Old 04-28-2007, 02:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Size 26W/Size 24W/Size 8

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Thin Within

Does anyone here do this?
How big is its secret site? I'm wondering if the online support network will be worth the money or if I should just bootleg it and use the book on my own.
Thanks -
Vanessa
rubberlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:08 AM   #2  

Oh, and I don't really have any support groups near me.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Well what is it ? A book ? Diet plan ? Exercise plan ? /
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:41 PM   #4  

It's similar to the Weigh Down but without all of the bad theology/condemnation.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:47 PM   #5  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

I have never heard of this, I'm going to have to look it up.

A lot of Weigh Down really spoke to me but some of it was just a huge turn off. I'll have to look up this Thin Within business. I don't want to say anything too negative about WD because I know a lot of people have been successful with it and are very emotional about it, but a lot of the core ideas were really not for me.
NicoleNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:37 AM   #6  

I have the book and always mean to start reading it. There are 30 days worth of reading and written exercises, and it overwhelms me.

It's basically an eat when hungry, stop when satisfied learning device book. She had a bestseller with it in the 80's before she turned Christian. After she accepted Christ, she revised the book with a Christian theme. If you don't own the book, make sure you get the revised edition, not the older one that some used bookstores still sell.

Weigh Down Diet was a much easier read, but Gwen Shamblin's rejection of the trinity was a huge disappointment to me. My husband and I took Weigh Down classes at our local church and really enjoyed the group years ago. But if she had been more forthcoming about her theology, we would have quit sooner.

Her theology reminds me of an email I received from a Christian friend a while ago. She wrote she thought it was cute that a child she knows calls Jesus God's Secretary. Frankly I was very offended by this wrong teaching. As we know, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are EQUALS. That email summed up Gwen's theology perfectly, and it's one I can't accept.
brnagain is offline   Reply With Quote