3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   ♥ Christian Encouragers #200 ♥ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/56638-christian-encouragers-200-a.html)

cbaumgardner 04-26-2005 12:57 PM

Is any one up for giving me some advice ?

EZMONEY 04-26-2005 02:03 PM

SURE CHRISTY!.....always take a sweater, just in case.

Margie B. 04-26-2005 02:03 PM

Christy . . .

What's up CHRISTY? Is it about the water retention or something else? -Margie

mkay 04-26-2005 02:08 PM

Let it out Christy...

cbaumgardner 04-26-2005 02:22 PM

Ok here it goes... I go to my mothers at lunch (she lays guilt trip on me if I don't) I have told her I am trying to lose weight (which she has been on my back about) and have explained what I am doing and that I can NOT have flour, sugar or starches and I have even given her a list of what I can eat. She continues to sabbatoge me. Today I went and thought hum this is ok Brocolli and Cheese and a pork chop ......... after I had eaten she asked how did you like the cheese sauce. I made it like gravy with flour and then added cheese. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I did not say anything because she would have gotten her feelings hurt. I was ready to cry after finally getting 1 lb off. I have been so careful ...... I know she rolls all meat in flour etc, The old home cooking southern way. any way how can I tell her that she is doing this to me?

EZMONEY 04-26-2005 02:27 PM

Tuesday

HI LADIES :wave:

A few minutes here before I head to my daughter's tennis match.

Things going well here...starting a job in HollyWEIRED in the morning...we need to leave around 4:30 am and HOPE :lol: :lol: there won't be a lot of traffic! Either way, it will be late when I get back home for a week or so.

Not sure if I mentioned it last week, but my son called me when I was in Ojai watching his sister and said that he received a "personal" call to interview before a panel for history teachers. He was observed the week before and the lady told him to get his resume finished...she was going to call a few people and recommend him for possible positions, she said she usually doesn't do that. He may have a tough time getting a teaching job in our area...First, there are not a lot of social science classes at the high school to begin with, second, we live in a "desireable" area so competition is high for each position...the asst. principal at the school he is student teaching now, told him last week that he interviewed 12 people for one position that day and that 6 of them flew in from other states. Of course he knows he picked the toughest entry position...he has been told many times to teach math..he just doesn't want to...unless he has to. Don't blame him either. Prayers for his interview on friday please.

MARGIEB Amanda has a match today against Air Force, then next week she has her regionals, then next month the nationals in Alabamba...then she will be finished for her career! Our high school girls play in the fall, the boys are playing now with a couple more weeks left....college runs pretty much year round with practice and tournaments...at least here anyway...Amanda has always been at nationals when the year is over...always has to test out early. As long as you keep it fun...kids will come...good luck with the new team. My daughter's high school coach e-mailed her last week and asked her to coach his boys and girls JV teams next year if she can...we'll see, she would like to but it doesn't pay too much...I'm thinkin' that after 4 years of college she needs to go to WORK :lol: ;)

MICHELE Good news (?) with Eric, I hope....be careful.

MKAY Stop stressing!! Glad your week-end went well!

SUNNY WOW!!! Living here in southern California I have never seen any thing like that...WHEW!! Have fun digging out!...if it takes too long you will miss the entire spring!!

WILMA Sorry the movie wasn't good...I am a chick flick guy! I think Ashton is very talented...but in the right setting. Good job on the $$$ for shopping!

Well off to tennis

HI to ALL OF YOU!!!

EZMONEY 04-26-2005 02:30 PM

CHRISTY...As they say...IF IT'S NOT ONE THING, IT'S YOUR MOTHER!

TELL HER POINT BLANK..POLITELY...TO HER FACE WHAT YOU WILL AND WILL NOT TOLERATE...IF SHE DOESN'T LIKE IT...TOO BAD... YOU HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF YOU...SO THAT YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF YOUR FAMILY...IF SHE DOESN'T WANT TO UPLIFT YOU...WELL, SHE HAS TO GO...SORRY...BUT YOU JUST CAN'T SUGAR COAT IT.

PRAYERS, GARY

cbaumgardner 04-26-2005 02:44 PM

Thanks Gary! I know that she watches the news or parts of it and believes everything she hears. I have been told by Drs. to watch what I eat Diebetes runs in my family and I have been told I am hypoglosimic (SP?). I really want to take care of myself for a change.

Margie B. 04-26-2005 02:50 PM

Advice

Hey Christy, first of all, remember 'she's your mother'. Whatever you say to her, say gently and with love. :D I do think you could maybe 'remind' her but don't keep at it as it will probably make her resentful that somehow her cooking isn't 'good enough'.

You might want to offer to fix lunch, or help prepare it so you know what's in it. Going out might be another suggestion as you can order off the menu what's right for you. Hope you can keep a clear head and get this figured out. It's way-y-y-y too hard to lose to have someone, even unintentionally, :o sabotage your efforts. Good Luck :smug: -Margie

cbaumgardner 04-26-2005 02:58 PM

Thanks Margie I appreciate your help.

EZMONEY 04-26-2005 03:00 PM

aawww--Margie, you are a lot nicer than me!!

Good points Christy...maybe you can tell her the drs. have you on a special diet for the potential diabetes, you'd love to have lunch with her...but you will bring your own.

Margie is right, you don't want to lose someone...however, as much as my ex and I are buddies...she goes out of her way to "guilt trip" my daughter...my son just ignores her...my daughter can't...have held her through many a tear!

Now I really have to go...........

mnewton 04-26-2005 05:23 PM

Christy - Margie is right. You dont want to hurt your mothers feelings. You know it is a mother's heart to nurture her children and alot of times that comes through food. She loves you and I am sure is not intentionally trying to sabatoge your healthy eating efforts. So the suggestions that Margie has given you are really good. And you can also just let her know that you know her heart is not to keep you from losing weight and you love the special lunches with her, but that you cannot eat those kinds of things. So would she mind preparing some things differently and if she does then you would be happy to bring your own lunch because the food is not important, it is spending that quality time with her.

~Myisha

mnewton 04-26-2005 07:13 PM

Hello!!

Feeling much better today. I went home fed the kids and then got into the bed around 7:30pm. It was wonderful!! I must have really needed the sleep because I woke up feeling 100% better.

Donna - I cant believe all of the snow you got over there!! Oh my goodness, I have never seen so much snow!! Your poor trees!! Well I guess that just gives you and hubby a little more snuggle time!

Azulfire - yes, I am from Washington State. I live in Kent, WA and work in Seattle, WA. Kent is just between Renton and Federal Way. I also did the Prism diet about a year ago with a group in my church and I just wasnt able to give up all that stuff! So this way works better for me because I can still have what I want I just have to keep track and not go over my daily allowance of points. It has been going good so far, the real test will be when I weigh in on Sat.

mkay - I am feeling so much better. Yes, I had a cold and it was horrible. But I feel great now!

Well, I am getting off work so I gotta go!!

Myisha

davoswoman 04-26-2005 08:25 PM

Hi,
I'm Candy. I am doing WW at home and thinking about joining TOPS for meetings and weigh ins.
I am searching for a group to join on here and saw you all.

I had a gastric bypass in January 2001 and lost down to around 210 from 499. I am not struggling to stay under 230!! I really want to get down under 200. I have to watch what I eat and not snack all the time!!

Myisha, you and I are almost exactly the same on the ticker!!!

lateralus98 04-26-2005 08:49 PM

Welcome to the group, davoswoman! You'll find a great group of very supportive women here, from a variety of ages. Good luck with your weight loss journey, and we hope to see you around here often!! :D