3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers ~ October (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/267329-christian-encouragers-%7E-october.html)

Justwant2Bhealthy 10-31-2012 07:53 PM

HI RONNIE ~ nice to hear from you. Glad your DH is still working and there was no strike. I'm sure you are happy that you found a way around your allergies. I had to cut my dairy way back, and I do limit my wheat products a bit too, but I don't have your issues with wheat. I have to have enuff carbs to balance my sugars, but I am doing well with that. That church event sounds like a lot of fun for everyone.

WILMA ~ thanks! I used to have that evening problem too. Now I come on here, go for a walk, and found a few snacks that didn't cause binging that have helped me with that. I also make sure to have a filling dinner and that has helped too. My go to snacks for the evening these days are apples, chz, a drink, and/or fiber cereal.

LAURA ~ congrats on meeting and exceeding your October goals. I am also amazed at how much you do each day as well! We wait with baited breath for the results ... ;)

PSYCHNURSE ~ it sounds like you have reasonable goals. Wish you much success with them.

:wave: HI BARGOO, GARY, and any other MIA's that may be lurking, like our friend BOOTSIE ... hope you are having a great day.

We had more :rain: today -- almost all day long. We have big puddles in front of our house. It didn't stop some of the kiddies from going out though. I have been hybernating indoors. We are hoping this weather holds out for the next two days as we have two out-of-town trips: one for glasses for both of us tomorrow, and one for my CT Scan on Friday.

I did some winter clothes sorting today for about 2-3 hours at least. It was nice to fit into about 5 pairs of pants that were just a tad tight before. Two I can wear now, and three just need the hems taken up. A lot of my tops are getting very long on me though, but that's OK. I didn't realize trying on clothes was so exerting until today -- phew!

Food was good today and all this week really. I was on my feet a lot so got lots of exercise walking back and forth, back & forth. Did some laundry too; so nice to have the dryer to use now as well. :D

Chubbygirl253 10-31-2012 11:26 PM

well my measurements results were underwhelming. I basically broke even. Lost in some places but my bust grew 2 inches and each thigh grew an inch. Huh? Mom says its because of all the fitness classes I'm taking. But if I'm replacing fat with muscle it should be taking up less space. oh well, no one ever promised this would be a quick process. We might just double-check the results since usually mom measures me in my unders but tonight we were doing it fully clothed in her living room between rounds of trick-or-treaters so there *could've* been some inaccuracy but I won't hold my breath.

I took Aiden trick-or-treating and he made out like a bandit all day. He was a cute little doctor with scrubs, labcoat, and stethoscope. Took him to the nursing home my sister works at and those old folks sure loved him to pieces! He was a real hit.

I've set my goals for Nov. To burn 70,000 calories, to do 85 hours of cardio, and to do 258 miles (random # i know. its the # of miles to my hunny's house twice. gonna make a couple virtual visits) also, I wanna take 40 fitness classes this month as well as participate in a new weightloss challenge at the Y. So Nov will be a full month!

Chubbygirl253 10-31-2012 11:51 PM

oh ya- I got side-tracked and finished my post before I was finished.

Wilma- I'll pray for your food issues and snacking. it is tough. sometimes exercise curbs my appetite. sometimes it makes me ravenous and I wanna eat the furniture.

Ronnie- your church's King's Kids night sounds great. Our church calls it the Hallelujah Party instead of Halloween Party. No haunted house, only non-scary costumes, biblical games and activities, pumpkin desserts. This year the kids that came to my door were all so sweet and had nice manners.

psychnurse-I have so many fave Christian bands (contemporary christian music) Tenth Avenue North, Mercy Me, Casting Crowns, Toby Mac, Michael W Smith, Francesca Batastelli, and more.
Songs I love: Redeemed by Big Daddy Weave, Come to Me by Jamie Grace, 10,000 reasons by Matt Redman, My hope is in you by Aaron Shust, Sparrow by Audrey Assad, Something Beautiful by Needtobreathe, and Learning to be the Light by newworldson. (and so many more I can't name them all!)

Decorlover 11-01-2012 12:42 AM

Thank you, girls, for the warm welcome! I am so impressed with everyone! Laura, you are amazing! I have never known anyone to exercise that much, wow, you put the rest of us to shame, lol. Hopefully your dedication will inspire me to work out more. I spent most of my day sitting at the computer, reading on this site and a few others. I started out the day well, but ended up making dessert for my bible study group and then over-ate. Tomorrow is a new day and I will try to remember I need to turn to Jesus instead of food when I am bored or whatever. Blessings to you all! I will include you guys in my prayers tonight!

Decorlover 11-01-2012 03:21 PM

First day of November, the month of Thanksgiving! Today I am thankful for my grandson, Ezra, who was born 4 years ago, today!

I am posting lots in order to get a timeline, so I hope I don't drive you all crazy, lol. Have a great day!

Laura, I want to know how you exercise so much in a day! Do you do it all at once or break it up into segments? I am thinking I should try to increase what I do, which is only the elliptical and a few weights every other day!

psychnurse05 11-01-2012 03:28 PM

Thanks everyone I love the encouragement and prayers!

WILMA- I too have problems in the afternoon. I work nights so I eat part of my points in the night then sleep from 8-12 then pick up my kids and want to graze all afternoon. UG... I need a good bible study workbook to keep me busy.( Any recommendations?)
I hope you all are doing well. I have my WW starter kit coming in the mail tomorrow, so I will officially begin Monday. I want to read up before I jump in and have no idea what I am doing.

Prayers to all!!

Justwant2Bhealthy 11-01-2012 07:50 PM

PSYCHNURSE ~ gee, you don't get much sleep each day. Mine is fitful these days too, as I often wake up when I hear DH moving around in the night, or the back door opening and closing. I hope I am getting 4-6 hours over all, but not sure about that either.

DECORLOVER ~ post away; there is no limit on posting and you won't bother us at all ... ;)

LAURIE ~ it is very possible to build some muscle mass in your chest and thighs during the first year at a gym. Don't worry about that -- it is actually a bonus becuz muscle uses up more calories each day. Go ahead and do a re-measure, but overall you will lose inches everywhere in the long run, even in places like your forearms, neck, back, ankles, and wrists. :)

We had a good trip out of town to get our glasses today. The weather was raining wet snow on the way, but the roads were OK. It was even better on the way home: good visability & clear roads. We have to go back in 2-3 weeks to pick them up when they are ready. I have some funky new glasses for sure -- I kept laughing & laughing as I was trying them on as they sure make me look different.

Early tomorrow AM, we head to the city for my CT Scan for my abdomen. Praying we have good weather and clear roads for that trip. I think we may becuz the street out front is half bare now, but then it will depend on how much of the white ***** stuff falls overnight too.

Of course, our yard is a Wonderful Winter Wonderland out there. We seem to have more snow than the neighbours do -- I wonder why? It sure looks pretty though. My SIL said that our front bushes look like they have big cotton balls hanging on them, and they do too.

So, had a good day; food was very good. Not a lot of exercise -- just my toning and a little walking, so will try to do something else to make up for that -- how about dancing? Oh ya, and will do my weights too! Will have lots of walking in tomorrow, so that will likely help some.

Have fantastic Friday everyone ... :D

ronni62 11-01-2012 09:01 PM

Rosebud-You'll definitely be in my prayers for your CT tomorrow. Good news about your step-mom!

Laura-we share very similar music taste! Got to see Tenth Avenue North in concert a few months ago and they were great!

Our church's event was great last night! So, today I've been taking it easy. I don't do well if I have too many busy days in a row and I think I have to go to town tomorrow, so I decided to rest today.

Everyone have a great evening!

Justwant2Bhealthy 11-03-2012 08:13 PM

THANKS, RONNIE ~ ^prayers^ continue for you and yours too ... :hug:

We had a good day today; food was good too (we had fish tonight). There was no sun like they predicted but the snow on the roads did melt a bit, and we still have some in the yard. I kept busy doing stuff indoors today: finished sorting clothes and packing them away. Threw some old stuff out too. Did laundry and other small household chores to catch up as well. Just tried to keep busy and get some indoor exercise while doing it. ;)

Hope you all have a good night and a wonderful weekend ... :D

Misti in Seattle 11-03-2012 10:47 PM

Hi everyone

Apparently this October thread is still active (don't see a November one) so will go ahead and post here. I get so busy in the forum that I don't come to this thread often but definitely need to be in here!

Everyone have a great Sunday tomorrow.

Justwant2Bhealthy 11-03-2012 11:07 PM

MISTI ~ thanks for reminding me -- I'll go and start a new NOVEMBER Thread right now. See you all there ... ;)