a dirty appearance. Regardless of whether it's chicken livers or ground beef, it's still meat and isn't allowed on P1. Unless perhaps you use such a tiny amount that it doesn't amount to anything, just colors the rice?

You could probably make the Zatarains rice without the meat and just enjoy the seasoning. Just make sure you get the Dirty Brown Rice and not the regular dirty rice.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:18 AM   #3  

Suzanne is right that you can make the Zatarains dirty rice without the meat. I've tried it and it is too spicey for me but it is good. I don't know if Zatarians makes dirty brown rice.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:44 PM   #4  
ms.extreme

S/C/G: 292/287/270

Height: 5'7

did you only use the extreme diet plan to lose 45 lbs. how long did it take you
Old 07-30-2007, 04:44 PM   #5  
ms.extreme

S/C/G: 292/287/270

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
I'm confused about that as well. He doesn't really describe dirty rice in the book, and assumes we all know what it is. According to wiki, it's just rice with bits of things like chicken livers to give it a dirty appearance. Regardless of whether it's chicken livers or ground beef, it's still meat and isn't allowed on P1. Unless perhaps you use such a tiny amount that it doesn't amount to anything, just colors the rice?

You could probably make the Zatarains rice without the meat and just enjoy the seasoning. Just make sure you get the Dirty Brown Rice and not the regular dirty rice.
did you only use the extreme diet plan to lose 45 lbs. how long did it take you