3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers ~ October (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/267329-christian-encouragers-%7E-october.html)

Chubbygirl253 10-18-2012 01:32 AM

hi y'all. I feel good today. I had a nice workout. Kept it a bit shorter since I'm still recovering from yesterday- tues is my toughest workout of the week. Today I did 3.75 hours and my body is happy with that. Burned 2768calories. Food was fine.

Welcome, Cyndi! I'm not a mommy but I have a 2 yr old nephew and my sis and I share a house so I live with the little guy. And I do my share of babysitting him. (also, I'm calorie counting. I believe you asked what plan we're all on. I use myfitnesspal.com and I have the same user name on there if you are on there and wanna add me CHUBBYGIRL253. It's a great tool.)

:barbell:Today was my graduation from the 12-week strength training program. I got an awesome report card, I just have to share with you guys! My strength has improved in the following areas:
CHEST by 85.7%
ARMS by 80.6%
LEGS by 70.6%
SHOULDERS by 97%
BACK by 25.4%
# OF CRUNCHES I CAN DO by 150%

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pattygirl63 10-18-2012 09:47 AM

:welcome3:Cyndi. I am counting calories and kind of staying low carb at the same time. I am using MyPlat on LivingStrong.com to keep up with it.

Rosebud - Prayers continue for you and your DH.

Chubbygirl - You are doing well.

DH son and grandson left this morning. Things back to as normal as can be with so many of us living here. I decided yesterday to go back to using LivingStrong.com to count calories. I can also keep up with how many carbs I'm eating at the same time and track weight better. I haven't been able to exercise since I hurt my knee back in the summer when I was going to the YMCA using the machines. I plan to start using my recumbent bike again Monday and just do a few minutes a day and build up slowly "as" my knee lets me do. It is supposed to be good for the knee so hopefully I will be able to get back to exercise.

Blessings to all of you.

NewCyndi 10-18-2012 12:10 PM

Thank you for the nice welcomes.

Today has started off really well. If I have any weak or frantic moments I promised myself I would pray and do nothing until I hear the Lord speak. Sometimes life with a 2 yr old and an infant can be overwhelming. It often leads me to eat when I know I should pray instead.

auntnelly 10-18-2012 03:35 PM

Haven't been around much, not posting but "here"

Great results on the strength !! Always encouraging when things are moving in a good direction.

Here we are oK, been really busy with little time for computer stuff.

I DO feel much much better on my new diet. I have had some bumps, but I am loosing INCHES and a bit of weight, only around 6 lbs, but the inches are the amazing thing right now.

I am doing the Metabolism Miracle diet. Something that has helped when Calories in minus calories out never worked and now I know why.

I know this is the wrong thread, but my DH is having some minor health issue right now and he and I could use some prayer. Tuesday he will see a urologist and waiting to understand how "big" the problem is has me near tears....it could be nothing, or not.

Justwant2Bhealthy 10-18-2012 08:25 PM

NELLY ~ sending up ^Prayers^ for your DH that his health issue is nothing serious, and that the doctors can solve it for him quickly too. :hug:

Cyndi ~ yes, you have your hands full with a newborn and toddler at the same time; sending up ^prayers^ for guidance and strength for you so that you won't stress eat. Do you take the kiddies out for a walk each day? Have you any videos/dvds with yoga, dance, or exercise programs that you could do with the kiddies watching and/or playing nearby? Your toddler may even want to join in ... ;)

LAURA ~ Wowie -- you had wonderful results from your strength training program!!! :D I used to belong to a gym many moons ago and enjoyed it a lot. I am watching your progress with great interest, and may look into that soon too. I was waiting until I got down to a certain weight to start it, becuz I am also trying to let my knees heal a bit more first too.

TRISH ~ thanks for your prayers. Sending up some ^prayers^ for you that your knee heals up for you again -- I know all about that!

We had a beautiful warm, :sunny: day today -- one of those "Indian Summer Days" with at least 65 F temps. I went for my walks both yesterday and today and pushed just a bit further today, and did fine. Eating is going well this week as well -- Praize GOD for that!!! :cheer2:

EDIT2ADD ~ oh, my DAD just called while I was typing with an update on their tests. PRAIZE GOD, the polyps were clean of C-cells but they will have to do another exploratory in January/2013. Plus my step-mother, GRACE, has a couple more small tumors on her bladder, so she will have surgery to remove them on November 1st (hemorrhaging is an issue with this procedure). I will put this in the PRAYER WARRIORS THREAD and the CURRENT LIST too, as she will need prayers for that too. Thanks everyone!!!

Chubbygirl253 10-19-2012 01:37 AM

rosebud, keeping your family in prayer with their health concerns.
cyndi, prayers to keep your stress and emotional eating at bay.
auntnelly, this is the perfect place for a prayer request! praying for hubby
thanks patty!

Today I had a very hard workout. 4 hours and 20 mins and I burned 4070 calories. Feels awesome. I'm doing things I never thought I could do! Very proud. And love the results.

bargoo 10-19-2012 08:14 AM

Laura, I admire your determination. You have every right to be proud !

NewCyndi 10-19-2012 09:21 AM

A big thanks to those of you who prayed for me.

AuntNelly, I am praying for you!!!

pattygirl63 10-19-2012 09:34 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Nelly - Praying that DH problems are minor... nothing serious. I am also praying for you. I've been in your shoes and know exactly how you feel.

Rosebud - Praying for your step-mom.

I'm so tired after all the company is gone. DD put baby to bed late thinking, I'm sure, that he would sleep in. However, he was awake when I came in to relieve DGD so she could go to school. Couldn't believe it. I usually wake up hours before time to get up, but I've slept until the alarm went off for 2 or 3 days. I'm supposed to go to a church brunch at IHOP tomorrow but not sure I'm going. I may sleep in. Besides not too sure what I could eat at IHOP.

Hope everyone has a blessed Friday and weekend.

NewCyndi 10-19-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy (Post 4502098)
Cyndi ~ yes, you have your hands full with a newborn and toddler at the same time; sending up ^prayers^ for guidance and strength for you so that you won't stress eat. Do you take the kiddies out for a walk each day?

I don't go out for walks but I think that is a good idea. I think being inside all day is not good for any of us. Thank you for suggesting that.

superwoman 10-19-2012 02:22 PM

I got on the scale today and realized I was down 2lbs...That feels food!

End of the Year Goal:
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartb...0/185/213/.png

Long Term Goal:
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar02/...0/155/213/.png

bargoo 10-19-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superwoman (Post 4502841)
I got on the scale today and realized I was down 2lbs...That feels food!

End of the Year Goal:
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartb...0/185/213/.png

Long Term Goal:
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar02/...0/155/213/.png

Congratulations !

Chubbygirl253 10-19-2012 07:38 PM

hi everyone. today was a good day. today I did a shorter workout, just 3 hours. and it was a more relaxing day filled with yoga, the elliptical, and water aerobics. I feel good. Tomorrow is supposed to be my rest day but we'll see.

Justwant2Bhealthy 10-21-2012 07:29 PM

:welcome: SUPERWOMAN ~ nice to have you join us here; and congrats on those 2 lbs ... :D

Had a pretty good weekend here; food was good; walking was good even though it was a bit damper and cooler this weekend, but I went out anyways. I have found a good route for myself that doesn't feel too bad -- it's about one full block, which is plenty for me for now. Getting that done comfortably on a daily or EOD basis is my goal for this year.

DH is still having some sleeping problems but we do have an appt for next week to get some meds for his specific issues. We are hoping that works out well. He is tired from a night of fitful sleeping and is sleeping now :dizzy: -- of course, his sleeping schedule is totally screwed up becuz of that. I tried to sort that out a bit, but co-operation is an issue there. Nevertheless, today went pretty good despite all that.

Hope you all have a wonderful week coming up. We may get some :sunny: tomorrow -- hope they are right! :D

Chubbygirl253 10-22-2012 12:14 AM

this weekend was good. yesterday was my rest day. did plenty of walking shopping. Food was good this weekend. Today I worked out for 4.5 hours and burned 3650+ calories.