Old 06-28-2007, 10:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Looking for a Buddy

Hi,

I plan on starting EFS on Monday and I am looking for a buddy. If anyone is planning on starting soon and wants some extra motivation, please let me know. I really could use the extra support. Thanks and have a good day.

Candace
Old 06-28-2007, 07:56 PM   #2  
Ready for the new me!

S/C/G: 180/180/145

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm starting on Monday too!!!

Hi Candace,

My name is Toyia and I am planning to start on Monday too. I'm amped! I tried the original Fat Smashers, and I lost 8 lbs after phase I, but lost momentum. Now, I'm in it to lose it for real!! I would like to lose 35lbs, with no real time goal, but losing at least 12-15lbs per month would be excellent. Let me know if you need the support--I'll probably be relying on you too. Happy losing!

Toyia
Old 06-29-2007, 04:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 277/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

Talking

Hi ladies,

I am planning on starting this diet on Monday too! I would love for us to go through it together and share our trials with each other. I've never tried it before, so I will need plenty of support from anyone I can get. My short term weight loss goal is 30 lbs over the course of the 90 day program. We can lean on each other for help. Yeah! I am excited to start!
Old 06-29-2007, 11:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/147/125

Height: 5'2

Hi All! I am also starting on Monday, although I am not doing Extreme...just the regular Fat Smash! I am really excited about this diet...I have a really good feeling about if after reading all of the wonderful results on the boards! Hopefully we can be a great motivation to each other!!!
Old 07-01-2007, 08:59 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Hello! I am also planning on starting on Monday. I am excited and nervous as well. It has been a while since I have decided to diet and actually stick to it. You have to start somewhere right? I have a question regarding the brown or dirty rice. Can this be ithe nstant or the quick versions? Just wondering what everyone else is going to do. I am going foofd shopping soon to stock up on what I need.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/ticker/130

I have really enjoyed the Zatarain's dirty brown rice. It has a lot of flavor. I cook the whole batch (20 minutes) and portion it out as listed. Good luck!
Old 07-02-2007, 02:16 PM   #7  
Amy

Default Me too!

I just started today and was looking for some support group to join on peertrainer. You guys are great though! Anybody mind sharing their menu for the day, so can get ideas of how to eat?
I'm planning:
late BR-1 c. oatmeal with cinnamon & spenda
6 oz of lowfat natural yogurt (added honey before I found out that was bad)
1 c. herbal tea
LU-green beans, lentils, 1 c. rice
snack-papaya & lime
dinner - Anyone know if we can have yucca?? Seems like potato to me!
Old 07-02-2007, 02:51 PM   #8  

Good luck to everyone that is starting today!!! Hope you are having success and enjoying your meals!!
Old 07-02-2007, 03:25 PM   #9  

Default Me too!!

Hi, all. I just got back from vacation and decided to start the FSD today as well. I've gotten in my 30 minutes of aerobics for today, and I'm working on preparing meals for the rest of the week today. I won't say I've eaten well today, as I didn't really have anything prepared. But I really didn't want to put off starting the diet.

I've found some great recipes on this forum, and I can't wait to try them. (I'm making the Fat Smash Granola right now.)

When I first started dating my fiance, I was in excellent shape. But between my career and life in general, I've gained a lot of weight. We're getting married in November, and I want to be back to my healthy weight by then. I'd like to lose about 35 pounds. I'm very active, but my eating habits aren't what they should be. So, I'm hoping Dr. Ian can help to get me there.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:23 PM   #10  

Well, I started EFS today. So far so good. I have followed day 1 exactly. I did an exercise video. It has been a while since I've done any exercise and I was a bit shocked to see how really out of shape I am. Hopefully all of that will change and both the dieting and exercise will get easier. Good Luck to everyone that started today, lets hang tough together.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:51 PM   #11  

Hey everyone! I decided to start the Fat Smash diet today as well after doing a lot of research online, it seems like everyone is really happy with the results! I should've started sooner, I leave for vacation on the 20th and I know I will be tempted with all the great restaurants. I'm going out tonight and stocking up on fruits and veggies, so far today I've had 1/2 cup of oatmeal with sweet 'n' low and cinnamon and 1 cup of green tea. I can't wait to try out some of the soups and other recipes, the problem will be watching my boyfriend eat all the stuff I can't have! I'm about 5'3'' and almost 170 pounds (my scale is way off, sometimes it's more toward 165...I guess I should invest in an accurate one!) my goal overall is to lose at least forty pounds..I'm not going to lie I'm pretty hungry right now and I just ate my oatmeal but I came into this a little unprepared, I wanted to start on Monday but I haven't had the chance to go buy groceries yet! Oh well. Good luck to everyone and can't wait to hear all of your progress. I'll probably be seeing a lot of these guys for the next 9 days!
Old 07-03-2007, 06:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 235/228/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrace View Post
Hi, all. I just got back from vacation and decided to start the FSD today as well. I've gotten in my 30 minutes of aerobics for today, and I'm working on preparing meals for the rest of the week today. I won't say I've eaten well today, as I didn't really have anything prepared. But I really didn't want to put off starting the diet.

I've found some great recipes on this forum, and I can't wait to try them. (I'm making the Fat Smash Granola right now.)

When I first started dating my fiance, I was in excellent shape. But between my career and life in general, I've gained a lot of weight. We're getting married in November, and I want to be back to my healthy weight by then. I'd like to lose about 35 pounds. I'm very active, but my eating habits aren't what they should be. So, I'm hoping Dr. Ian can help to get me there.
The same thing happened to me when I met my fiance. He cooked for me all the time, and it wasn't healthy food! I'm also getting married in Nov and trying to drop the extra pounds I gained. I'm in phase 2 of fs, and so far it's been working for me. good luck starting phase 1!
Old 07-05-2007, 12:54 PM   #13  

Just checking to see how everyone is doing on their first few days of the diet...So far so good for me. It was hard the first few days but I am starting to enjoy it. I couldn't help it...this morning I peaked at the scale...I have lost a little more than 4 pounds since Monday..I was shocked!!! Good luck everyone!!
Old 07-05-2007, 07:21 PM   #14  

I started Monday and so far it's going well. I am getting used to eating the foods listed and not eating the things that I am used to. I am so tempted to check the scale but I am afraid that I will be disappointed and discouraged to continue so I am trying to wait the week. I am having the most problems fitting the exercise into my day. Hopefully all the pieces will fall into shape over the next few weeks. I hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there. We can do this!!
Old 07-06-2007, 12:41 AM   #15  

Don't feel bad, I haven't been working out as much as I should either. I started Monday and I think I've worked out twice. I try to at least take a walk in the evening but I have a problem going by myself or even to the gym by myself for that matter which I really need to get over so I always have to wait till my bf is free to go to the track w/ me but I'm sure even if I'm not intensely working out not eating my usual hot wings at 12 AM is definitely helping.