Old 03-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #16  
Seeking Motivation

S/C/G: 280/277/145

Height: 5'5"

I kinda got left behind in February. Now that I know a new thread starts each month I should be able to keep up with you all!

How is everyone doing anyway? It sounds like snow and healing taking place. Spring is a little delayed here in NC. It's encouraging to see all the gardening stuff filling the shelves in stores! I'm still keeping healthy choices at the top of my daily list of things to do...woot woot!

I had a busy weekend! We rescued a Cockatiel and we have been working to get him acclimated to his new healthy and safe environment. Our other Cockatiel is also getting used to having company. His name is Herbie and he keeps surprising us with what he can do. He makes an awesome wolf whistle and has shared a fun vocabulary. He says: "Hey Herbie" "Hey there Herbie" and "Pretty Bird"! We tracked down information from his leg banding and he is almost 10 years old.

Time to go play my Wii! Thinking of you all!
Lisarsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:13 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Good morning everyone! Getting more snow today, hopefully this will be the last of it I'm baking 4 dozen cupcakes for an upcoming church auction today. I will not sample any! I can do this!

Lisa, glad to see you here...stay focused!
Renee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Had difficulty getting on this thread yesterday. And when I did my post would not post. Will try again today.

DH post-op appt went great. They did xrays and everything is looking good. The problem swallowing is because there is still some swelling there, but it should go away when the swelling is gone. If it becomes a nuisance they can give him steroids to help, but at this time DH and doc decided to wait. They removed the stitches and he can leave it uncovered. Eventually the strip stitches will fall off as he doesn't have to avoid getting them wet any more. They were very pleased at how well DH is progressing... we all know that with his blood thinner issues that God has done a miracle in Tony's behalf. We do give God all the Praise and Glory and Thanks. Sure is nice to have my running buddy with me again. We've gone out a few times and once was his idea and we didn't have any appts. He just wanted to get out. Thank You Jesus.

Another answer to our prayers is my son is able to work while wearing the boot on his foot. So we praise God for that since he doesn't get paid if he isn't on the road. God is good.

Thanks again for all the prayers and prayers continue for all.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #19  
Walking Off The Pounds

Hi Ladies, wondering if anybody has an update on Gary?
Margie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #20  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI MARGIE ~ all we know is that he came through his surgery well (PRAIZE GOD), but he did catch an intestinal bug in the hospital (this can happen). We are sending up prayers that the antibiotic meds work for him; and for a speedy & complete healing for GARY, so he can go home ...

TRISH ~ such great news there for your DH, Toni; and for your son too -- PRAIZE GOD, INDEEDY !!!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-06-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:42 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Another quick Praise Report. My son called tonight and told me that the spots on his son-in-laws lungs was not cancer. It was a viral infection. We praise God that it was not anything more serious than that. Thanks again friends for your prayers.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:20 AM   #22  

That's wonderful news, Trish. Continued prayers for everyone. Hope you all have a blessed day!
Old 03-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #23  
Rosebud

TRISH ~ Yes, that's some more great news; so happy to hear that, and praying that the infection in his lungs heals up soon too ...

MARGIE ~ Angie (GARY's wife) put an update in the Prayer Warrior's thread today -- he is out of the hospital, but in a special care facility until the intestinal bug is gone and he has gained some weight back. Like she said, "one day at a time" is how it goes in this type of situation. I was fortunate to be staying here at my sister's B & B to recupe, as I was still very sick from a nasty bug I caught while in the hospital too. I was also weak and had trouble walking at first, as my breathing capacity was down. It took some time to build up my strength and stamina again; and the same will be for GARY too, I'm sure.

Often we are sent home after only 5-7 days, but we still need a long time to recover our health. Like GARY at first, I could only drink water/ice chips; then only liquids; then softer creamy foods, before I could eat regular food. Thanks to the LORD, I progressed quite well with a week in there where I had trouble keeping food down from that terrible flu.

Now I have gained some weight back and need to watch it, as it's coming back on faster than I ever imagined it would. I look much healthier now; my face is not so gaunt-looking and I appear more plump for sure. So now it's time to reign in the munchies and behave myself ...

THANKS, RENEE ~ GOD BLESS YOU TOO; you are a wonderful encourager for us all here ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-09-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #24  

Rosebud, I am so happy that you are on the road to recovery Yes, watch those snacks. They sure can sneak up on you real quick. Seems like everyone is doing much better. Praise the lord!!!!!
Old 03-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #25  
Rosebud

THANKS RENEE, back on track today -- so far, so good! Really want to make a big effort this week to eat healthier snacks (and fewer as well). We found a Catholic service for DH locally; and he & I went there yesterday am. He did very well while there; and it was an enjoyable service all around "The 23rd Psalm" including songs from a Catholic Hymnal which I have never seen before. Our church back home has a choir but I have never seen the people asked to participate in any songs. I often wondered why that is; so will look into that sometime.

Hope everyone has a superbly Serene Sunday today: just rest & relax; and thank GOD for all the many blessings HE has sent our way on this day!

PS ~ did everyone remember to put their clocks forward last night?

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-10-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:52 AM   #26  

Rosebud, glad you found a service to attend and everything went well. Prayers continued for you and your DH. Stay focused on your health...you can do it!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

It is so nice to see everyone doing better , I love answered prayers going the way we want them to go. i been busy with taxes , replanting plants in larger pots till ready to put out. Tomorrow we turn in our taxes to our CPA hope it goes right.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:27 AM   #28  

Hi Bootsie....too cold here yet to do any planting. I guess I should think about getting my tax stuff together Yes, the power of prayer is awesome!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #29  
Walking Off The Pounds

ROSEBUD Thanks for the update on Gary and good to see you still on here. I'm visiting Southern California now (from Ohio) so I couldn't help but think of Gary. Will continue to keep him, as well as all here, in my thoughts and prayers.

We're lovin' California, first trip here. DD is now up and moving around so I guess I need to sign off, headed to Venice Beach this am
Margie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:25 AM   #30  

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone is well...Have a blessed day!