Old 07-02-2007, 05:18 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default Thinking of trying FS

I watch Celebrity Fit Club from time to time, and I noticed that they lose weight so quickly. I have been a little disappointed by my rate of progress, so I wanted to try Fat Smash. Just a couple of questions, if it's okay, before I spend my money on the book.

1 - Is Fat Smash or Extreme Fat Smash better? I so want to lose the weight as quickly as possible while still protecting my health and making it possible to maintain the loss.

2 - I eat almost exclusively vegan, and I do it for other reasons than just the health reasons (environmental, exploitation of poor nations, deforestation, etc.). Is it possible to do the Fat Smash and be vegan? (I understand Phase I is vegetarian?)

3 - Isn't Dr. Ian WAY cuter than Dr. Atkins?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Laurie
Old 07-02-2007, 11:32 AM   #2  

Height: 5'3

1. EFS is for losing 16-25 pounds and the original FS is for losing more than that, so you might want to start out with the original and see how that goes for you.

2. I am doing EFS and in that book he talks about vegetarian substitutions, but not vegan ones. I think that you could do that though, the main issue would be substituting some kind of equal amount of protein for the meat and something else for the yogurt/dairy that he calls for.

3. Never seen Dr. Atkins, but Dr. Ian is cute!
Old 07-02-2007, 12:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/175/140

Height: 5'2"

I am thinking about starting EFS also... but just to jump start me. I was curious about a couple things though -

A) Since no bananas are allowed in week 1, what else do you put in smoothies for that smooth texture?
B) I eat Activia yogurt everyday for my digestive system, but if yogurt isn't specified for that day, is it ok to have it anyway?

And Laurie, yes, Dr Ian is cute! lol

Thanks!

Last edited by sbh316; 07-02-2007 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:38 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the response, Quiltz. The original FS it is!

And, if you're interested, here's a link to an image of Dr. Atkins. I tried to paste an image here, but the Powers-That-Be refused to let me. Not bad, but not Dr. Ian!

http://www.atkinsdvd.com/images/DrAtkins_sm.jpg
Old 07-03-2007, 10:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

to sbh316'
I have no answer for question 1 (I use a premade protein shake). As for question 2, you probably could eat it as snack when not listed. It's worked well for me! Good luck
Old 07-04-2007, 01:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/175/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttellier View Post
to sbh316'
I have no answer for question 1 (I use a premade protein shake). As for question 2, you probably could eat it as snack when not listed. It's worked well for me! Good luck
Thanks! That's a good idea to use it as a snack - that way I can eat it after I wake up before a workout. Also, where do you get premade protein shakes?
Old 07-04-2007, 11:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I get Slimfast High protein shakes (Chocolate) from Walmart. They are really smooth and don't taste as chalky as other shakes I've tried.