Old 02-27-2007, 09:04 PM   #1  
Total Loser

S/C/G: 283/277/170

Height: 5'5"

Question Hi Everyone! (newbie here) :-)

Hi all,

I'll keep this brief. I started Phase 1 of the Fat Smash Diet today, and I'm worried that I may not be getting enough calories. Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast-oatmeal w/ cinnamon and a packet of splenda
Snack-orange and banana
Dinner- purple hull peas, 4 eggs whites, and an apple

According to calorie-count, I've had roughly 774 calories. I walked a mile today using Walk Away the Pounds and, unfortunately, I'm only now drinking my second bottle of water (16 oz.)

I really, really want this to work. (sigh) Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-27-2007, 10:38 PM   #2  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Hello Nikki,

Welcome, you're suppose to have 5-6 small meals a day. 3 main meals and 2-3 snacks. You can eat until you're full, but within reasonable limits. Try eating brown rice, or some beans. They will keep you full longer. Do you have the Fat Smash Diet book? It helps to use this as a guide. Here is a sample of my menu today

B: Oatmeal with splenda, and a cup of sliced pineapple
S1: Lowfat vanilla yogurt with strawberries
L: Vegetable soup (homemade) and a cucumber and corn salad with 1 tbs of fat free ranch dressing
S2: A cup of Strawberries and a cup of skim milk
D: vegetable fried brown rice (recipe can be found in the recipe section)
S3: Frozen grapes

and water, water, water..

I hope this gives you an idea
Old 02-27-2007, 11:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Height: 5'7"

Nikki - welcome! You are not getting enough calories - I too had this problem in Phase I. I lost several pounds the first few dyas and then started to gain! Yikes! I pre-cooked a bunch of brown rice and lentils and froze them in ziplocks so I could just heat-n-eat. I also make a crockpot full of veggie soup every week. I really don't use any recipe - just low sodium broth, fozen mixed veggies (I rinse to get rid of any salt) and also out in some lentils and brown rice. I have oatmeal daily for breakfast. I also bought a smoothy maker - this is an eay way to get calories too - I put in yogurt, egg whites, a tad bit of low fat milk and whatever fruit you want. I also carry apples in my purse for times I am in the car. I am just finishing up the 3rd day in Phase I (again - I went off the wagon a bit over the last week and a half - however I did not gain, but did not lose either). I am anxious to see how this Phase I weight loss compares to my first Phase I since I have increase the calories to the recommended level.

Good luck - you can do it!
Old 02-28-2007, 11:25 AM   #4  
11 months til my wedding

S/C/G: 241/217/140

Height: 5'4"

Smile welcome newbie

Hi Nikki Borwn rice is a great staple, and check out the recipe board for ideas. I also use the food network alot to get meals. It will definitely be much easier to find snacks once fruits come into season. I can't wait for watermelon!
Old 02-28-2007, 12:13 PM   #5  
Total Loser

Tinky, I ordered the Fat Smash Diet book and it has yet to arrive. Hopefully it will be here in a day or two. Thanks for the sample menu; that definitely helps! I am a "Success" brown rice fan (boil in bag), and I just viewed their website and discovered that they offer cups/ready-to-serve which could be great for lunch on the go. A lot of people have given kudos to the frozen grapes idea. I'll have to try it!

fatBgone, I like the idea of preparing beforehand. That's something I never do, but now know that if I fail to plan I'm really planning to fail. I should make a veggie soup. I have two crockpots that are not being used and are patiently waiting for a good meal. I think I'll have to invest in a smoothie maker; I LOVE smoothies!

dragongoddess, I'll definitely check out the food network and this board for recipe ideas!

Thanks everyone!

I was so ready to give up after day one, but decided to stick it out! I actually enjoy all of the foods permitted (minus yogurt) but I think the whole boredom thing began to set in. Off to find recipes!
Old 02-28-2007, 03:46 PM   #6  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

FatBGone- Thank goodness for pre preps, it saves me alot of time. I just cook a big pot of brown rice, and then I put them in baggies, then use them as I please!

Nikki- Hang in there...you will do fine, if you eat more calories, and eat more
Old 02-28-2007, 04:25 PM   #7  

Height: 5'10"

I *never* believed that if you didn't eat enough you'd stop losing weight - I thought it was just a lie that skinny peole told.

But then it actually happened to me on Phase 1! So, yes, eat more!
Old 02-28-2007, 06:55 PM   #8  
Total Loser

lol @ s2theb! I just went grocery shopping and got a few things...forgot the grapes, unfortunately, but I stocked up on some nice things. For recipes that call for canned anything, I scrupulously eyed every label to check for sodium. (even though I'll still rinse them) I was just surprised at how much sodium is in these things I used to eat. Yowza. No wonder I felt like a puffer fish. Luckily, I found a lot of low sodium things. It took some digging and all, but they're definitely there. I'm off to cook something yummy!
Old 03-01-2007, 09:21 AM   #9  

Just wanted to say to you..