Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 09:47 PM   #1  
Breakfast Fiend

S/C/G: 164/154/140

Default Fasting

Tomorrow I will be fasting. I have been stressed out for the past couple of weeks and have been turning to food for comfort instead of to God. I'm beginning to listen to Satan's lies that I will never succeed in this journey toward a healthy lifestyle.

So I'm sacrificing my favorite form of numbing myself to the stress of life for one day, so that I can turn to God instead.

If y'all could pray for me, it would be wonderful.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:58 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Certainly I will pray for you dear...be careful though with fasting. God wants you to eat healthy and take care of yourself.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:48 PM   #3  

Perhaps while you are, or instead of fasting, you can have a dedication to health day. My faith helps me eat a healthy diet, because if you think about it, God provided us with fruit and vegetables, meat and fish, grains and herbs. He didn't put things in boxes, cartons, packets etc in the Garden of Eden.

I know all these things make our lives easier, but getting back to God and getting back to healthy eating goes hand in hand.

Prayers and hugs are with you
Old 05-03-2006, 02:52 PM   #4  
Breakfast Fiend

Thank you both for your prayers.

The fast is going well. Every time I feel a desire to eat, I remind myself that God fulfills my true hunger. My soul is hungry, just as my body is hungry, and fasting always helps remind me of that. When I have been stressed today, I first think about food, then about God. I have dealt with my emotions instead of eat them away, and I feel healthy emotionally. (Amazing, since I have been stressed out for about a week straight!)

Thanks again for your support, ezmoney and kykaree!
Old 05-03-2006, 05:09 PM   #5  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

I know that your day is coming to an end, but some last-minute prayers for you. I hope that your day of fasting provided you the spiritual nourishment you were hoping for.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:37 PM   #6  
Breakfast Fiend

Thank you guys soooo much! I feel like a new person today. I'm getting back into my healthy habits almost as easily as I slipped into my bad ones. I'm ready to continue the healthy lifestyle, stress-free and god-full.
Closed Thread