Old 07-11-2007, 05:30 PM   #1  
Amanda

S/C/G: 160/147/115

Height: 5'2"

Default starting July 12th!!

Hello fellow fat smashers!! I have just received the book (I live in Canada and had to order it)...I will be starting phase 1 tomorrow. After phase 2 I plan on going back onto phase 1 for another 9 days and then heading to 3rd. How is everyone enjoying this diet?! It sounds great...any success stories that would care to share?
Old 07-11-2007, 08:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 239/232/145

Height: 5' 6''

Hi Amanda,
I'm finishing the 3rd day of Phase I. I'm doing very well - I feel great. I've had to add a little more protein than recommended but I'm still eating far less than I was so it should be okay - we will see. I feel thinner LOL

Good Luck,
Janzie
Old 07-11-2007, 10:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/148/120

Height: 5ft

Hi Amanda,

Good luck on starting your FS diet tomorrow...I'm starting it as well tomorrow keep me posted on how ya do and any tips ya may come across that will be helpful.

Take care and good luck!
Liz
Old 07-12-2007, 07:46 AM   #4  

Congrats on starting!!! My fiancee and i are currently on day 5 and loving it. The only problem we are having is the LOADS of cooking that we never did. We normally went out to dinner or had frozen meals so this is big for us.

She is a vegetarian, i am not, but i have not missed the meat or the bread or the soda at all, 3 things i was fairly consistent at LOVING!!

I did weigh myself on day 3 (she got so mad at me for that one ) and i had lost 5 lbs already so that was great motivation to continue!

I was thinking of doing the same thing, doing phase 1 then 2 and then back to 1. I was actually thinking that its probably possible to live on a modified phase 1/2 for life if you don't mind it.

Anyways, best of luck, keep us posted, and get smashing!
Old 07-12-2007, 10:25 AM   #5  
Amanda

Oh my goodness you guys!! You've already got me wanting to weigh in a couple days now too LOL!!! 5 lbs?! congrats!

Janzie : I'm glad you're feeling thinner! Isn't it a wonderful feeling? lol good luck!

Liz: we are both starting, and we are about the same height/weight! we can motivate eachother. Wow I am inspired by your loss already though..how long did that take? congrats.

JG: thanks!! yeah it's tough to get into cooking..however i like it i just wish I could do it more but I can't because I live at home lol...my younger siblings eat all of my damn groceries!! i mean at least they are eating fruits/veggies verses dunkaroos but still!! lol Yeah I totally hear you on being able to stay on 1 & 2 for life or even a mon-saturday thing for life with maybe a little room for dessert on sundays..very true.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 239/232/145

Height: 5' 6''

Hi All,
I agree about staying basically on this eating plan for life. I've researched it a lot and all the reviewers say it is a very healthy diet - with the exception that a few believe there should be a little more protein in Phase I. If this all works out - and I think it will - I plan to use this as the basic eating style 90% of the time - I mean we have to splurge once in a while. But, the point to what i read was, with this eating plan you can splurge 5 to 10% of the time if you stick with this the other 90%.

Janzie
Old 07-12-2007, 01:20 PM   #7  

Hi Amanda,

That would be great to motivate each other...it took me about a year to lose that weight...then I crashed around christmas time...I have platued (spelling) I got down to 140 a few months back but put back 6 lbs. So i'm basically at the same weight since christmas...I'm so close to getting to my goal weight but these last 20 lbs are sooooooooooooooo hard to lose. I'm really hoping FS diet will work for me.

Good luck and keep me posted...i'll do the same!
liz
Old 07-12-2007, 09:44 PM   #8  

Hey Amanda its the end of our 1st day how'd ya do? I'm root'n for ya!!!

I did surprisingly well...yeah!!!

Liz
Old 07-13-2007, 10:43 AM   #9  
Amanda

good job!! 1st day was great! stuck to the plan no problem..but you know what I dont understand about the book? the first phase says nothing about soup broths yet the recipe section for phase 1 has soup recipes with broth?!! i love soup so i just made a veggie soup for dinner..if it's in the recipes it's got to be allowed right?? I already wanna weigh lol it's only day 2 :S
Old 07-13-2007, 03:56 PM   #10  

Hi everyone -

I am starting tomorrow and would love to join you!
Old 07-13-2007, 04:20 PM   #11  

Hey Amanda, I'm curious....where in Canada do you live that you had to order it? I'm in Ottawa and drove over to Chapters and bought mine.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:34 PM   #12  

wtg amanda on your first day!!! weeeeeeeee 2nd day isnt bad either...oh go check out recipes good ideas in there for ya!

Hey curvygurl....c'mon and join us the more the merrier!!!! Lets Fat Smash!!!

GLA,
Liz
Old 07-13-2007, 04:36 PM   #13  

Oh hey yes broth is allowed jus watch out for your sodium salt intake Doc says not to go over 2000 a day on salt...

I feel lighter already dying to weigh myself but gonna hold off for a day or two more...hehe