Old 06-13-2007, 12:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'10"

Default Exercise

I have read over the fat smash book and see the amount of exercise required for each day. However, I deliver mail in Vegas in 100 degree heat and do not have the energy for cardio right now. Will it make a big difference if I skip the cardio, or will I be ok if I continue the walking for my job and the 2 walks a day with my dog?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Thumbs up

Are you doint the Original Fat Smash? I will be honest on my first go around of Detox I may have exercised maybe one day and I still lost 5 lbs. It does depend on your metabolism and it sounds like you get enough exercise as it is. The book does stess the importance of exercising though but only you can know what your body can handle.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:00 AM   #3  

Height: 5'3

I think you should try it without adding extra exercise and see how your results are and then decide whether to add in more exercise. It does sound like you get plenty of exercise as is! It might be a lower intensity than recommended. Maybe you can add some yoga or toning work at home so that you're doing a different activity from your normal routine but that isn't so energy-draining.

I'm doing EFS, and I had to take three weeks off from exercising due to injury and illness, but still lost 1-2 pounds a week during that time. Slower than I'd like, but still going the right direction!
Old 06-14-2007, 10:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Actually, delivering mail in such intense heat has to burn a decent amount of calories. Did you know that sweating makes you burn more calories? Being hot AND being cold both temporarily speed up your metabolism.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 372/310/170

Just finished Cycle 1, per work...not much exercise...lost about 6 pounds