I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Have a safe and wonderful trip SCOOTER!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:40 PM   #107  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

We had the most beautiful day today with all day long. We just did stuff around the house this AM, then we decided to do a bit of Christmas shopping and then we went for a ride to a few of our favorite lakes. It was a glorious day ... just way too nice to stay indoors. We got home just as the sun was getting ready to set ...

We found another small ornament to put on our front deck becuz we had one space that was a bit empty. We found an adorable shovel with penquins on it that will look great beside our moose-reigndeer. I also got some lovely snowflake stickies for our front window and a few sparkly snowflakes for our little Christmas tree too.

LAURIE ~ hope you have a great holiday ...

GARY ~ that recipe does look good; I am adding more meatless meals to our menu these days too.

Made a nice cassoulet bean pot for lunch with some leftover roast pork and veggies from Sunday; and had sole fish for dinner. Got lots of walking in at the store (did this on purpose), then we went for our lovely drive.

THANKS for all your prayers; they are really appreciated. Hope you all have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY tomorrow ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-17-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:52 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Thanks Gary, I've got it saved now and will have to give that a try soon. Probably after Thanksgiving....
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:48 AM   #109  
Quit counting at 45!

Gary: I was reading the Globe and Mail (equivilant to your National Post) and saw the same picture of your DIL that you posted. Cool eh? Tell her someone in Canada saw it!!

Don't have much time to post but just want to wish everyone a good day.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:32 PM   #110  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

All is well here today. A beautiful cool morning, wish I was able to get those mutts out for a walk...they do a "puppy parade" around me all day waiting for those leashes...soon I hope.

I just finished making cheese enchiladas, I had everything ready yesterday except warming the tortillas and rolling/baking them when mu sister came by. I just threw it all in the fridge and finished this morning. Now Angie and I have 3 cheese enchilada meals ready to go for those quick meals...pull 'em out of the freezer (3 packages of 5) warm them in the microwave, can of black or refried beans, rice if Angie is around to make it chips and guacamole and we are good to go One of my favorites!!

My sister is doing well right now, there was a misunderstanding on her part when radiation was to start...all that is confirmed now. She will continue chemo into Feb. then start radiation. Poor girl...but she is a fighter...always had to be with her lupus.

My daughter in law is doing fine with her cast on, minor pain and tons of help from those high school boys she teaches

My sister had my leftovers of the spaghetti squash dish I made...she loved it! She is going to try and make it this week-end if she has the energy.

WILMA ~ I sent my DIL a text this morning on you seeing her picture...she knows about my friends here...anyway she texted me back on her break and said OH! NO! lol with a lot of laughing icons. It is nice to see you checking in here a bit more. I hope DH is healing and feeling well today...tell him I will probably beta him back to work...but if it was my shoulder/arm no way!

SCOOTER ~ I hope your trip is safe and fun for you...see you when you get back

IRIS ~ GET UP!! Kiddo we all have times where we just don't want to get up! I have no problem when the weather is warm but on those cold days...yes even here...I don't want to...especially if it is a work day I hope you catch up with that work soon. Everything ok with the ex-bf now?

ROSEBUD ~ Sounds like a fun day you had....we have to go for miles here to find a lake...ocean...less than 5 miles away though! I love beans! Yep, Angie and I are trying to add more veggie meals and less meat...the best part is we are looking at it together We should start our decorating after Thanksgiving...right now I am not sure what I will be able to put up, some of my stuff is a bit heavy and high...like climbing up my 8' ladder that is in the back of my truck, with a full sheet of 1/2 inch plywood that I screw onto the front of my house...my JESUS board...maybe not this year ...neighbors have already been asking if I am going to put it up this year..maybe an angel will show up

KAREN ~ Do you have ice in that pool yet? That list of "old stuff" was hilarious! So many things that I can relate to...ok...where was I? I 'spose you saw I posted that jump rope video..way cool!

RONNI ~ I hope you are feeling better now Glad the MS is at bay for now...continued prayers! Sorry about the glasses...I have needed reading glasses for about 7 years now and know what a pain that is! How are the boys doing? Everyone recover from football?

BARGOO ~ My incisions are feeling better...I didn't have tape on them, just the blue glue stuff...one leaked a little blood yesterday but nothing to worry about. Still tight down there. Prayers continue for your battle

Have a great day/evening everyone! And thanks again so much for the prayers...I can guarantee you they were felt!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:35 PM   #111  

Hello there!! Gary, thanks for posting that link-- don't know why it wouldn't work for me. I pasted it in to the Golden Girls thread. I thought this was pretty awesome!!
No ice in the pool as of yet--- it is covered though so that should help some as the weather starts to turn colder. In fact, I still have geraniums sitting out on the patio and today I have three new blooms!!! I'm sure not used to this!! In Colorado if the snow didn't freeze them, the deer ate them!!!

We went to the VA hospital in Fayetville, Arkansas (200 mile round trip!) today so they could check out Tim's shoulders and arms. He has started to have a lot of pain any time he extends them. Well, the Dr. there said he has "Adhesive Capsulitis" or frozen shoulder. He asked if he was diabetic and he isn't. He was saying this is more common in diabetics. Anyway, the plan for now is to do physical therapy and then the Dr. will see him again in 6 weeks. Hoping he doesn't have to do cortisone shots or surgery. But so glad he is finally getting all this checked out. More blood tests on Monday, and a colonoscopy on Tuesday. So a few extra prayers thrown this way would really be appreciated.

Prayers going out for all and I think about all of you all the time!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:11 PM   #112  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Prayers for TIM as he goes through his testing and therapy.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:20 PM   #113  
Rosebud

HI ALL ~ We had another gorgeous day today ... what a gift from GOD! My Aunt emailed me today and says that the weather people are predicting mild weather for some time; it seems fall has finally arrived after all ...

DH went to his priest's funeral today -- and it was so fitting that it was so nice and today, as this man was always smiling. There were so many people there he had to stand thru the whole thing which lasted over 3 hours, then they went to the cemetary too. They had a small snack and viewed some history of the church and then he came home around 2 pm.

This much-loved priest was only 52 years old; he had a bad heart and had been sick on and off for awhile from what DH heard today, but now he is free from all that ... so GOD BLESS HIM! He was a dedicated teacher as well, and loved both positions he had.

That is a lot to take on being a high school teacher and a priest at the same time, but he did a marvellous job of both, and all his students talked so very well of him too, saying that he had changed their lives for the better ...

This afternoon we put up those decos we bought this week and they look really nice: I esp love the snowflakes on the windows. Anyways, it was pasta night tonight so we had creamy pasta in a mushroom sauce. Hope you all have a nice day tomorrow with good weather like we are having here; and take good care ... ROSEBUD ^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-19-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #114  
Rosebud

PS ~ I posted some comforting scriptures in the Prayer Warrior's thread that have helped DH and I a lot lately, dealing with the death of loved ones and friends. We see so many younger persons passing from cancer, heart attacks, viruses, and sadly -- suicide (2 in the last month).

Sometimes we wonder what more we could do to prevent young people from taking their lives when life gets a bit tuff for them. Here we are losing loved ones and friends way too early, and these young ones are taking their own lives.

It's hard to know the reasons why or the details, but I hope we can find a way to reach out to them better in the future; and help them realize that 'SUICIDE IS NOT A SOLUTION' to their problems, but instead only creates heartache and sorrow and questions for their family and friends who are left behind ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-19-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:20 PM   #115  
Rosebud

HI EVERYBODY ~ Gee, I hope I didn't scare everyone away with my posts ... We spent the morning trying to decide where to put our Christmas tree; we decided to put it beside the piano this year, as it looks great there. That way I can keep my rocking chair by the front window to look out and see all the pretty lights, and my birdies, and any other activities out there ...

DH put the penny lights on the tree for me, and I have put a few sparkly snowflakes on so far. I usually take my time and put a few ornaments on each day until I am satisfied with it. Then, DH went to help a neighbour put some poles along his laneway so the guy who clears the snow won't fall over the side of the hill like he did last year. They already had to put florescent pole markers in our laneway to mark out the neighbours property so they don't cut up their lawn -- there was a lot of damage done last year on both properties, so hopefully this will remedy that issue.

I had a tooth extracted at the beginning of the month, but it broke on him, so he had to drill the rest out (he was a young dentist); and today, some small pieces came out. I can still feel one rough edge on the outside: sure hope that's not a bonespur becuz another lady here (PURPLEORC) had the exact same thing happen to her, and now she has to have a minor operation just to fix it on December 22, no less. I sure hope and pray that doesn't happen to me too ...

Well, we had a bit of this afternoon, but I think it has gone behind a tree or building, becuz it is getting kinda overcast out there again. It is supposed to be nice and sunny for the weekend, so I hope those weather forecasters are right. I am trying to decide what to have for dinner tonight; it's supposed to be cooks night off -- so maybe that means take-out, but there's not many healthy things available from take-out here. Well, I think I'll start with a romaine salad, and go from there ...

Hope you all are having a fantabulous Friday; and do take good care of yourselves too ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-20-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:58 AM   #116  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Things are normal here ...main water line to the house busted yesterday afternoon...after the washing machine went in the morning...life!

My brother is coming over this morning to start on the water main and Angie and I saw a great buy on a washing machine at Home Depot last night, we had to go there to get a female to female connection so we could run a hose from my neighbor's house to mine so we could have water.

We also picked up a small fake Christmas tree she wants to put on the hutch we have, so I guess we will have a tree after all The house will be pretty with all her decorations

ROSEBUD ~ Yep, it has been a bit lonely around here...wonder what happened? We had a great run for quite a while with posts...funny how it is quite a roller coaster ride here sometimes. I know there isn't always much in my life to post. I see your decorations are growing Good luck on that tooth, I had wisdom teeth pulled many-many years ago, I swear pieces kept working through the gum for years!

KAREN ~ I hope Tim's shoulder is better today...along with you DH's too WILMA

Well off to my day of watching my brother work...not going to be much help with this hernia recovery going on still...thank God for brothers!
Old 11-21-2009, 07:44 PM   #117  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Everyone! Not much going on here, but keeping busy anyway. Finally got my H1N1 shot this morning-had to wait in line for 1 1/2 hours in the cold first. Then, got yelled at by a rude couple who were ticked that I let an elderly couple who were both in wheelchairs go in front of us so they wouldn't have to try to wind their way around the queue ropes. It only added about an extra 15 seconds to their wait, but they had to raise a fit and yell at all of us, so I let them have it back about being rude and having consideration for those who are older and less able. I don't normally let loose like that, but it really ticked me off that anyone could be that selfish. Satan has such a strong hold on our society, I really don't think there's any hope of redemption for our country, but I pray for it anyway.

This afternoon, since I was just sitting around at loose ends, I found Home Alone on the tube and started getting the Christmas fever, so I got out my new evergreen spray for the front door and hung it up. I even put batteries in the light string and turned them on and I don't care if the neighbors think I'm jumping the gun, we really need some holiday cheer around here. Also, found out that DS1's family will be coming down for Thanksgiving dinner, so we do have Turkey-day plans now! I'm gonna have to go shopping and start cooking!

Gary-hope your bro was able to fix the water line. That would really stink to have to dig that up and have that mess right now at the holiday. But, don't be trying to help at all and rip out your incisions Now, I was brought up with the belief that trouble always happens in 3's, so beware...there may be something else coming!

Rosebud-glad to hear that I'm not the only one who feels the need to start the Christmas decorating already! Hope that tooth issue works out. That would stink too, finding tooth pieces as you eat-ick.

Karen-you and your DH are in my prayers for healing of his arms and good results from the tests coming.

Hoping and praying everyone else is having a nice weekend. Take care!

Last edited by ronni62; 11-21-2009 at 07:47 PM.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:50 PM   #118  
Rosebud

GARY ~ yah, I think you're right; seems we either have lots of company or almost none; not sure why that is. I guess people just get busy with the busyness of life. I am trying to make my health a life-long priority, so coming here for support and to learn from others just makes sense to me. It helps keeps me on track; kinda like a meeting would if I was part of a public group like WW or OA, etc.

I also think that when some people start to struggle or hit plateaus or a stall, or even gain a bit -- that they stop coming becuz they feel bad; but thankfully, some do come back when they realize that we are not here to judge them, just to support them in their efforts. We all have our ups and downs in this life. I think the most important part is to just keep going ...

We had a nice day today; we didn't quite get the weather that was predicted, but the did peak out a bit this afternoon. I put on the last of my ornaments on our Christmas tree last night and this morning; now all we have to do is the wall decos and that won't take very long. We had some company for the afternoon; and we had a very nice visit with friends.

After a busy day, I put my legs up until suppertime. We had fish & baked homefries for dinner (I had sweet potato ones and DH had the regular); plus I had a romaine salad with mine. Got some exercise in this AM, and ate well today (kudos for that).

Hope all our friends out there are having a restful weekend; and do take good care of yourselves too ... ROSEBUD

PS -- HI RONNI ~ looks like we were typing at the same time ... you know that you did the right thing, girl -- and GOD will bless you for it too! They have put a limitation on the vaccines here: those in high risk categories are receiving them first, and rightly so.

Good for you getting into the Christmas Spirit -- I so agree that we all need it these days, so us Christians have an opportunity to change the mood in our homes, our towns, and our countries. Yah baby, we have a job to do ... spreadin' the good word -- that GOD loves us and sent his son, JESUS, to share that love and joy with everyone.

Oh, and that's a nice picture of your boys in your new avatar; thanks for sharing that with us all ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-21-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #119  

Hello all, Things are going along pretty well here. It has been a busy week seems like but really don't know what we got done???? Tim's arms and shoulders are about the same. I will be glad when they get him the appt. for the physical therapy. Still not for sure that will help but at least that is the place they want to start.

My sister called me this afternoon. Her son and his family are moving back in with them for awhile. Probably until the Spring anyway. They have one little girl about 3 year and another on the way. He has been accepted at MSSU and wants to get his teaching degree. Anyway, the reason she called is she is making room for them and wanted to know if I wanted her treadmill and incumbent bike... I have a treadmill but hers is much nicer and have I've been watching for a incumbent bike for some time. So they brought those over this evening. I told her I would just keep them here for her now and when things get back to normal and she wants them back she can have them. BUT in the meantime since I now will have 2 treadmills in my "woman cave" she could come over and we could workout together. I imagine after having the house to themselves for awhile there will be times that she may want to just get away for awhile... I've been there too.
I haven't started Christmas yet---but will after Thanksgiving is over. Although I did buy the new tree--just haven't put it up yet.

Gary, I hope your plumbing troubles got fixed today. That didn't sound like any fun at all.

Everyone, have a great rest of the weekend. Take care
Old 11-21-2009, 10:41 PM   #120  
Rosebud

KAREN ~ ^PRAYERS^ going up for your DH and his arms & shoulders; I sure know how that feels. I had a 'FROZEN SHOULDER' twice: once after a baseball accident when I was younger -- I had to wear a sling as my arm was too heavy for my shoulder. It took about 1 week for the severe pain to go away; and at least another 2 weeks to rest it, but when I went back to work I couldn't lift any heavy objects for some time or I would risk reinjury.

I actually injured both my shoulders at different times; and the other one was the cap and I couldn't use my arm at all; that one took much, much longer to restore, but to this day, I cannot do certain things or I get pain and/or the crunchies (ie esp anything repetitive, or throwing a baseball, or even just vacuuming, so DH does it now: slowly). You have to find alternative ways to do things and learn to pace and limit yourself ...

GARY ~ yes, I sure do hope that you get your water back; been there, done that. How many times, I have had no water; and had to haul it or melt snow (no kidding) ... I could tell you stories ... but I won't bore you with them ...

HOpe you all have a blessed and peaceful Sunday tomorrow!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-21-2009 at 10:52 PM.