Old 08-18-2010, 10:57 PM   #31  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BOOTS & FRIDAY ANGEL ~ we are glad that you two found us over here; yes, it is the last group on the list, but we put the LORD first in our lives. Come back often; that really helps a lot ...

HI MATILDA ~ on your WL accomplishment so far; you have already surpassed your Labor Day challenge -- you are doing very well. You must be working really hard at it and we continue to pray for strength for you just like you asked ...

We finally got out to our lot today; had to take some stuff out there. Even though it did while we were there for a bit, we still took out some time to relax as well. We couldn't do lawn work as it was way too wet though. Then on the way back home; guess who we see passing us on the fly ... MY DAD & STEPMOTHER ... Didn't get to chat with them, but they were probably quite tired from the long trip anyways.

Our silly car was acting up on us again; the gas fumes came back like a proverbial bug, so DH is gonna take it to a garage tomorrow to see if we need new gas lines. Don't want to go through that on a long trip ... I will praise GOD anyways, as it is better to happen now than then. Hope that is all it is and won't cost us too much.

Have a great Thursday everyone ... Rosebud
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:20 PM   #32  
Picking Myself back up

Height: 5'6 1/2

Thank you for the welcome..

I need to lose about 35 lbs.. I lost some weight last year..
but this year its been not a good year.. all the way around..
and the past few moths, I can feel God is pushing me or reminding me hes there for me..and i need to lean on him..So thats how i found myself back here..

I need to start eating healthy and walking again..

thanks for the support!
Grace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:23 PM   #33  
Picking Myself back up

Height: 5'6 1/2

May I ask what kinda of food plans/ and excerise everyone is doing?
Ive tried everything.. not sure what i will try next... But it has to be cheap because im Broke!
Grace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:55 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/211/150

Height: 5'3"

I'm still nursing my two youngest kids, (10 months and 2 years) so I just count calories and loosely add in ~500, so I'm doing about 1900 calories per day. (I'm really surprised at how much food this is! and yet still I'm losing weight! but the breastfeeding uses them up, I went lower for a few weeks and my milk supply dropped)

I try to eat semi-healthy, cheap and yet foods that store well because I'm so busy. So I add hardboiled eggs, cottage cheese, soy milk, 2x a week a whole-grained pasta, frozen vegetables and potatoes (both white and sweet). I rarely do pasta or fatty meats. I try to still eat like a diabetic and go low carb because I will have diabetes one day, I get gestational diabetes with pregnancy so its just a given in my life. If I learn to deal with it while I'm young I think I'll live a longer, healthier and happy life!

I'm surprised at how easy the kids eat foods that other people would think are bland, as I've stopped adding butter or salt to anything, but kids really adapt so well and if you're not brought up on it they think thats just fine the way it is!

I can't do very much "fresh" vegetable wise, and only do apples and bananas for fresh fruits. If I get anything else it inevitably spoils, so we have to do frozen broccoli and stuff.

I work and teach full time at a university, I'm in the last year of a PhD program, and I have three kids under the age of the five! My life...is crazy. But I need to focus some on my health for a change if I'm going to have the energy to see this through this year!

Last edited by boots; 08-19-2010 at 08:58 PM.
boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:16 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

I am on a low carb diet and I take 1 Tablespoon of olive oil a day, 1 flax and try to include fish in my diet each day if not one salmon oil capsule. This is the first year of since they started checking my cholesterol I don't need to take medicine or go on a diet for it, and I am 57! If I could stop having accidents I would feel great!

I am changing this to counting calories, can not stay on a carb diet with my hubbie around impossible!

Last edited by Bootsie; 08-20-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:25 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone! I just got this in an email and I just had to come right here to share it with you! I had never seen it before and I thought that it was just WONDERFUL!!! We're doing fine here-- My son found a job at a restaurant cooking and started today!! And his girlfriend stopped in at Pizza Hut a few weeks ago and they started her yesterday and are training her to be a manager! Praise the Lord!! I just knew if I could get him back here from Florida that they would be able to get things going and hopefully get on their feet!! Sure did a lot of praying about it and I am so happy!!! He was kind of surprised that Mom may know what she is talking about after all!!

Everyone have a great night and I will try to get back here more often... needless to say things are a little hectic around here right now... but I'm loving it!

AIN'T

He was just a little boy,
On a week's first day.
Wandering home from Bible school,
And dawdling on the way.

He scuffed his shoes into the grass;
He even found a caterpillar.
He found a fluffy milkweed pod
And blew out all the 'filler.'

A bird's nest in a tree overhead,
So wisely placed up so high.
Was just another wonder,
That caught his eager eye.

A neighbor watched his zigzag course,
And hailed him from the lawn;
Asked him where he'd been that day
And what was going on.

'I've been to Bible School ,'
He said and turned a piece of sod.
He picked up a wiggly worm replying,
'I've learned a lot about God.'

'M'm, very fine way,' the neighbor said,
'for a boy to spend his time.'
'If you'll tell me where God is,
I'll give you a brand new dime.'

Quick as a flash the answer came!
Nor were his accents faint.
'I'll give you a dollar, Mister,
If you can tell me where God ain't.'

Have a great day

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil......it has no point.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:27 AM   #37  

Love it Karen and so true! It reminds me of the show Art Linkletter had on TV and the book Kids say the Darn est things! I wish they still had that show on TV, even the reruns would be nice!

That is wonderful about your son's new job and your daughter in laws! Is not it wonderful how God works in our lives when he knows we are really trying, other doors and windows of opportunity just seem to open up when you least expect it. I pray for others more doors and opportunities open up for all that are really trying, just never stop, just never give up and do the best you can do and don't be afraid to go that extra mile. God loves all of you.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:24 AM   #38  

Friday here is a web site I find helpful also.

http://www.whfoods.com/ they tell about healthy foods that don't cost a bundle that is good for you ,keeping yourself healthy
Old 08-20-2010, 03:48 PM   #39  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

so, I have come to this tread looking for support.

I grew up in a christian family, I do believe in God, and when I was a kid and well into my teens I enjoyed the summer at a christian camp. Somehow three years ago I have seemed to have lost my way. i no longer go to church, (I have moved away from my hometown and have stopped going since the move) I no longer read my bible, nor do I pray.

right now I live with my boyfriend of almost two years, and he has asked me to marry him, which I said yes, but I'm not sure. I think about my ex all the time, but I'm not too sure I want to be with him or not, I think its more of a I need closure thing, I don't know.
and I still get crushes on other guys, like I like and am attracted to other boys and I think I'm too young, but I feel like a horrible person for living without being married.

am i a bad person? am I a horrible christian? I'm so afraid I'm going to be left behind or go to ****, as my mother tells me often God is coming soon.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #40  

Mickey, to me no one has the right to judge you, don't think you will find that here. and you know, growing up as a Christian , there is only one perfect in this world and that is Jesus Christ. My favorite song is Amazing grace and years ago at 17 I to was lost, looking for answers. I just sit down and had a heart to heart with Jesus and asked him to help me to show me the way. He loved me Mickey when no one else did and he loves you too. I read my Bible a-lot, still do ,when I come to pot holes in my life or just see what he opens my eyes too, when I have read it so many times, don't remember that passage being there. So much like the amazing grace, once was blind but now I see. Jesus does that a-lot when I read the Bible. None of us has the answers for you, the answer to do or not to do, lies within your heart. Praying for you tonight, Mickey
Old 08-20-2010, 09:34 PM   #41  
Rosebud

LADIES ~ I do all my shopping from our one local grocery store and one department bargain store (half the first floor is food & produce). The only thing I had to add was Vitamins & oil capsules which I buy in bulk, as I have had a lifelong Vitamin & Mineral deficiency. I watch for all the sales and get them first; for instance, when sirloin steak or whole chickens are on sale, I buy a few & put them in my freezer.

I am doing a balanced, calorie-portion plan, with whole foods such as complex grain carbs & lots of veggies, lean meats, fruits, some dairy, and good fats mostly; and volumetrics tips to keep full. I made the plan up out of many; it had to be simple and affordable as we are on a limited budget like many people today, but we eat very well and want for nothing.

For breakfast, we have any whole grain, bran or oat cereal; OR egg omelette or egg-muffinwich; OR cinnamon French toast; OR toast with natural peanut butter or cheese. For lunch, we have homemade soups with wg bread/bun; OR dinner leftovers; OR fish or chicken burger (no bun) with salad; OR a wg bunwich & cupasoup, etc. Our dinner is usually any lean meat with loads of veggies and/or salad; new or sweet potatoes (small for me) or brown rice. I eat fresh or baked fruit/yogurt/diet pudding or nuts for snacks. The odd oat bar or a bran muffin for a quick BF or snack on the fly.

I learned to make healthy versions of all our favorite foods so we love our food still, ie pita pizzas or baked fish & sweet potato fries. If you look over our previous threads, you will see that I often tell you what we eat for dinner. Since this is a lifelong journey for us, the food has to taste good and be healthy too; plus I got my blood sugars back to normal and am off meds now -- PTL!

We still have healthy versions of pizza, steak & mushrooms; BBQ spit Chicken or roast beef, chicken, turkey, ham, pork chops, etc; plus shepherd's pie, cabbage rolls, pasta dishes, fish, family favorites, lean burgers & super chicken dogs; and homemade soups & stews, etc. I cut down the sugar, white flour, and salt; making everything lean & healthy.

Started off with small changes; cut my portions in half, increasing my veggies to half my plate. I love lots of roasted or steamed veggies; trying new ones all the time -- newest one is spagetti squash cooked in microwave for only 10 minutes. I buy berries on sale; bananas, cherries, apples; but blueberries & rhubarb we pick and bake them in different ways.

We had lovely sirloin roast beef (on sale) with yellow & green beans, baby carrots (all came in one frozen bag); with onions & celery with new potatoes for dinner tonight. For lunch we hand a sandwich & soup. I had an eggmuffinwich for BF + 1/4 cup Rhubarb-blueberry-apple fool for a snack this AM. Missed my afternoon snack as we had to take our car to get fixed again.

BTW, GOOD NEWS REPORT ~ we have finally, and I mean finally, got our car fixed; for real, this time -- PTL! We took it to a THIRD garage; and DH helped the two young mechanics find the REAL problem. The other day on the way home from our lot, NIKO & I got ill from horrible fumes in the car; so we had to pull over and open all the windows & vents in order to get home.

Turns out that a clamp on our EXHAUST PIPE under the back seat was missing, so all the gas & exhaust fumes was coming inside the car -- what a dangerous situation for us. Gee, and I won't get into all the other times & money we spent on things that were not the cause; and the work other mechanics wanted to do that we refused (two inspections could find nothing wrong with our gas lines or tank).

Anyways, it only cost us $10.61 ... can you believe that? They didn't charge for the inspection of the car; just the time and replacement of the new clamp (10 whole minutes). What a relief for us, as we wanted this fixed before our holiday in September. So thanks to all of you who have been praying for our car over the last year or so -- now hopefully, this ends the saga of our mysterious car woes!!! THANK YOU, GOD!!!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Rosebud, great shopping and meal ,planning tips. Thanks ! Great news about the car, glad it is fixed,
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:01 PM   #43  
Rosebud

MICKEY ~ Oh, I so remember being your age and all the angst around guys & dating & not knowing my future. Like you, I always believed in GOD & JESUS & went to church as a child; but then after some searching in my late teens, I re-dedicated my life to the LORD when I was 19 years old. I saw my friends make bad choices that brought nothing but trouble into their lives, so I walked away from them and never looked back.

There are some questions you need to ask, like is this fella a believer? Would he go to church with you? How do you want to raise your kids? As believers? Do you love this man? Can you see a good future with him?

You are young -- but obviously, GOD is speaking to you right now; and it may be that He has something much better in mind for your future. If you are not happy, that could be a kind of DIVINE DISCONTENT. I had that too, so I moved on, which was the right decision for me.

I ended up traveling and moving far away; and that is where I met my husband. I didn't get married until I was 30 years old, but I am so glad that my DH is a believer. We have both grown over the years; and now we pray together all the time, and that is very comforting to me. GOD is blessing us all the time. Will pray for you that the LORD will give you a clear direction in your life very soon.

THANKS, BARGOO ~ nice to hear from you ... hope all is well; still praying for you ...

KAREN ~ PTL -- such good news about your son & GF too; and that poem is so cute and true for sure ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-24-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:29 AM   #44  

Rosebud how is your cars health? Last it was not so good....just wondering
Old 08-21-2010, 11:06 AM   #45  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Karen.thanks for the poem i really liked it

Mickey,I agree w/Bootsie..that's something you have to pray about seems like you are unsure about a lot of things and need some answers and the lord is the only one that can give them to you.I wish you all the best

Last edited by OnaMi; 08-21-2010 at 11:15 AM.
OnaMi is offline   Reply With Quote