Old 07-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #1  

Default My confession

Last night a big group of friends went out to dinner at Chili's for a birthday party and after scanning the menu for healthy choices, the salads weren't appealing to me, the only thing that really sounded good were fajitas. So I told myself I'd get the citris fire chicken and shrimp fajitas, I just wouldn't eat the tortillas or sour cream, or guac. But before I knew it 1 tortilla turned into 2 and just a dip of sour cream turned into almost the whole scoop. The lesson I learned here is to specify when ordering no tortillas, no sour cream, etc. I thought if it was sitting in front of me I would be able to just resist it..because I have been doing that for 2 weeks. And I easily could have. But if they wouldn't have been there to even think about eating, it would have been a less guilty dinner! I'm not beating myself up about it because I know there are things that could've been way worse for me to eat and that although I did eat 2 tortillas, I didn't eat the normal 5. I will just pick myself back up where I left off. 1 bad meal out of 16 days can't be too bad.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/230/175

Height: 5'9"

It happens to the best of us, but you have the right attitude about little slips like that. Don't beat yourself up, it happens, pick up and keep right on going. I know that if I am not supposed to eat something, I plain cannot have it in the house or have the restaurant not bring it to me. I don't have enough willpower not to eat the sour cream or tortillas!

And you're absolutely right - 1 bad meal out of 16 days is awfully good in my opinion.