Old 02-16-2007, 06:41 PM   #1  
11 months til my wedding

S/C/G: 241/217/140

Height: 5'4"

Smile new to the plan.. and confused... help!

hello all, my name is Destiny, and I am new to the Fat Smash Diet. I had done Atkins before, but stopped, since I was concerned it wasn't healthy. Plus, it got old. I missed so many things! And wasn't prepared to spend the rest of my life without them. I am currently (or when I weighed last week) at 240, and only 5'4". Ugh! I want to ideally get back down to 140, but don't know if that will happen. For the short term, I am most concerned about losing 50-60 pounds before I try and get pregnant. It would be great to lose that before next February, since I'm getting married. I'm on Day 5 of the first phase (which, after Atkins...is nothing! But, I am having trouble understanding some of what I can/can't have. One good thing about Atkins, was it was spelled out very clearly. From the book, I have a basic understanding of things, but want to be sure on how to proceed. That's where I'm hoping for help from all of you. I'm going shopping this weekend with Phase 2 in mind, and was confused about how much meat I can have. In the book, it says you can have 3-4 oz. of meats, and lists them. But, at the top of the page, it says, "Note: These are total servongs allowed per day; eat your servings during any meal you choose". But does that mean I can only have one meat per day? Or one of each kind. (Sometimes I'm a little slow) And do I have to prepare them like they have listed? Or can I use other recipes, as long as they don't include forbidden ingredients. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2007, 07:26 PM   #2  
it's always something

Welcome to 3FC

This is the most confusing diet plan ever Phase 1 is very clear and easy and I loved it. Personally, I never made it out of P1 and stayed on it for a long time before leaving FS to do my own thing. There was a lot of confusion about what was allowed in P2 and the lure of meat did nothing for me, as a vegetarian.

Here's what he said elsewhere:

Quote:
In phase II each day you are allowed to have 1 serving of any of the lean meats and 1 serving of the seafood. For example, you can have chicken breast (without the skin and the right size for lunch) and have a piece of salmon for a dinner meal. If someone has allergies to seafood, then they should have two meat servings that day, let's say chicken and turkey or whatever combination they prefer. If you really don't want the meat, then you can have two servings of the seafood.
So that should help you out You should be able to use them in any way you wish as long as long as all ingredients are allowed.

He is releasing a new book called Extreme Fat Smash next month and it has around 100 pages more than this one, so I'm guessing he's taking more time to explain things and make it less confusing
Old 02-16-2007, 07:31 PM   #3  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

I use 4 ounces of chicken all day, I just shredd it and add an ounce here, 2 ounces there. Amazing how far that stuff goes!
Old 02-17-2007, 01:21 PM   #4  
11 months til my wedding

S/C/G: 241/217/140

Height: 5'4"

thanks everyone, that's very helpful. Oh, I'm glad he's coming out with a new book! I watch the Food Network every day, and keep an eye out for recipes I can use.. can't wait until it comes out!
Old 02-25-2007, 02:08 PM   #5  
Coleen

Default I agree with you, Suzanne!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
Welcome to 3FC

This is the most confusing diet plan ever Phase 1 is very clear and easy and I loved it. Personally, I never made it out of P1 and stayed on it for a long time before leaving FS to do my own thing. There was a lot of confusion about what was allowed in P2 and the lure of meat did nothing for me, as a vegetarian.

Here's what he said elsewhere:

So that should help you out You should be able to use them in any way you wish as long as long as all ingredients are allowed.

He is releasing a new book called Extreme Fat Smash next month and it has around 100 pages more than this one, so I'm guessing he's taking more time to explain things and make it less confusing

I bought the book (the first one) and I am even confused on P1! For instance, looking at the Foods/Drinks Allowed section: It does not mention any fats AT ALL, yet if you look at the recipes for phase one, there is olive oil and butter listed in several of them. What the...??? I feel there are a lot of things that are "out there" for you to figure out on your own. I figure if you buy the book, it should be fairly black and white. And I don't think I should have to buy yet ANOTHER book to find out what I really can and can't have on the plan!

Dr Smith, get it right the first time, okay?

Even though I am as confused as the original poster, I am trying it out, just to see how things go. I am on day 3 and am really surprised how full and satisfied I feel. My BF, who normally eats like crazy is doing it with me and he feels great too!
Old 02-26-2007, 03:24 PM   #6  
alanna

S/C/G: 260/251/135

Height: 5'5

ok im in p1 and i just dont get this book at all there are only recp.for p2,p3,p4 im so sick of what im eating please help