Old 07-10-2007, 12:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/148/120

Height: 5ft

Default Everytime I try this diet I get dizzy

Hi y'all everytime I try this diet I get dizzy by the second day...any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Please help...

Thanks!
Old 07-10-2007, 12:51 PM   #2  

The first two days are the worst and really low in calories. My advise is to eat EVERYTHING you are allowed which includes a cup of low fat milk and pick the most nutritious snack choices. I was doing the beta version for the first two weeks and have switched to alpha because I felt that beta is just too low in calories for me. Good luck and hope you feel better!
Old 07-10-2007, 02:15 PM   #3  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I agree. I was very very tired the fourth day in because I wasn't eating enough. I mean I was tired to the point that I would have about 3 naps throughout my day. @_@ I found out I wasn't getting enough calories.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

I can only assume you are doing Extreme Fat Smash, yes? Because Fat Smash Phase I detox allows enough food to be full (of fiber!) and feeling very healthy..what a great way to eat. I don't know how anyone could get by on EFS and do all the exercise, too. I would love to take FS phase I to a nutritionist and see what the opinion is...try the REAL FS!!! Good luck.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:12 PM   #5  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

Height: 5'6"

Are you doing EFS or FS ?
I'm on day 3 of regular FS - I'm weak & tired as well. I'm eating what I can -
I think I will try adding yogurt and maybe skim milk - or more egg beaters - it says up to 4 cups I believe. I think it's due to low protien??

B: oatmeal & fruit
S: fruit
L: Salad or veggies & fruit
S: Fruit
D: Rice or Egg beaters omlet with veggies in.
S: Fruit smoothie
Old 07-10-2007, 05:50 PM   #6  

I'm talking about the regular FS its the only one I know about. Maryblu can you please post your daily menu of what ya ate for the first 3 to 4 days thanks a bunch!
Old 07-10-2007, 08:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 239/232/145

Height: 5' 6''

Hi Everyone,
I'm new - this is my first post. I'm so glad to find you all. I started FS yesterday ... so I'm ending my second day!

I have to say I'm feeling great. I will say that I felt dizzy a little on the 1st day. I had to modify the plan a bit for me. I have extremely low blood sugar - it is just my normal level. Anyway, I personally need more protein than I was getting. So, I added 15g (1/2 oz walnuts) and 1 whole egg to go with the 2 egg whites. I'm also eating 1 cup of cooked oatmeal for breakfast and make sure I get my yoguart.

I've read about this diet all over the web. The only thing I read negative was that some reviewers feel Phase I has too little calories and will cause a lot of people to have problems with that. One reviewer said that overall it is an excellent way to eat but you should add a bit more protein to Phase I. So, since I was having a problem, that's what I did and it seems to be working for me ... we will see in 7 more days!
Janzie
Old 07-10-2007, 09:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 155/ticker/130

I had problems with low energy and dizzy for my first two days of EFS. I started taking iron supplements and have since had no problems. Currently in third rotation, second week. Hang in there and you should be fine!

Old 07-10-2007, 10:20 PM   #9  

Good Luck Janzie and all who is trying to lose weight. I think I will give it another shot but I hate rice...anyone have any suggestions on getting around that?
Old 07-11-2007, 07:59 AM   #10  
Proud mom of two

S/C/G: 137.8/132.8/105

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgordy View Post
Good Luck Janzie and all who is trying to lose weight. I think I will give it another shot but I hate rice...anyone have any suggestions on getting around that?
Hi, I am not loving brown rice either
On p. 66 of EFS, the Dr. says you can substitute quinoa, wheat berries, wild rice, dirty rice, kasha, pearl barley, or basmati rice. The basmati is really good, smells like popcorn to me

Also, you can put soy sauce on it (he allows up to 2 TBSP per meal, I think).
Old 07-11-2007, 09:10 AM   #11  
Started June 1st '07

Lgordy -

I will say that day 2 I had a horrible headache - I finally took something for that to make it go away. I think that was due to caffine withdrawl though.

Also on day 2 I ended up having a hamburger on a bun and day 4 I had a grilled chicken on a bun - cheated yes- but I'm on day 5 and I've seen a 6lb loss - so I didn't screw things up.
I totally believe you need protien in your diet - I'm not a bean person, I don't even know what a lentil is :-) So I've been adding small amounts of things to get protien in.

Brown rice - OMG, horrible. At least I haven't found a way to make it taste good. So this morning I had 2 slices of Sara Lee Delightful Wheat Bread w/ a bit of PB on it - instead of rice or oatmeal. I've had oatmeal the past 4 days.

I also have whole wheat pasta I'm going to substitute - I compared the labels and it's VERY close to brown rice.

Egg Beaters - I bought some - good :-)
I cooked some mushrooms & green peppers in EVOO and then poured in the egg beaters and then some diced tomatoes - cooked it up. YUM.

To get fruit in I've made a few smoothies. Crushed ice, frozen strawberries, banana and a splash of water into my Magic Bullet mixer. YUM.

I'm totally NOT a salad person, I've had more salads in the past month than I have in my life. I've decided though that I just can't do them - so I'm trying to eat my veggies raw - or steamed. I'm fairly picky on my veggies too - as far as how many I enjoy eating.

Not sure if this has helped ya. The thing is that if you make substitutions - make it occassional not every day - and make sure that the portions are small.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:22 AM   #12  

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions they are good ones...ok i've broken out my FSD book again started reading and will start back on it tomorrow...I'll keep y'all posted....gla!
Old 07-11-2007, 03:47 PM   #13  

hey quick question about the whole wheat pasta...what would you eat it with? Ya can't use pasta sauce right?
Old 07-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #14  
Started June 1st '07

No pasta sauce. I was planning to use a whole diced up raw tomato, maybe toss in some cooked mushrooms too.
I haven't used the pasta yet - I might tonight - I can't decide if I want to have egg beaters omelet or pasta...
Old 07-11-2007, 04:05 PM   #15  

Height: 5'3

Can you have olive oil and garlic on FS? I can on EFS, so I'd toss the pasta w/ just a little olive oil and some minced garlic.