Old 07-05-2010, 11:17 PM   #16  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

BOOTSIE if we all knew all the stories in the Bible from looking through it a time or two it would probably just sit right up on the book shelf next to the dictionary...only to be pulled down when we "forgot" the meaning or spelling of something....

God encourages us to "seek so we will find"......

keep on searching and looking through that book

PS ~ Study Bibles are great and easy to use...also check out used book stores for a Halley's Bible Handbook....

so many resources out there!

Blessings ~ Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:29 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

While I know that “All Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work” (2Tim. 3:16) ... if something like that drives me crazy ... I ask myself what difference it makes to my relationship with my God. Usually it is none.

God knows that my head would explode if I tried to understand it all. HE has made me calm. I don't need to understand it all.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #18  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

LOL SUSAN!

I have forgotten more than I remember from my Bible study!

But I do remember the reason we have it!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:50 AM   #19  

God is infinite, every word in his Bible was meant to be there but not every word is meant for every person or every age. Things change in different cultures and times. If I were able to figure God out, He wouldn't be much of a God. Don't worry about that stuff Bootsie, you don't have to understand everything. Understand that Jesus died for your sins and if you will accept His gift of Salvation it's yours for the taking. He says we can ask for wisdom, and when I asked Him about the son's of God, this is the answer He gave me. So maybe He has a different answer for you. Ask Him, and when it's time He will give you wisdom, if He so chooses.

Love, Kelli

Love, Kelli

Last edited by Kelli; 07-07-2010 at 12:52 AM.
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:14 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Ahh.. Jesus and Our Heavenly Father know I find them fascinating that i just cannot learn enough about them. I just want to learn the right thing! He is using y'all at this moment to teach me a few things and i just love hearing from all of you! You are awesome! The way you have showed your love for God is a faith that only come from your heart, that makes it so precious not only to me but for Our father also! Keep spreading his word and hope all of you keep posting spreading it! Thank You!

If you are like me and have a question about the Bible, you just don't understand, please ask it and receive some answers straight from the hearts of good people who truly love our Father.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #21  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BOOTSIE ~ I know this is way off topic, but your new avatar is awesome -- what a nice picture of you. Your new strategy must be working for 15 lbs to come off this spring ... congrats to you!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-07-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Thanks Rosebud! Oh Rosebud when you make a commitment to the Lord you best be ready to live up to it. I accidentally I thought i went over one time 17 calories, but after i ate the yucky stuff , I realized that I had put to many calories down on one of the items! I think that was just a test from the Lord to see if I would really keep my part of the commitment. I kept it! YUCK!!!! I am soooooooooo watching my addition and not forgetting about anything any more. If I did not believe in the Lord I would cheat I guarantee you on that! I started writing everything down in the 50's where the golden girls are. I don't even want to know what would happen if I did not keep my part of my commitment!

Look at you girl! 86 pounds gone forever, ok have you tried lifting 86 pounds since you lost that much? Ha! Don't even try! Incredible how strong our bodies are to lift that much. i know when I lost my 90 pounds , I felt like WOW! Honestly I would look in the mirror and scare myself, I saw a stranger, took a while for me to get used to myself. Did not feel so good gaining 45 of it back though now I am trying to loose all of that 45. Please don't let that happen to you Rosebud, please don't.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #23  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BOOTSIE ~ not if I can help it, it won't! I have totally changed the way I eat and live; and I don't plan on ever going back. I have hit some stalls and plateaus along the way, as you know; but I am now losing again (lost 2 more lbs in June; and hope to lose some more over the summer). I am now zig-zagging my calories this month to see if that helps me lose a bit more. Thanks ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote