♥ Christian Encouragers #200 ♥

You're on Page 5 of 11
Go to
  • WoW! BUSY!!!

Job *WELL DONE* for Margie B in the loss of her 5 lbs. & Jackay in losing 19 lbs. and Virginia in getting in her walk of 1.5 miles & Christy too!!!
    You *ALL* are doing so well!!!!!

Jackay, Love the pictures!!!!!!!!!! You look as adorable as your children!!!!!!! As I said... you are doing an awesome job. Keep up the great work! It isn't easy, Lord knows... but we all can do it if we keep taking the moments as they come to us. We must remember that the devil likes to trip us up --- just as he see's we feel Joy in our accomplishments. Often I mutter to him this verse when he whispers in my ear in the moment of temptation... "The next time YOU try to remind me of my past... I will remind YOU of YOUR future!" taken from Rev. 20:10 He loves throwing in Guilt, Sadness, Desperation (all neg. words!)... to trip us up!! Ever notice that you will get so far in your weight-loss venture and then feel defeated when it doesn't turn out just as YOU think it should or go fast enough for you (I've been there lots of times!)... well, that is the devil sticking his foot out in whispers to trip us up. We must fight this fight each and every day, never giving up --- and as we become stronger, so does he (the devil), he does not want us to win this battle --- so it's all the more important for us to stay *close to the Lord in Prayer*! So that we are protected with *His armor* when those whispers come. I find so much strength each day in *Prayer* & coming here and sharing with all of you and seeing that *I AM NOT ALONE* in my feelings and my battles. We *ALL* can beat this RIGHT!

And that takes me to you Margie... You sure do keep me inspired to keep on going each day!! Always just one step in front I haven't walked yet today, it has been raining like crazy here. Is it raining there yet? We are suppose to have rain & cooler temps here for the next few days... that's okay... it is Spring after all Speaking of Spring! I have been sneezing like crazy!!! The pollen must be very high. The rain will help that allot Keep up the wonderful job girl!!! You too are an inspiration for me as well It's great to be able to come to a place and be inspired by one another, isn't it

By-the-way... when I read your post to Christy and you told her to "jiggle" her weight off I couldn't not help the visual I got Did you meant to say JIGGLE or JUGGLE I laughed so hard!!! Thanks!!!

Hi MKay, my goodness gracious!!! He really had a bad injury !! How's he dealing with it all? Is he hard to live with because of the frustration? I only ask, because whenever Joe gets sick or has an injury that takes a long time to heal... he can be a bear because he wants it all better yesterday! I noticed that as he gets older he is less patient with himself and others I hope that you are doing okay through all this. It's hard on both when one or the other is suffering.

Your Nikki sounds beautiful! Has she really grown? They grow leaps and bounds in that first year! Any pictures???

Hi Rachel, I too use to go to Curves, but I had to quit because my heath, at that time, was so poor. I have a question for you about your headache... have you just begun getting your headaches after doing Curves? If so... remember to keep you head BACK ON THE HEADREST of the machines that have high backs on them... that's when I was getting my headaches, using the wrong muscles in the back of my head and into my shoulders (because I held my head up instead of resting it back). Be careful and don't be afraid of asking questions there... although, I get the feeling that you are not afraid to speak up Feel better! Maybe try 15 min of heat to relax the muscles in your shoulders and then ice to take down that headache pain.

I wondered about your sig phrase too It baffled me and sounded mean I am glad that Gary asked you about it. I even called my hubby in to read it and help me try and figure out what you meant by it...

MNewton/ Myisha... it's so good to hear from you! And to know your name Beautiful name... what nationality is it, if I may ask? How wonderful your trip sounded My Joe envied you talking about all that seafood... he loves it! How are you feeling? How's your baby girl doing today?? What did the Dr. have to say?

Hey there Wilma, I am so glad to hear that you and your DF are trying to work things out... it's a stress that you really don't need right now.

How is your kitchen coming along??? Haven't heard much about it lately I am very curious and look forward to some pics

Christy, in getting in your 2 miles IN THE DARK! Hope you are careful! Good for you!

Hey there Big Guy... thank-you so much for your support! Yes, my Joe is very proud of me and tells me so each morning when I get up at 5am to go out walking. He always say's how much he admires me, because he struggles in just getting out of bed these days. But to be honest with you and fair to him... he works so very hard! And then comes home and has to go out again for church meetings or practices most every night. So he does his 20 min. of stretching time to keep his back healthy and not much more. Although, he did go out for a brief walk/run the other day And then he came back to pat me on the back because the hill's I walk are tough! He had forgotten till he went out and had to climb them too Allot easier to take in a vehicle So I may be chubby, but I'm strong!

Sprout??????????????? Are you reading and feeling overwhelmed with all the people? Don't worry... just pop in and tell us if you are okay and how life is treating you, okay. We miss you!!!!

Hi Sherry, I am so very sorry to hear that you hurt your knee!!!!! Ouch !! I sure do hope that it feels much better as the day goes on today. It always hurts worse that first night *Prayers* for you that it heals quickly and fully!

I am so pleased to hear that your prayers were answered with being able to keep up with your bills --- I know how scary that can be I really do hope that you will have the BESTEST NEWS at your WI tomorrow!!!! But if you don't --- hang n there, okay. Don't let the devil trip you up

HI MICHELE! It's good to see you back... how are you feeling!? I think Gary was asking about *TOM*... you mentioned it was due soon in your last post

*~*~*

*Greetings to all those MIA's and Lurkers* I do hope that you will stop in I really must be going... I think I am developing *chair butt* from all the typing I've been doing these days

<><
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • Sunny, that is so cool! How'd you get a graphic made for you? Wow, i love it!
  • Good Morning!
    I see that when you take a day off from posting things around here get real busy! I have to try to keep up now.
    Working in the garden was so nice the other day. I just love the sunshine and that spring air!
    Yesterday was my day to go thru all the papers that seem to collect around the house and also to cut those darn coupons.
    I got to see my sweet grandson for all of 2 minutes. That smile of his will keep me going for another day or too.
    I have made the decision to start walking more. I am going to shoot for at least 25 miles a month. When you break it down by weeks and then days it's not too bad. I really need to get my metabolism back up and running. Between the extra weight and the how growing older woman thing I can't seem to even keep off the 1 lb that I lost.
    SunnyD you are so good at finding graphics maybe you could help. I am looking for a nice one that I can use for invites for my daughters baptism party. She's 13 so it really can't be babyish,but I would like it to be kind of cute not too serious. Thank you.
    Welcome to all the other newbies. I just joined too and already I know that this is where the Lord wanted me to be.
    Do any of you watch American Idol? Anwar Robinson was my daughter music teacher. He was last nights low man on the voting poll But I'm sure that he will have a great future at whatever else he does.
    Well I'm off to do dishes and then straightening up a bit. I'll stop back later.
    Have a great morning.
    Take care and God Bless
    Lynn
  • Happy To Find Christian Post
    I was so happy to find this Christian post! I just joined WW and I went to an orthopedist yesterday due to knee problems and problems from an ankel I broke last summer. He informed me that until I lose at least 50 pounds I shouldn't walk or treadmill for exersize (these are my favorite forms) - only water aerobics or stationary bike (neither that I have access too at this point). I refuse to let this stop me. I have to get the weight off and I want to get it off. I want to play with my kids and cross my legs!! Anyway - please pray for me and my knees!

• Good Morning Lynn Yes... I will do my best to find you a graphic or two When is her Baptism? And YES... I watch *A-Idol* and I had all three of the bottom right! I posted it on another thread I'm on... but to be honest with you... I thought that SCOTT was going, not Anwar But No Worries... he will be picked up by someone --- you'll see

Thanx Michele! I had a bunch made for me... glad you like!!

to the group Gheller!

*Prayers* offered for your legs and knee's - believe and it will be so
    Come back again soon

<><
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • Welcome Gina! You can do it...it seems that some of us are getting back up on that horse and goin for it!

Sunny...That was so cool to see your name in a graphic. "The next time YOU try to remind me of my past... I will remind YOU of YOUR future!" Not THAT'S one I will use. Thanks! Actually Gary is very tolerable but I'm sure alot of its due to the vicodin he's on. He still works (not much tho) and rests his foot at night. We haven't had an argument in over 2 months.

grandmawants2lose...you can come and tend my garden (ok, it's a tiny area) but I just don't get into tending. I like smelling and seeing and picking, but NOT tending.

Michele...Glad to see you posting. I have your other surprise done and now I have to give you instructions how to wear it.

wilma12...Tonight's weigh in night. My scale this a.m. showed 3 lbs., but we'll see tonight's decrease (how's that for positive).

cbaumgardner..Let's rebuke those headaches...NO MORE!

Well back to work...I don't stay focused too much...can you tell?

Mary

• *REMINDER*
    To go back and read pages gone by...
    with all these wonderful people you may miss a post.

*News Flash*
    I just heard on the news that being plump is okay
    THIN in NOT in... being HEALTHY IS!!!

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

• WONDERFUL NEWS MKay!!!!
    I am so happy to hear that all is going well with
    you and Gary in spite of his injury

*God Bless You*
    {{{Hugs}}}

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • Oooh I just lost my entire post! So I am starting again. Hi to all! How is everybody?

A special hello to Sunny and Mitchypoo as I see your eggs are all lit up as I start to post...again!! Sunny I love your new graphic...you certainly have a great way with I.T. !!

I am not too pleased with life at the moment. What's new? I hear myself cry!! I am struggling with the very painful arthritis in my foot. I know it is bad because I have had to stop my anti-inflammatories as they were contra-indicated with my cardiac drugs. I am taking extra painkillers to try and ease some of the pain but walking is extremely difficult.
    I have also managed to gain about 7lbs over the past month. I am not at all pleased about this!! I have a feeling I need to start having only 1 glass fizzy dring a day like I was doing and not 3 or 4 like I had got into the habit of doing recently.

It is a gorgeous warm sunny day here in Suffolk today. Lovely blue sky Unfortunately we are threatened with rain at the weekend as usual...but it is nice whilst it lasts...

Welcome to all the new people who have joined us in this great Christian thread. I hope you will find us a great bunch to be with! I certainly really appreciate all the prayers and posts from everybody on the thread.Ghe;;er I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your knees. I do hope the aquarobics help with the excercise and ease the pain.

I am off to see my neighbour now. She is really depressed at the moment as she resigned from her nursing job at the private hospital recently. I suspect there was a lot of corporate bullying going on and she was being made a scapegoat and her working life was a real misery over the last 8 months or so. She certainly needs a lot of tlc, especially as her eldest daughter is expecting her first baby in November, and the other daughter is backtracking with her boyfriend, round Asia and Australasia. They have been to Cambodia and Vietnam and hope to land in Australia at the beginning of June. A worrying time for her and her husband.

Well thats all from me for now. Bye bye and God Bless.
    Love from Teel.xx
  • Goodmorning room, still trying to find my niche. today i feel better going to take the bus into town, and go to weightwatchers, i usally weigh in on mondays but I had sick all week.

Thank the lord that today is the day that he has made and I will rejoice in it!!!!! For the Grace of God is greater than my sicknes..........Having to pick up myself after this defeat for I had not been sick in over a year ........I will not listen to those whispers of defeat......as sunnyD refered tooI do look forward to meeting many of you and will report back my progress this evening. another Michelle
  • Thursday
    HI LADIES

JACKAY "! WARNING!... WARNING! JACKAY!..JACKAY!...someone has taken your hair and put a SKINNY body under it!...just like they do in the weight loss advertisements...I will keep a look out for the stinker!
    Keep up the good work! Try to have an easy work day.

LYNN You are so right! 25 miles breaks down to just one mile a day with a day off each week...a good start for a new lifestyle! I do watch AMERICAN IDOL...I thought Anwar did a great job on the show and sure seems to be a great guy! I think he may end up on TV somehow with that smile and attitude he seems to carry. I am sure you were rooting for him...so sorry about that...but personally I have another favorite...and just to give you the "heads up" Donna does too

RACHEL Thanks for the take on the signature...don't know why I didn't get it...I love all the modern music...Neil Diamond, Creedence, Beatles...etc

ZOE Safe trip prayers.

MICHELE I think it was the TOM thing...you know the guy...glad to see you back. The Washington house should be ready soon...Angie and I will be spending most of the summer there..we think...then I may stay and work...not sure about me, but she will have to come back here for one more year...already has next years contract...her daughter will be a senior too.

WILMA OH MARTHA! My goodness...we expect you to be bossy and powerfull just remember to once you have beaten them down to give them a flower from your spring garden or some quiche Read above in Micheles for WA. info...and Angie will apply for a teaching position when she comes for good. I was offered a job by a contractor when he saw the work I did on the drywall in my house when I was up there...will probably start for him and see what happens after that...HAVE A SAFE AND FUN TRIP!!!

SHERRY Hey dear...hope that knee gets better soon...how ya gonna cover second base? Angie makes a little extra each month selling candles..of course she loves to go out and do parties with the little snacks and wine etc...not much money up front...just time. She also sells her journal for weight loss and herbal packs...picks up a little there too. I am sure you have thought of all this...in fact if I remember...BUT I DON'T..ask SUNNY you were doing something or thinking along those lines ???? with a craft. PRAYERS!!

CHRISTY Great job on the 2 miles...National Park to walk in? cool

MARY Hope the headache goes away soon! I don't get them often thank goodness...that is if Angie's is "in her place"! HA My buddy, we discussed a week ago, is going to see a lawyer...so sad...not sure what will happen but it has been a long long time since he was happy..and NO response
    from his wife to reconcile...Keep PRAYING!! ...seems like things are better...at least your DH is a christian...my friends wife is not. PRAYERS.

SUNNY Taking the hills makes it so much easier in a race that is on flat ground. We have the "World's Fastest 5K" here in Carlsbad each year...Angie and I have done it several times over the years... last month we were in Washington so we couldn't...but it is flat! The year we trained for the marathon we did tons of hills...it was so easy that year to race in the 5K. Angie gets up at 5am almost every morning and does 3 miles with the dogs..if Reba will go..Rylee always does...sometimes Reba just wants to stay with me and go back to bed if I am working close to home...keeps her going..Ron and I took them for a walk last night after dinner while Angie was $$ WINNING$$ at BUNKO. Have a great week-end.

Well i hope I have caught up with everyone in the last two posts...if not...SORRY

I am not sure when i will be back...depends on how my daughter does in the tournament...we are leaving pretty soon as she plays at 3:3o..so PRAYERS asked for a safe match and no IBS attacks! She has a fairly tough match at first and then has to play the #2 seed if she wins...ouch!...just hoping she has fun!!

Later, Gary
  • We are such a busy thread, - don't ya just love it?
    mnewton - myisha - glad you're back and had such a great time on your R&R, although I'm envious, never had anybody pamper me that way, but you deserve it and I'm sure you enjoyed ever minute of it.

mkay - the 5# loss, there's really no secret that I've been doing. Counting calories, portion control is a biggie. One thing I do that seems to help the most is give up pop/soda, whatever you call it in your area, at the most I have one can/glass a day, usually not even that. Second I give up salt, which we don't need anyway. I lightly season while I'm preparing food but then the salt shaker isn't on the table and no salt on the plates once it's served. Let us know how your weight in goes tonight, we'll be hoping for good things, 3+ maybe???

lateralus 98 - You are SUCH a loooooosssseeerrr, ain't it great? A loser AND a grower, what a combination. To me height has never mattered, I figured we're just as tall as the Good Lord made us and there's really not much we can do about it. Keep up the weight loss!

Christy - Great going on the 2 miles, - keep it up. Little by little it all adds up!

wilma - our thoughts are still with you and your teller friend, hopefully things will all work out. I had a somewhat similar situation about 4 years back, a good friend here at work 'thought' I had betrayed her, I tried to talk to her and work things out with what happened, what she thought, I thought, etc. she wouldn't even talk to me about it and still to this day she won't even speak to me. Prayers that your outcome will be a lot better than mine. P.S. Have a great time on your getaway, a little R&R is good for everyone!

EZ - what is this I hear about a good-looking guy on this thread??? I DID do my walk, even after watching the announcement of the new Pope, just did it a little later than usual. I wish you were right on the 911 child calls and having no more but this world is very cruel.

Oh, on the weight loss, I know you care or you wouldn't have mentioned it - just admit it, you like all these ladies giving you our attention and being the only guy on the thread, kinda like your own harem of sorts, right?

ZOE - safe travels to and in New York!

Jackay - Yes, I too can see a difference - 19# is Great! Is that in the 3 week period? Your boys sure do look like you, especially their eyes.

MrsSmiley - yes, take that extra sleep, you've been working a lot lately and deserve it. Speedy recovery on your knee. Hope you're a big loser tomorrow also, let us know.

Mitchypoo - hope you're feeling better and can get all caught up with all the posting going on around here. Post soon and let us know how you're doing.

SunnyD - I Love Tweety, thank you. No we don't have any rain, as yet, they keep saying it's coming - have you been sending any my way? It is also suppose to be cooler here for the next week, about 70 today. The rain will also help with the pollen.

No, I meant 'jiggle' I guess 'juggle' would work also - just need to give the diet a little JIGGLE and get off that plateau. Isn't it great to inspire each other. I did walk a little last night, I've got 35 miles in, do you think you're going to be able to walk today, will the rain keep you in, perhaps the t-mill? Keep it moving. . .

Lynn - oh Anwar was my favorite and I thought he would/should win. How neat that you know him. I agree that he will be picked up somewhere, what a magnificent voice and such a kind personality too. I don't know who will win now on Idol, - guess that's going to keep us tuned in. Probably Carrie is my next favorite. . .

gheller - Gina - WELCOME. You have definitely found an active bunch here. Prayers for strength and healing in your knee. Keep us informed okay?

Gotta run to a Homeland Security meeting, - hope everyone is having a Terrific Thursday. - Margie
  • Darn
    I WILL NEVER CATCH --UP!!!

This is way cool...........

Posted and saw...

GINA...WELCOME

TEEL I am so sorry you are so sad....I will continue to have you in my prayers...one can only think 1 thought at a time...Praying for you to have MANY happy thoughts!!! Praying for day that the focus of your thoughts have turned. Peace be with you.

ANOTHER-MICHELE Glad to see you found us again!

outtahere
  • MARGIE

OK, You caught me...humm, maybe I shouldn't have told Angie about you all
  • EZMONEY...I'm on the case now.

Margie...I've been on this di...er...I've been on this lifestyle change since March 26th. Considering my starting weight, I kind of expected the pounds would roll off immediately just by kicking the regular soda habit alone.

Thank you SunnyD for the powerful scripture and advice!

Thank you all for all the support here. I can't wait until work slows down to be able to keep up and be more active here.

Aww teel, Im sorry about the arthritis in your foot. Hope all goes well at the neighbor's today. I'll say a little prayer.

mkay...you sound like me with work. Don't work too hard!!

gheller...welcome! We'll be pulling for you. That was one of my motivations as well to do something--my children. These guys are fast fast fast and it's my goal to at least keep up.