Old 03-16-2010, 09:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Default I have given up.....

For 3 years I gave up coffee, it was really hard for I been drinking coffee since I was 6 months old. My doctor put me back on it! He said it would relieve stomach issues, didn't . in fact that is why I quit because my Daddy told me if I quit I would stop having pain in my chest, which is a hernia.

Now I have given coffee up but drinking tea instead for 3 weeks now, drunk green tea for a while then reg then decaf but i would like to drink something that has no calories, taste good and is good for me. This tea stuff just is not cutting the mustard with me, I need something else. Before I drunk diet Dr.Pepper / lemon no caffeine until they came up , aspartame gave you brain damage, gee , every time you find something that works its bad for you! Anything with a lot of splenda I am allergic to it, also.

What do you drink in the morning to get your life rolling ?
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:47 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I drink my coffee every morning until noon or so BOOTSIE...black....

I am no help but here is a HUG!!!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:07 AM   #3  

Might of been no help but sure made me smile! I am having all kinds of surprises this morning my brother called sounds better.
I was taking the trash out and all these cars started pulling in the drive way and I was like what is going on!!! David was giving directions where to park and I asked him what was going on ? He said they are making a film down the road , using here to park their cars. I said You liar! He said come here and I walked over with him and asked the young man and he said We are filming two people coming down this road and finding something. Don't want to say what, since I walk down that road all the time! David goes See I told you!

Well found out exactly what they are filming and it is documentary of safety for women out walking or running by themselves. That is what I have understood anyway, I always try to walk with someone but not always. Bootsie

Last edited by Bootsie; 03-17-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

I've gotten to where I can drink coffee with a touch of creamer and no sweetner which is big for me! I'm not advocating still drinking coffee ( I feel like I shouldn't). There is a tea that I enjoy sometimes that is WONDERFUL! The combination of ingredients make it so flavorful and I don't need sugar or sweetner at all to enjoy it. It is called Good Earth tea. The type I drink is their "original" tea. I haven't tried their other teas but maybe they are good too!
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #5  

Thanks Renwomin, I think what you have accomplished is a great start! I still have not had a cup of coffee yet and I did almost though by mistake. I really don't think I would be able to stomach it now though. I had to force myself to drink it when the doctor told me too. I am putting 2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in my pot ( 1 gallon) of hot water for my tea and it has done wonders for me. My husband can't even tell its in there, but guess what, after one week he has no cramps in his legs, me either!
Old 03-21-2010, 09:00 PM   #6  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I have 2 cups of coffee in the AM, then switch to water and tea after that; I have green tea, regular tea (but I make it milder now; not so strong), and blackcurrant tea which is nice but it may have caffeine in it, I don't know. I also have hot chocolate sometimes, but more often, I have Ovaltine which is a cereal based kind of coffee or chocolate drink, depending on which one you buy. You can find other kinds of drink like that in your tea/coffee section of your grocery store too.

I drink diet soda only on occasion though, if it is hot and I am really thirsty.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:44 PM   #7  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I don't usually drink anything in the morning but water -- I like my coffee or green tea after dinner!

But I worry more about quality of sleep and I know when I have had good rest. I wake up with the light coming in the curtain near dawn and I feel in a good mood. When I have not had good rest my DH has to wake me and I'm a crab.

So perhaps as you see a replacement drink, also think about your sleep?

GL!
A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-21-2010 at 09:44 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote