3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   ♥ Christian Encouragers #195 ♥ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/52582-christian-encouragers-195-a.html)

Mitchypoo 02-14-2005 10:06 AM

Happy Valentine's Day!! Enjoy your hunnies! My prayer last night at Alpha was that everyone had a love today, or could feel Christ's love...Brought some candy for the girls here at work.

Need prayers for Scheryl (coworker), her nephew who was in the service and in Germany, died over the weekend. He had whooping cough and then had a brain aneurysm, he was only 22. Quite an exceptional young man. Her DH is his Godfather, the family is having a hard time. His name is Jacob Pfingsten.

doitforme 02-14-2005 10:50 AM

Happy Valentine's Day!

That means Feb. is almost half over, and spring will soon be here, yeah!!
MITCHY- SO SAD TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR CO-WORKERS NEPHEW SUCH A YOUNG AGE. WILL KEEP FAMILY IN PRAYER . THAT WAS SUCH A NICE GESTURE BUYING CO-WORKERS CHOCALATE. I AM SURE THEY WILL ENJOY IT.E.Z. I BET THE CHILI WAS GOOD, I HAVE NEVER HAD THAT KIND ALWAYS HAVE THE STANDARD HAMBURGER ONIONS, PEPERS, KIDNEY BEANS, AND SPICES, YOURS SOUNDS BETTER. OH AND OF COURSE CHEDDER CHEESE ON TOP. YOUR PASTOR AND MINE MUST HAVE GOT TOGETHER JUST ABOUT SAME SERMON ON TEMPTATION, HE HAS BEEN DISCUSSING THE SERMON ON THE MOUNT AND HOW IF SOMETHING CAUSES US TO SIN WE SHOULD PLUCK IT OUT OR CUT IT OFF, AND THAT WE SHOULD EQUATE THAT TO EVERYDAY LIFE. IF FOR EXAMPLE WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WHAT WE ACCESS ON THE INTERNET WE SHOULD GET RID OF IT ECT. FUNNY THAT THEY WERE ON THE SAME SUBJECT. SOUNDS EXCITING MOVING TO WASHINGTON, HOW BIG IS THE NEW HOUSE? THAT WILL BE FUN TO DECORATE, WITH THE PICTURES YOU HAVE POSTED INT HE PAST ANGIE WILL DO A NICE JOB.

SunnyD57 02-14-2005 10:51 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Roseshead2.gif

John 13:34-35
"A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; even as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

Love,

SunnyD
<><
*~*~*~*~*~*~*

doitforme 02-14-2005 11:05 AM

Me Again!

M-KAY- THE CAYMAN'S WERE GREAT BUT THEN I PREFER WESTERN CARRIBEAN OVER EASTERN ANYWAY. SO GLAD TO HEAR HUBBY FEELING BETTER, AND YOUR GETTING A CHANCE TO GO OUT AND RELAX FOR AN EVENING. HAVE AN A GREAT TIME SOAKING UP THE SUN IN FLORIDA, TRY TO SEND SOME NORTH WHILE YOUR THERE.SPROUT- THE NEW PUPPY SOUNDS SO ADORABLE, YOU COULD HOLD IT IN YOUR HAND. GOOD LUCK WITH PUPPY TRAINING AND WITH YOUR WEIGH IN!
I went to a party Sat. night with the group I went to Hawaii with, it was neat we looked at each others picture and got to share duplicates, but i ate too many snacks and will probably pay for when i weigh in later today. I have been really good, so we shall see. Gotta go to work at 2pm and we are suppose to get an ice storm this afternoon, so hopefully roads will stay o.k. to get home tonight. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! :chockiss: :lucky: FOR ALL!

doitforme 02-14-2005 11:08 AM

Hi Sunny! Have a happy V-day ! We were posting at same time! Love the verse and so true, if people followed it, what a better place this world would be. See ya!

sprout 02-14-2005 05:50 PM

Devotional for Dieters for February 14, 2005

February 14

Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Perhaps the worst part of dieting is the guilt that accompanies the desire to break from the diet at any possible moment. For some, dieting becomes a challenge to see how sneaky a person can become, but inevitably guilt creeps in and spoils everything. Dieting requires a good spirit and a hopeful outlook. We cannot expect to maintain a good state of mind when we continually condemn ourselves for our failures. We need to resolve to try harder and then forget our failings. When we can forgive and forget, we stand a much better chance of a successful diet.
Today's thought: Valentine's candy adds to the flesh; the Word of God is less fattening!

sprout 02-14-2005 08:24 PM

Test

Am trying to put up a picture of our pup - hope this works - if not will have to try again

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...dFeb122005.jpg

sprout 02-14-2005 08:25 PM

It worked

I was able to get a picture - just click onto the link and you will see our new pup - 8 weeks old - very tiny - name is Koko

wilma12 02-14-2005 09:37 PM

Good Evening!

I had a nice message typed up this morning and when I went to send it my computer froze up and I lost it. So, here I am again.

I had my doctor's appointment today. She is concerned about my BP and says I also have too high cholestrol. It's come a way down in the past few years but is still too high. She gave me the choice to try to improve it by diet and exercise or take medication. I have decided to try the diet and exercise. I go back in 2 months to have it checked again. Please pray for me as I am a bit discouraged about this. I feel I eat properly but obviously something isn't right or I would have lost the weight I needed to by now. I might try to see a dietitian for some advice.

Sprout: Your pup is adorable. Almost makes me want one!

doitforme: I hope you've made it home safely. I know the icy road conditions really well. Take care!

Michele: Prayers for your co-worker. That is so tragic.

Mkay: Have a wonderful trip!

Gary: Picking colors!! What fun!! Any idea what style you'll be decorating?

SunnyD: Thanks for the verse. It's something we should be using as a goal in our lives.

We're meeting with potential caterers tomorrow evening and I get home later than usual so I better get going and do some tidying up.

Good Night!

doitforme 02-15-2005 09:34 AM

Hi Ya!

Wilma- A dietician may be just the answer. I have a friend who is a diabetic and was going to have to change from pills to shots so he went to see one. She set him up with a new plan which lets him eat more than he was, and he now is loosing weight because it breaks the carbs across the day and pairs up different foods. It now looks like he won't have to go on insulin. It certainly is worth a shot. Will keep you in my prayers.
Sprout what an adorable puppy he is cute. I appreciate so much your devotion. It really hit home this morning as I have really been good not cheating except for Sat. and then I didn't think I was that bad, but when I weighed yesterday I didn't loose anything. That is so depressing when I tried so hard. But then I saw your devotion and thought you know don't be silly. Because then you'll want to quit. It could be water retention, or something else. My jeans feel looser and I feel better walking every morning so that is a plus. Thanks for the boost. God Bless !

Mitchypoo 02-15-2005 09:58 AM

Yeah, Marilyn~You did it! What an absolutely beautiful pup! I want one...

Sue~so happy you are back and posting w/us.

Wilma~prayers coming your way for healing. About that BP, are you able to see a dietician, it might be a good idea. And i'm sure you know this, but sodium is hidden in a lot of things, perhaps you could look at everything you eat and just jot down how much sodium you are getting a day.

I went for WI last night even though i had a bad weekend and was off plan, etc. But I knew i had to get in there, be accountable and i really needed some counsel. Well, they are so good there. I was NOT up...i was exactly the same and i was so surprised, but she explained to me that it's very normal for my body to react that way, especially while you are losing. We had a long talk about it and i'm not going to be so hard on myself. I also bought a book last night called Thin for Life that i had heard a lot about. It has individual stories of people who have lost and have kept it off. These successful losers all have common threads in how they live their lives, and how things have changed for them. I'm finding it inspiring already.

Sunny....where are you sweets? I need my fix of Sunny/Donna.... ;)

I hope you all had a loving Valentine's Day, I'd love to hear all your sweet stories. I got a Valentine from Rick in ND, he sent me a card and a gift of stationary. It was sweet. But no call...:?: I gave John at Alpha a card, which i'm sure i scared him off, but whatever.

SunnyD57 02-15-2005 10:04 AM

Stop Here...

STOP!

NEW THREAD
*CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS #196*

CLICK on LINK below ~>
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...591#post778591

SEE YOU ALL THERE! :smug:

:sunny:
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

marny 02-16-2005 04:26 PM

fat is the enemy

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprout
February 11

Romans 12:21
Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Fat is the enemy. We have declared war, and it takes every ounce of strength we have to wage the battle. Yet, it is a battle well worth fighting. We sometimes need to look at fat as an enemy. We need to think of it as evil, in order to stay serious about battling it. If we allow ourselves to believe that it is anything less than evil, we stand in danger of learning to live with it. That can never be. It is an effrontery to the Christian life to allow evil to overcome that which is good. Rather, let us always strive to overcome what is evil with what is good.
Today's thought: I will not rest until the enemy has been eradicated!

I've been trying to grapple with my weight my whole life it seems. It has been a struggle even when I've been able to set the rest of my life in order and on God's path. I have recently been investigating the sin of gluttony. I never thought about it much before, and I wasn't even really sure what it was. I never hear about it in church, and no one talks about it. So, I did a search on the web. I found a lot of information. Much of it was from sermons at churches that I guess are brave enough to talk about it.

Gluttony is the act of overdoing something to the point that you look to it for comfort and needs fullfilled rather than God. It could refer to food or cars or clothes or whatever. But, the food image makes a lot of sense in my life. I do turn to food to make me feel better when I should be turning to God. I do over eat to the point of not being healthy. I've cared more about eating than taking care of this body that was given to me to care for and house the Holy Spirit. I have not been thankful to God for the food that He provides--I haven't given thanks for it, nor have I even thought about the idea that I'm fortunate to have it. I just take it for granted and shovel it in.

Right here in my own body, I've allowed Satan to have control. No more. I now pray for forgiveness for this sin, and the help, strength, and motivation to change it. I feel empowered by this. I feel like I now know why it has been so hard to defeat my fat...I didn't have a clear view of the enemy.

This is new to me. It was a shock to realize that I was sinning in this way and didn't even know it. Usually, I know when I'm turning my back on God.

I would appreciate your prayers for me. Even with God's help, it's hard to change a lifelong habit.

Thanks,
Marny

doitforme 02-16-2005 05:03 PM

Marny-

Please join us on christian encouragers #196 I copied your post there so everyone could see it. see ya there. Sue