Old 07-11-2007, 11:06 AM   #1  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

Height: 5'6"

Default EFS Mentor ?

I'm doing FS now, but I'm really looking for info. on how to do EFS. I may want to switch.

I bought the FS book, I was disapointed because it didn't tell me anything I didn't learn on here.

I don't want to buy the EFS book - I'm wondering if someone can be my mentor and give me the run down so I can do this?
I'm on another one of the 3FC's forums and everyone shares everything on there, I was hoping this group is the same.

Thanks in advance !
Old 07-11-2007, 11:55 AM   #2  

Height: 5'3

I think we aren't allowed to post the actual details of the EFS diet, but it's designed for people who want to lose up to 25 lbs and it's pretty low calorie and has specific foods to eat at each meal. There are three phases, each is 7 days. The first is detox and then each of the other phases introduces back in other foods in small quantities. It's a basic good carb, lean meat, lots of fruits and veggies and exercise type diet.

Do you have a library close by? I got a copy of the EFS book at my library (and if they don't have it, ask if they will purchase it, most libraries have a budget for that). It was nice to "preview" the book before I bought it, but I ended up buying it because it was working for me.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #3  
Started June 1st '07

I do have a library - I don't belong or have a card... I don't live in this town though so I'm not sure if I can get one?? (I live in the country)

On the other forum I'm on I got the whole diet plan from members - not sure why this would be any different. Sure what's posted is in their words, not the diet plans - but they give step by step instructions and if anyone has questions they give them.

As far as the specific meals - I'm wondering if I could even do it - I'm a pretty picky eater...
Old 07-11-2007, 12:04 PM   #4  
it's always something

Yeah, we can't give away specific details, or we might get into trouble. Authors and their publishers generally don't like that.

I think it looks very difficult. I didn't even try it.

This is from our sticky post comparing the two diets, maybe it will help.

Extreme Fat Smash

* Designed for people that have 10 to 25 pounds to lose
* Consists of 3 Cycles, plus maintenance
* Each cycle lasts 1 week, and 3 cycles = 1 rotation.
* Repeat rotations as necessary until you reach goal. Then follow the maintenance guidelines.
* Food choices are more specific this time. You will eat foods which are low on the Glycemic Index. For example, you cannot eat bananas, watermelon, or pineapple because they are high GI, despite being low in calories and fat free. You'll also be encouraged to eat foods higher in fiber and protein.
* Averages 800 to 1000 calories per day, according to the sample menus we checked. We assume this is why it is for people with few pounds to lose, because it would not be healthy to follow long term.
* You'll eat every 3 hours.
* Exercise: Requires intense exercise, usually about an hour a day.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:07 PM   #5  
Started June 1st '07

Thanks Gals !

I did search the 28 pages on here - found where EFS started as a topic and went from there (approx. page 11 for me :-)

I guess I'll just stick it out with FS until I can find a copy of EFS to browse through - with my food pickiness I don't want to spend the $$ if it's not something I can stick to.

Thanks again!
Old 07-11-2007, 12:08 PM   #6  
it's always something

Btw, you should still be able to get a library card. I have cards from various libraries in nearby cities and they didn't mind. Sometimes they charge a few dollars more. You'll find a ton of diet books!
Old 07-11-2007, 12:53 PM   #7  
Started June 1st '07

Yikes, the library closest to me doesn't have it - the nearest one is 1.5 hrs away.

I think I'll just hold off and stick with FS for the 90 days.

But if anyone has a EFS book they want to part with for a good price/shipping let me know.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 154/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Book

You can get the book on Amazon for ~$8. If you are a picky eater, this diet might not be for you. You have to follow the plan and the food very carefully to get the results. I like it because it is all planned out and it works. I have lost seven pounds in 11 days and all my cravings are now finally gone. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 196/148/120

Height: 5ft

is there fish involved in the diet? and dont you feel very light headed from not eating enough? I get light headed dizzy from regular FS.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:04 PM   #10  

Height: 5'3

I felt weak the first rotation but only when I was working out, then I started eating more and did ok. Lean chicken, beef and turkey and fish are all allowed and those can be subbed for veggie burgers if you're vegetarian. You shouldn't be feeling light-headed on ANY diet. Either you need to eat more or eat more nutrient-dense foods. If you're doing that, then you might want to check with a doctor. It might be that you have a glycemic or blood pressure disorder that's affecting you when you diet.