3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   ♥ Christian Encouragers #200 ♥ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/56638-christian-encouragers-200-a.html)

sami 04-24-2005 09:02 PM

thank you Donna for posting Chayse's picture. There will be more soon. They put my Daughter in on Tuesday to induce and she had a really tough time. She ended up having a emergency c-section thursday at 12:42pm. She having a tough time right now I think from the truma she went through she very overwhelmed. She hasn't ate since monday or sleep and they gave her something for her stomach and she went into shock and they had to save her. She came home today and I met them at home sent her to bed and then made her eat a little when she got up. So she is starting to feel better. Please keep her in your prayers!

For all the new ones I am the mother of 6! Kelli my oldest just had my first grandchild. I am so proud. It was love at first sight! I suffer from a lot of diffrent health problems and have been dieting and working out to build myself up. I have lost about 37lbs. I am feeling so much better! I will try to post more now that the baby is born. And try to catch up and get to know the new people!

My prayers are with you.

mrsSmiley 04-24-2005 10:45 PM

[size]
Prayers PLEASE!!!

My uncle who lives in a nursing home fell early Friday morning and broke his LEFT femur. He isn't a candidate for surgery so they put him in traction only. He spent two days in the hospital and went back to the N/H last night. After they got him settled in bed he was in terrible pain, they are giving him morphine, so the nurse started reading his chart from the hospital to see if there was something else going on. Well, low and behold, he found that the hospital had his RIGHT leg in traction!!!!
NOT THE LEFT!!

:yikes: :faint:

As soon as the nurse, switched the traction over, he settled right down. Since last night he has started rattling, and now has pneumonia. They are having to keep him sedated with the morphine around the clock to keep him comfortable, and give him Tylenol suppositores for his high fever. He probably won't make it through the night.

His daughter is on her way from Wyoming and should get here in the early morning hours. They are driving right thru. (17 hours) His son is in Montana and can not come now. We have been with them all weekend and I'm worn out and have a very busy week this week again.

Richard is staying up there at the N/H tonight with my aunt (she's 76) and be with her, so she doesn't have to be alone.

Please pray for our family that God will watch over everyone traveling in and be with his immediate family at this time. And give us all strength to keep going.

Thanks for your prayers. I will check in later.
[/size]

Michelle1210 04-24-2005 10:56 PM

:)

Seeing red :mad: dont you just hate loosing your post before you get to post :dizzy:

Ezmoney I have lived here in the vancouver aera for the last 22 years watched it grow from a small town to this city now, my husband is a framer/contractor you would be in good comapany :D someday i hope for my dream house too :smug: but the lord is good and i have a nice home with an acre in town on the beautiful washougal river ;)

Laterlus sorry about your weekend, nothing like car :snail: problems to keep us humble huh? good to hear about your food choices ;)

my weekend, I went to a youth pastors/workers retreat........oh how i needed that :D I love working with teenagers....it was a high energy, passionate, campasionate.....now after that i can take on more teens woo hoo :smug: You get weary of giving and pouring yourself into these kids and then you get refreshed and remember why you do this work for the lord, it was a regrouping refocusing, refreshing time indeed ;) :dizzy:

[COLOR=Magenta] Tomarrow is my weigh-in day at WW I did walk friday 3.17 miles i did not get much walking in this weekend.....need to work in that aera of weight loss goals...... :dizzy:

[B]:flame: AzulFire:flame:

APhatGorditaInWPB 04-24-2005 11:00 PM

Helllllllllllooooooooo everyone!!!! I'm back and man was it a blast!! Ok thanks to all of you for your well wishes and prayers!! I'm exhausted but just had to drop in and say hey.
I'll catch up tomorrow and my prayers go out to all that have requested it. In CHRIST ALL is Possible.Keep the faith and I'll see ya tomorrow.
Zoegirl

APhatGorditaInWPB 04-24-2005 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsSmiley
[size]
Prayers PLEASE!!!

My uncle who lives in a nursing home fell early Friday morning and broke his LEFT femur. He isn't a candidate for surgery so they put him in traction only. He spent two days in the hospital and went back to the N/H last night. After they got him settled in bed he was in terrible pain, they are giving him morphine, so the nurse started reading his chart from the hospital to see if there was something else going on. Well, low and behold, he found that the hospital had his RIGHT leg in traction!!!!
NOT THE LEFT!!

:yikes: :faint:

As soon as the nurse, switched the traction over, he settled right down. Since last night he has started rattling, and now has pneumonia. They are having to keep him sedated with the morphine around the clock to keep him comfortable, and give him Tylenol suppositores for his high fever. He probably won't make it through the night.

His daughter is on her way from Wyoming and should get here in the early morning hours. They are driving right thru. (17 hours) His son is in Montana and can not come now. We have been with them all weekend and I'm worn out and have a very busy week this week again.

Richard is staying up there at the N/H tonight with my aunt (she's 76) and be with her, so she doesn't have to be alone.

Please pray for our family that God will watch over everyone traveling in and be with his immediate family at this time. And give us all strength to keep going.

Thanks for your prayers. I will check in later.
[/size]

Special prayer for you.................God is our Jehova Rapha, El Shaddai, Abba and the ultimate healer of all healers!!! Thank you Lord!! We ask that this family is lifted in theses times in your precious name ...Amen :)

Mitchypoo 04-24-2005 11:36 PM

Sherry, so sorry about your family. You will all be in my prayers.

wilma12 04-25-2005 09:05 AM

Good Morning!

It's a gloomy Monday morning here and the temp is around freezing. We thought we had summer on it's way but this reminder tells me it isn't so.

I had a great, super, wonderful weekend away with DH. We went to see a show, had a nice dinner, did a bit of shopping and just relaxed. We don't get to see each other as much as we would like and this was so nice.

We did come home to some sad news. Our youngest DS and his girl broke up on the weekend. They had been going together over a year and I think he thought she was THE ONE. Things had not been going so well over the past couple of months. I know this is for the best but he is hurting right now and feeling lost and lonely. Please pray for him.

Sami: CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have a beautiful grandson. He looks perfect. I'm so sorry your daughter went through so much. My prayers are will you all.

Azulfire: I know what you mean about working on the walking. I've been slipping in that area too. Let's get out there!!

Sherry: So sorry about what your uncle had to go through. That's awful. I am keeping all of you in my prayers.

lateralus: WTG on curbing eating the things you struggle with. When you gain that control you'll be able to have some in moderation. I still struggle with so many foods.

Sprout: PRAISE THE LORD!! That is awesome news. May you have many more cancer free years.

Gary: So glad your weekend went well even though you had one (rose) casualty. It amazes me that they can eat those with the spines on them.

Michele: I'm so sorry you've been disappointed again. Like I told my son last night - there is someone out there for you who will cherish you for who you are. Let God lead you to him. HE knows what's (and who's) best for you.

Sunny: Did you get that snow? I know Toronto did. We're really cold here but now snow yet and hopefully we won't get any.

Time to get off and get to work. Have a wonderful day!

lateralus98 04-25-2005 09:28 AM

My sister is being SUCH a brat! She is yelling and screaming in our apartment, refusing to go take a shower & go to school, and throwing food everywhere. I don't know what the **** her problem is, but I'm so fed up with it. I want her to go home, and I want her to go NOW!!!!!!!!!! She is driving me insane!

Mitchypoo 04-25-2005 09:42 AM

Good Monday Morning!

Prayers for all... I have a lighter week this week for work, so i plan to get to LAWL 3x for WI and to get some stuff done at home this week.

Not a word from Eric, but it's ok, i'd rather know now.

Sunny~Did you get snow? sounded like you would. Bummer, huh? It's raining here today and only going to be in the low 50's.

I forgot to have breakfast this a.m. :?: But i have some fruit with me, and i can have one of my snacks that counts as a starch.

teel 04-25-2005 10:26 AM

MrsSmiley I am so sorry to read your sad news of your poor uncle. I do pray that The Lord will send His healing touch right down to your uncle and find him at his point of need. I cannot believe how that stupid nurse tractioned the wrong leg! Poor poor man. Prayers for you and the family who have to go through this trauma.
Wilma, sorry to hear that DS and his girlfriend broke up over the weekend. Its a tough time to go through.
Lateralas Oh boy didn't you have a trauma filled weekend too! Thank God no-one was hurt and the tyre didn't blow whilst you were driving along...phew!!How long is your sister staying at your house for? Do you know what the problem is that she seems to be in such a bad mood? I hope things calm down very soon for you both.
Micthypoo I hope your day at work went ok...still no news from Mr E. then??Men!!! Who needs them!! (Except Gary, of course!!)
Hello to Sunny...hope you are well and look forward to seeing you back on the site very soon!!
And of course hellos and God Bless to everyone else on this thread...take care all.

EZMONEY 04-25-2005 10:36 AM

Monday Morning

HI GALS :wave:

A quick catch-up before I go into work...a late appt. this morning. Went to my neices CONNECTIONS show last night. It is a 2 hour dance/concert praising and witnessing for our Lord, her aunt on her mom's side has put the show on for years...very nice.

SPROUT Way to go Marilyn on the cancer news!! I feel so sorry for you having to "wait" for the news...this time it was so worth it!! Your daughter's accomplishments are amazing!! Great job on the parenting. Keep up walking when you can...the great thing about walking is you can start at any time!!

RACHEL hummm...so the guy was putting air in his tires and they didn't look like they needed it...hummm....did you know that just a few pounds under correct pressure will cause you to lose gas milage?...hummm. If Juan doesn't eat all those flamin' hot cheetos I'll send you a bag!!

TEEL So you have some :sunny: ...GREAT!! WE do have gates to keep those puppies from the roses...the boys just "forgot!" :lol: You seem to have up-lifted your spirits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work...

SHERRY PRAYERS FOR YOUR FAMILY!! I am so sorry for what happened to your uncle. Thank God your family is there to help. Prayers for your entire family and their health.

AZULFIRE Super job with the youth group. Sounds like you have a very nice home in a great area. Our home in Kennewick will be nice...however, I wouldn't call it a dream home...just a nice one....how "dreamy" could it be in the Tri-Cities huh :lol:

ZOE Glad you made it home safe and sound!

SAMI I am so sorry your daughter had a rough time! Prayers for your family. Will wait for "GOOD" news and more pictures ;)

MICHELE Sorry for the non-news with Eric...at least the VIKINGS had a great draft this week-end...the sports reporters are saying anyway. Hang in there.

WILMA Way to keep DH happy! Shopping!! When Angie goes shopping I am ALWAYS HAPPY :lol: So sorry to hear about the young son and the break-up...we go through that around here with my step-daughter often...although she goes through them so fast they never get "near" the "could be the one" guy. Amanda has been with her guy for almost 5 years now and, except for a few of those "taken for granted" issues..so far so good. My son likes to date girls "he doesn't want to marry"...he has had a few sad break-ups over the years though. Prayers for your boy.

Well I think I caught up...off to work.

Have a great MONDAY gals. Gary

EZMONEY 04-25-2005 10:38 AM

Thanks for the compliment TEEL!!...now if you could just convince Angie...l.o.l....

doitforme 04-25-2005 12:27 PM

Whew! I'm back!

I just finished catching up on a week and a halfs worth of posts, its been busy! I was on a mission's trip to S. Jersey with 13 teens and 6 adults. we had an awesome time . I fill ya in with pics but not today, just going to catch up then will be time for work.

Sprout- AWESOME NEWS! Cancer free! PTL
E.Z. - Wonderful pics of the wedding! Thanks for missing me! Alkways nice to be missed.Poor angie one of her roses, they are so nice, glad she was able to replace it.
Lateralus- Welcome! Awesome job passing your test many days ago. Glad to hear no one hurt tire explosion. We had to have one on the church van replaced well on trip as was coming apart, but caught before anything serious happened. Awesome job on wt. loss
Wilma- sorry to hear about son, pray all is well with job, and that lunch solved problem with co-worker.
Zoe- Welcome! Say thank you to son for serving, so happy he made it home safely
Mitchy- prayers that all good things come to you!
Andrea- Congrats on engagement!
MargieB- Congrats on 5 ib loss, great job.
Mnewton- Sounds like you had an awesome time relaxing for weekend, great news on channon
Smiley- glad knee is feeling better, prayers for family and uncle.
Jackay- congrats down 19 lbs.
Grandmawants to lose/ Gina/ Christy- welcome! look forward to getting to know you.
Teel- Prayers your feeling better less pain, sound more positive,
Azulfire- Welcome! Working with teens can be very refreshing!
Mom of 10 Good job balanceing portion control down 4 lbs awesome.
Sami- beautiful baby boy! prayers mom is soon feeling good.
Welcome and God bless to anyone I missed. I have one staff at work, and a client home sick all week so gotta run, to work and get things scheduled in for double tom, and probably days on wed. hope to post thurs. with news of trip and pics. God's blessing to all!

lateralus98 04-25-2005 02:01 PM

Hey everyone...checkin' in again....where are you guys?? ;)

Margie B. 04-25-2005 02:32 PM

Just a short hello. . .

It is really quiet here on the weekends sometimes, isn't it? Saturday was kinda busy, DD ballet class, walked the park and cleaned house, yippee, typical Saturday kinda stuff. Was colder than normal however and YES we DID get some rain, finally! Stayed cooler on Sunday with some snow flurries and we didn't even get out of the house. Built a fire, cleaned a little, walked on the Gazelle a while, read, etc. Just a nice, laid back day that we haven't had in a long time. Can't stay on long but will add a few lines, - more later. . .

lateralus - WOW the deer thing and then the tire incident. . . scary! :?: Glad to hear you're still going to CURVES and enjoying it. Keep it up.

mnewton/Myisha - beautiful name. So glad to get the good news on Channon, PTL, prayers for continued progress. :) Good luck with your Weight Watchers journey, been there before, so this won't be anything new to you. Sometimes we just have a stop and decide to make that commitment and quit putting it off.

Momof10/Lynn - I'm also a calorie counter, that's the only way I can do it. I've counted calories for so long I don't know that I could transition into anything else. Don't feel guilty about your Mocha Blast either, you deserve it once in a while, - in moderation of course. Great news on your continued walking, 1.5 miles is great, and the loss of 4#! :D YEAH! :D How was your weekend meeting with your son and future DIL? Hope you didn't succumb to the social eating habits? Even so, today's a new day and you can pick yourself up and keep going.

Sunnyd - Where you are? :p Did you get your walk in this am? Hope hubby is feeling better and back to work. Sinus infections are nasty. Did you get all the snow, I know Cleveland area had like 12" or so? We got flurries, that was all. I did walk over the weekend a little, and today at lunch, :cool: so now I'm at 40.95 miles, - seems like a long way from 50, since the end of the month is Saturday, - still going to try to do it though, are you?

All for now, got to get DD from school. Hope everyone has a great evening.
-Margie