Old 04-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #16  

Where did you read that?
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Carol-This is where I found the above information.

http://www.spiritwatch.org/RFtest4.htm

I don't promote that website, but it is just an example of many things I found while searching.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:53 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Annie you can't believe everything you read, please give Gwen Shamblin a chance before you make judgement, search into it some more. No one is perfect , in fact I have a cow on my dash board that reminds me of that when I am driving and some little car pulls out in front of my big 250 truck.Weigh down has a wonderful community site just was there. They all have lost weight on it and I don't always agree with allot of things ,you can ask my friends who have grown to know me on here. The diet seems to work in the past for some here and some now and some things in Rise Above make a-lot of sense to me. I am going to continue to stay on weigh down and I hope it helps me, today is my 2nd day! Hope more join me. I will also be posting on their sight and learning from others there, for I would just love to loose this 35 pounds of unwanted baggage as others have.
www.weighdown.com
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #19  

Have you read what Gwen Shamblin believes?

Galatians 1: 6-10
6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.

We must be very careful when we are teaching others that we are teaching the truth. Yes we will have different ideas about things that are not "unto death" But when the Basic truth of the deity of Christ is perverted by saying that He is a created being and you call yourself a Christian you are deceiving yourself and others. It's not just what other write about weigh down, it is actually in her tenants of belief.

James 3:1 My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.

Jesus and the apostles were never shy about calling out false teachers and neither should we be.

Love Kelli

Last edited by Kelli; 04-02-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:40 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Bootsie-I did try Weigh Down in the 1990's and lost weight on the program. Gained it back unfortunately. I am following my own program now and having success. I just searched our forum here recently, because I wondered if Weigh Down was still out there and being used.

I have to say I was shocked about the things I learned and very disappointed in the path Gwen Shamblin has taken.

I do wish you luck and hope the program works for you.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #21  

Is anyone still following this program now. i used this program in 2000 and lost 56 pounds and i have kept off all but 6 pounds for 12 years. They are climbing back now. So i want to start on the concept again. I do not wait for a growl any more nor to i stop when iam pleasantly full.I seem to have a hungry all day,I know now that I need to feed my spirit more than my stomach. Sooooo i will start the hunger and full eating again. And go to God instead of the food. When i follow that there is so much freedom and peace and weight loss is only side effect.It goes back to focus on God not food.
i would like any feed back or to hear from someone is following that now. I would like support.
jbl4823 is offline   Reply With Quote