Old 07-21-2007, 10:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/148/120

Height: 5ft

Question Suzanne 3fc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
I stayed on P1 for about 3 weeks. To be honest, I never made it past P1 because the instructions were so confusing! Plus as a vegetarian, there wasn't really anything in P2 to entice me. If you eat everything on P1 as written, it is calorie controlled and very balanced.

I finally gave up and moved on to something else. However, I walked away with a new appreciation for brown rice

How much weight did you lose during those 3 weeks before moving on to something else?

Thanks,
Liz
Old 07-21-2007, 11:12 AM   #2  
it's always something

I can't remember I know I lost 6 pounds during the official 9 day Phase 1. Then it tapered off, which is to be expected. I think I lost about 8 or 10 pounds total during those 3 weeks. After that I did a modified Fat Smash, continuing to eat plenty of brown rice and the other basics every day for a while. I moved to a calorie counting plan for a while. Then I migrated from vegetarian to vegan with the Eat to Live diet. I'm getting ready to sample Medifast next, for a review for the site.

I'm not really that flighty, lol, I try all the diets just for the experience so I'll understand better what everyone else here is doing
Old 07-21-2007, 11:57 AM   #3  

lol @ not really that flighty tooooo funny! So do you think if i do a modified version of phase 1 for like a month or so I should lose about altogether like 8 to 10 lbs a month? Did you lose an additional 8 to 10 lbs plus your intial 6 lbs or altogether ya lost 8 - 10 lbs?

Thanks,
Liz
Old 07-22-2007, 12:30 AM   #4  

bump!
Old 07-22-2007, 01:16 AM   #5  
it's always something

It was about 8-10 pounds all together. The 6 pounds of initial weight loss included some water weight, and wasn't all fat. That's usually how it goes when starting a diet. You have to burn 3500 calories more than you consume to lose 1 pound of fat. Fat loss should be 1 or 2 pounds per week

I'm a firm believer in tweaking, because you have to enjoy the diet in order to stick to it long enough to see results. There really isn't anything magical about the Fat Smash plan, it's as good as any other. If you include all of the food groups, then it is healthy, and you will lose weight as long as you don't overeat. But if you change a few things here and there, you should still lose weight as long as the foods you choose are healthy. For example, I just replied to a thread about veggie burgers. The book says they are ok if they don't contain cheese or wheat, so that's how I answered. But I think that's a very trivial thing to consider, and I ate them anyway and still lost weight. That's just me - a diet rebel I like diet guidelines, but I'm not hard core.