Old 10-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #106  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Talking Trish,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattygirl63 View Post
Ryanne Something Joyce said on the dvd along the lines of what you wrote. She used Philippkians 4:13 she said something like this "I can do all things because God lives in me". Yes we do have the strength to do this because we have the greater one living inside of us.

Blessings,
Amen to that! Trish, I also LOVE my Amplified Bible. It goes into such depth and detail. I don't know if you already do this or not, but one thing that I have done because of Joyce's teaching, and then stopped doing, and am doing again...(tee hee Did you get all that?? LOL) is to "Call those things that be not as though they were." Which is writing down and confessing God's Word over our lives. It really is a good idea to do this one or two or more times per day.

Bootsie, I hope you are doing well. Can't wait to hear from you...and Kelli, I pray things are going well with you.
I'll be on later... Gonna go spend some time doing my confession list and reading a little. Have a great day!
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:45 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanne View Post
[COLOR="Magenta"]Amen to that! Trish, I also LOVE my Amplified Bible. It goes into such depth and detail. I don't know if you already do this or not, but one thing that I have done because of Joyce's teaching, and then stopped doing, and am doing again...(tee hee Did you get all that?? LOL) is to "Call those things that be not as though they were." Which is writing down and confessing God's Word over our lives. It really is a good idea to do this one or two or more times per day.COLOR]
I used to do that everyday and I need to get back to it again as well. I have pages and pages and takes me a long time to confess them. I used to spread them out through the week. Thanks for reminding me.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #108  
Believe!

Smile

Quote:
I used to do that everyday and I need to get back to it again as well. I have pages and pages and takes me a long time to confess them. I used to spread them out through the week. Thanks for reminding me.

You sound a lot like me...LOL. You're welcome, I guess God wanted you reminded.
Have a good day, I'll check in later.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:25 PM   #109  
Believe!

Smile Born Again Support:

I am going to stop posting Kelli's Diet Bible Study on here, if you would like to read it in her Bible Study section or on her website, that is fine and you can still discuss it here if you would like to, that way you can go at your own pace. I am more than happy to discuss her study!
This is a place we can come discuss anything that pertains to us.
I love you all!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:15 PM   #110  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanne View Post
I am going to stop posting Kelli's Diet Bible Study on here, if you would like to read it in her Bible Study section or on her website, that is fine and you can still discuss it here if you would like to, that way you can go at your own pace. I am more than happy to discuss her study!
This is a place we can come discuss anything that pertains to us.
I love you all!
Thanks Ryanne. That will work for me. I've had my carbs for today except for 1. Thought came to me that I wanted something with more carbs. Then it hit me and I said out loud, "NO, I submit myself to God and I resist that thought in the name of Jesus." Praise God it works. The desire never went any further.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 10-12-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:52 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Ryanne and Trish, that is alright with me too. I am really busy too but I need you girls! Your my support! So I guess your stuck with this old lady. Kelly I sure am sorry to see you go but hope you pop in ever once in a while.
You know those cookies I forgot to take to the firehall , well I ate some and I feel like I have a bad hangover today.
Do y'all write everything down you eat? It helps me when I do but I always loose it. Do y'all plan your meals for the week? I am going to try for one day but even if I do , I seem to forget I have planned. Ever done that?
I have fitday and I got everything down except a small piece of velveeta fudge, yep that is what I said Velveeta fudge. A lady made some and sent it to me so I tried a small piece and shared, then hubie stuck it in his desk draw and hid it so he could eat it! I did real good and the fudge was small but really good.
You know tomorrow is a new day girls, a new start, let us get determined!
What kind of exercise are we planning. I watched Dr. OZ. today and I am planning 10,000 steps . Today I weed eated.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #112  
Believe!

Smile Way to go!

Quote:
Then it hit me and I said out loud, "NO, I submit myself to God and I resist that thought in the name of Jesus." Praise God it works. The desire never went any further.
Good Job! You did great! God is sooo good, and thank Him for the Name of JESUS!

Last edited by Ryanne; 10-12-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:29 PM   #113  
Believe!

Smile Good, I'm glad it will work for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsie View Post
Hi Ryanne and Trish, that is alright with me too. I am really busy too but I need you girls! Your my support! So I guess your stuck with this old lady. Kelly I sure am sorry to see you go but hope you pop in ever once in a while.
You know those cookies I forgot to take to the firehall , well I ate some and I feel like I have a bad hangover today.
Do y'all write everything down you eat? It helps me when I do but I always loose it. Do y'all plan your meals for the week? I am going to try for one day but even if I do , I seem to forget I have planned. Ever done that?
I have fitday and I got everything down except a small piece of velveeta fudge, yep that is what I said Velveeta fudge. A lady made some and sent it to me so I tried a small piece and shared, then hubie stuck it in his desk draw and hid it so he could eat it! I did real good and the fudge was small but really good.
You know tomorrow is a new day girls, a new start, let us get determined!
What kind of exercise are we planning. I watched Dr. OZ. today and I am planning 10,000 steps . Today I weed eated.

Bootsie, we sure don't feel stuck with you, we feel BLESSED by you! Sorry you have a hangover. I used to write down everything I ate, then God showed me to plan ahead and stick to my plan. So I write out a weekly menu and grocery shop accordingly and tape the menu to the side of the fridge by the stove so I always know what I am making and eating. It makes it soooo much easier and is less time consuming and helps to keep my mind off of food, since I already know what I am going to eat, when cravings come, I just say, no I'm not eating that, because I don't eat between meals. Also it makes my grocery shopping easier, I don't buy what's not on the list. It disciplines me to not bring stuff I don't want to eat into the house.
I usually do walking for exercise, plus cleaning the house...but I am trying to stay away from too much exercise and to stay well balanced. I have gotten caught up in over exercising before, and I don't want to do that again!!! NO WAY!
I know that if we are well balanced in every area it keeps the doors closed so Satan doesn't have a way in.
I so appreciate you guys and your support. Bootsie, I appreciate your support and glad you need us, too.
Have a good night all. Getting little one into bed, so I can rewrite my Scriptures for confessions. I ran out of space in one notebook so am reorganizing myself.

Last edited by Ryanne; 10-12-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #114  

Bootsie I agree with Ryanne. You are a real blessing and I miss you when you aren't here. Right now I'm doing Atkins 2 week Induction. This was my 3rd day. So yes I write down what I eat as I am counting my carbs to keep at 20 or less grams a day. I will probably even count it when I get past the 2 weeks. I'm not sure if I will add more carbs then or stay on Induction for awhile. It will be as the Lord leads. I read where one person keeps her carb count at 30 so may work up to that. Of course, I will do whatever the Lord tells me to do. However, I will have to continue writing and counting at least until I get used to what I'm doing. As for exercise, I walk or do a tape or cd or do housework. I just kind of make it varied and whatever strikes me at the time. I do like to do Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds 1 mile which is 20 minute tape. I like the 2 mile better but it takes 30 minutes and it is strange that 10 more minutes seems sooooo long. Need a new attitude about that. When I do those tapes, my back and hip hurts but it finally works out and keeps them from hurting. Which makes me wonder why I don't do it. Don't beat yourself up about the cookies. One slip doesn't mean failure and won't be a disaster if you don't let it be. As you said, tomorrow is a new day. Start the next meal or snack OP and you will be fine.

Ryanne I started redoing my confessions back in the summer and never finished. I need to do that since I have a lot of repeats. I'll have to see if I can find the time to finish. I just have so much going on right now.

Well, girls I'm getting tired so I will catch y'all tomorrow.

Good nite.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:27 AM   #115  
Believe!

Talking Good morning all!

I pray that everyone has a blessed day! Thank God for His goodness! I lost the weight I had put on from "drinking snacks". I don't even look at it as a set back, but as a learning experience. I am glad for all the lessons God is teaching me through this.
I want to encourage you today to enjoy your day! Don't let the devil get you down. Just let it go and move on.
Jesus came so that we can HAVE and ENJOY life. Make a decision early that you will enjoy your day, and if something crops up to try to steal your joy, just remind yourself that you already decided to enjoy your day.
I once had an epiphany about this, and the Lord taught me to "DECIDE EARLY"... so even with my eating, I "decide early" what I want to do. That is why I make the menu out, because in the Spirit I have decided, and then I write it down, then if my flesh wants something, I tell myself, "NOPE, I already decided this is what I am going to eat and when I am going to eat it." It makes it easier to keep my flesh under control.
I love you guys! Remember "The JOY of the LORD is our strength"!

Trish, if you have a lot of repeats, don't worry about it, maybe those areas need more attention. The Word of God is like a medicine. You put it where you need it.
So say you are having a problem with not being able to forgive someone for something...well, then it doesn't do a lot of good to speak confessions of prosperity over that issue, you should confess things about "I forgive and bless" that person.
I have a lot of repeats, too, even though I am reorganizing, I still have a lot of repeats, lol...even though I try not to, but the thing is, I figure that maybe I need to speak that more over my life anyway.
Then I have a huge list, which is what it sounds like you do, too, that I speak over myself. (I have a lot of areas that need God's work!! ).
Bootsie, we are still getting so much rain, was wondering if you are, too?

Last edited by Ryanne; 10-13-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:21 AM   #116  

Good Morning Girls,

This will be a quick one as I have a busy day and up early considering I went to bed at almost 4 am, but late for all I need to do. Washing clothes, running dishwasher which I only do when I have full loads of both. With just 2 of us that doesn't roll around at convinient times every time. We are going to both Walmart and Home Depot. So will be a busy day.

Liked what you said about planning to enjoy your day first thing in the morning. Tony told me last night that we would eat at Steak & Shake. So I went online before I went to bed and checked their menu and already have planned what I'm going to eat. Grilled chicken salad goes perfect with my low carb way of eat. I'm not calling it a diet, because I feel it is just the way I eat now. The word "diet" indicates something you do just to lose weight and then go back to your old way of eating. As Christians we are not to go back to our "old" way of doing things. We are "new" creatures in Christ Jesus which means "new ways" of doing everything.

I had some other comments, but need to get to my devotional time and confessions. Ryanne you have a great influence on me. Thanks again. Tony and I just watched a 4 hour dvd of Joyce Meyer's of Battlefield of the Mind. So I'm going to get my book out and read it again. I just keep adding more to read. But that is okay as I believe that is the leading of the Lord.

Have a great blessed day. I'll try to get back here later.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #117  
Believe!

Talking Battlefield of the Mind...

That is a really good one. I told my husband I want to build my collection back up. My youngest daughter said she has one of my Joyce Meyer books, and she will bring it next week after her visit with her dad, and my son has a couple of my books, if he is using them, I will let it be and just buy them again. I know our library has a lot of Joyce Meyer books, so I could check some out for free. So that may be an option for me, too...since we are watching our pennies.
I agree, I am not "dieting" or on a "diet" either. It is the way I eat and will continue to eat, for I do believe it is God's plan for me.
I am still writing my confessions, I am saying them as I am writing them so I get it established on earth as well as the tablet of my heart.
I like what Joyce says about that, our tongue is the pen and our heart is our tablet.
Reminds me to not speak negatively and only positively.
Well, sounds like you do have a busy day. It's good you looked ahead to see what was on the menu. It does make it so much easier to decide in the Spirit ahead of time, and just stick to it, no matter what the flesh wants. Following my flesh never got me anything but death.
I'm so glad that we have the Gift of the Holy Spirit living on the inside of us. We are sooooo blessed! This is an exciting time in history! Alot of people say that they wish that they could have been around when Jesus walked on this earth, but they don't realize what an exciting time THIS IS with the Holy Spirit LIVING AND WORKING through all of us believers! Amazing Stuff!
In Him,
Your Sister,
Old 10-13-2009, 03:07 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

It is strange how God is leading us in all directions in how we are changing our way of eating. Me I need control, yes Jesus gives me control but I need to support for control. In the country, even though you have friends all they do is talk about getting healthy and never take the first step. So I am following with five plans, I am reading Joyce Meyers book, gosh I wish she would join us! Reading the Bible. I am following Dr. Phils plans and posting in his site in the 25 pound to loose section even though I really need to loose 50 pounds. I just don't want to make my goal to large, really should of went into the 10 pound range.

I should of said 6 things because I am also studying The diet Alternative, by Diane Hampton, is which what we are doing. She says in her book page 22: A drunk can be obnoxious disruptive, or abusive. A glutton seldom is. He is a person with a gentle disposition and a tender heart. But he is hurting inside just as much, he is hurting his body just as much, and he needs miistering just as much. A drunk does not hesitate to ask for counseling, help, or prayer: but where does a glutton go? Most people look the other way or tell their children not to say anything about how fat so and so is. We even bring them candy or fix their favorite foods.

She hit home there! I find that so true in my life. My husband needs to lose weight to or I am afraid when he gets in the hay fields he is going to kill over. I love him and would love to keep him around for a while. I told him this last night and hopes he shares all the cookies and candy coming to him these next 3 months , for he needs to loose at least 125 pounds. Please pray for him.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:25 PM   #119  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Hello

This is my first post on this thread as I just got saved recently. I am excited to be here and get to know all of you. My name is Julia and I am 28.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:57 PM   #120  
Believe!

Smile Wow Bootsie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsie View Post
She says in her book page 22: A drunk can be obnoxious disruptive, or abusive. A glutton seldom is. He is a person with a gentle disposition and a tender heart. But he is hurting inside just as much, he is hurting his body just as much, and he needs miistering just as much. A drunk does not hesitate to ask for counseling, help, or prayer: but where does a glutton go? Most people look the other way or tell their children not to say anything about how fat so and so is. We even bring them candy or fix their favorite foods.

She hit home there! I find that so true in my life. My husband needs to lose weight to or I am afraid when he gets in the hay fields he is going to kill over. I love him and would love to keep him around for a while. I told him this last night and hopes he shares all the cookies and candy coming to him these next 3 months , for he needs to loose at least 125 pounds. Please pray for him.
It is so true that people carry their hurt all over their body when they use food for comfort, boredom, etc. It is sad. I had to actually repent the other day because I saw a thin woman who was kind of stuck up, and I thought, "wow she is stuck up!" and then I thought: "fat people are nice they are not stuck up". But you know what, it's not true, there are stuck up fat people just as there are nice thin people. I was stereotyping and that is so wrong. I don't want people to think of me like that when I am thin.
Anyway, I did repent and changed my thinking. I tend to "coddle" people who are over weight and my heart goes out to them. I know that it is hard to hurt inside and laugh on the outside.
I will pray for him and you, too, Bootsie. I pray over all of us on this thread.