Old 10-16-2009, 08:22 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanne View Post
I know that is one of the things the Holy Spirit does for us is to "remind us" of stuff that we forget. I am really glad to have the book. It does make sense. I am rereading it tonight, then will put it on a shelf and go back to it, like I said, to stay refreshed in those areas.
I think I am going to do like you said in another post. I'm going to read it over and over again, because it does make so much sense. Her ideas are so similar to Intuitive Eating along with balance and healthy eating etc.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #137  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Wink Trish, Thank You...

Thank you for sharing your story. Isn't it amazing how God leads us? I'm glad you have Tony and that his family loves you.
It's very difficult to go through the hard times, and thank God he helps us to be able to smile and enjoy life once again. Sometimes the hurt is still there, I know, but God is sooo merciful.
I'm glad I can enjoy life once again.
I'm so glad you are here with me and that I have you for a friend.

About Eat and Stay thin: Yes Joyce is very practical and God does have a specific way he wants each of us to eat.
I think it's good that she stresses "eat freely of the things "GOD" created". That is very helpful, although we can treat ourselves once in a while to something that isn't really of nutritional value, it is good to eat good healthy foods most of the time.

Last edited by Ryanne; 10-16-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:36 PM   #138  
Believe!

Smile Good Morning!

Bootsie, wondering if you are okay. Computer still giving you problems?
Trish, It blessed me to hear your testimony.
Well, this morning, I am cleaning house, doing laundry and confessing Scriptures. I went out for a walk this morning, very chilly but beautiful.
God is so Good.
Well, I guess I will get off the computer and finish up my chores. Husband will be home for lunch soon.
Have a nice Saturday!
Old 10-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #139  

Just a quick flyby to say hi. I got a lot of my laundry done last night even things I usually do on Saturday. This morning I got up and did the things I usually wash on Sunday night after church. I'm thankful to have that done, but I have a lot of house work to do to get my house ready for the holidays. You know that cleaning that we put off doing. Hubby had to go pick up his meds so I went with him to do that too.

Got my devotionals and Bible study done and read some more in Joyce's book. You know I'm just trying to do what she said and keep things balanced. Eat when I'm hungry and stop when statisfied. Ryanne, when you started reading the book, did you feel like it was almost all new to you? There were so many things that I had marked back when I first got the book that I had totally forgotten. Although I low carbed even back then and lost weight I have to say that I lost a lot of that weight doing things she suggested in this book.

Bootsie I hope you are doing okay.

Y'all have a blessed weekend.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #140  
Believe!

Smile Yes, Trish,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattygirl63 View Post
Ryanne, when you started reading the book, did you feel like it was almost all new to you? There were so many things that I had marked back when I first got the book that I had totally forgotten. Although I low carbed even back then and lost weight I have to say that I lost a lot of that weight doing things she suggested in this book.
There were some things I had quite forgotten and some things that I remembered. When I read this before I had lost quite a bit of weight, too, and then went back.
This time I have a different "take" on a lot of it, since God has grown me up some and some of the things make more sense to me now.
I don't think the book is the same as the one I had back then, because I was wanting to refresh in some areas and they weren't in the book. There may be another book out there somewhere or possibly it was on cd that could be possible...because sometimes her teaching cd's are way different than the books.
Anyway, it was some "new" things that I really don't remember and some things I did remember....that is the importance of staying "refreshed" in areas.
We, as humans, forget stuff.
I am glad it was confirmation to me.
Well, have a good evening.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:19 PM   #141  

Quote:
There were some things I had quite forgotten and some things that I remembered. When I read this before I had lost quite a bit of weight, too, and then went back.
This time I have a different "take" on a lot of it, since God has grown me up some and some of the things make more sense to me now.
I don't think the book is the same as the one I had back then, because I was wanting to refresh in some areas and they weren't in the book. There may be another book out there somewhere or possibly it was on cd that could be possible...because sometimes her teaching cd's are way different than the books.
Anyway, it was some "new" things that I really don't remember and some things I did remember....that is the importance of staying "refreshed" in areas.
We, as humans, forget stuff.
I am glad it was confirmation to me.
Well, have a good evening.
There are so many good things that I did 7 years ago when I lost most of this weight. I made it a habit to eat what I wanted but moderately. Never stuffed or overate because I hated the feeling. To teach myself that I didn't have to eat everything on my plate, I would leave just one bite on my plate. I don't know where I got the idea I had to eat it all. I asked Daddy a while back about it because I don't remember them making us eat all the food on our plates and he said "No, they never had that rule". I think that must have come from a time when my first husband was living. There were times when we had plenty of food and then there were times we didn't have much at all. I think when you go hungry that it makes you overeat when you do have food. Also there was a time when married to my 2nd husband and the children were little, that I had $20 a week to feed the 5 of us and I would see to it that they had food since Bill worked and the kids were in school. I didn't work out of the home so I didn't very much. When we got to where food was plentiful, I ate too much and then the yo-yo dieting started.

Could you have been thinking of her book Look Great Feel Great 12 Keys to Enjoying a Healthy Life Now. I just looked at it and the book we are reading now seems to tell us why we do certain overeat etc. I just got the other book out and just from looking at the Table of Contents, it seems to tell us things we need to do to be healthy. So maybe it was the one you were thinking of. I plan to finish reading Eat & Stay Thin book tomorrow or Monday. I don't know if we are having Bible study tomorrow night or not, if not I will finish it tomorrow and then start the Look Great Feel Great book Monday.

I'm still watching the carbs although I am adding in good carbs moderately and then eating more fruits, veggies and protiein. I realize that it is important to have the balance of good foods.

I don't catch you tomorrow. Have a wonderfully, blessed Sunday and I will be back Monday.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:49 AM   #142  
Believe!

Smile You may be right...

It very well could be that book, Trish. I used to have most of her books, and some of the teaching cd's...so you may be right, anyway, I am gleaning a lot of good out of this book. I am watching sat fats, too much salt and too much sugar.
One thing I wanted to mention, is the drinking of water. Yesterday, I was searching for something about Kenneth Copeland, and came across something else, but it was about water, which stated that being dehydrated can cause dizziness. So anyway, basically, it said about drinking the 8 glasses of water per day, but then it said something about drinking an extra 2 glasses of water for every 25 lbs. you are overweight. Anyways, I went and got a 33 oz. water bottle, and figured I will drink 3 of those per day...I will make sure I drink 33 oz. in the morning, another 33 oz. in the afternoon and another 33 oz. in the evening. I KNOW I haven't been drinking enough water.
" When you are led by the Holy Spirit you won't fulfill the lust of the flesh." I like this.
I ask Him to help me to be led by Him.
Well, I will probably be back on later. Have a GREAT DAY!!!
Old 10-18-2009, 04:44 PM   #143  

Ryanne, thanks for sharing about the water. I must not have drank enough yesterday. I got up this morning and felt dizzy and wondered what in the world was going on. Had to just stand stand there a few minutes to let adjust to feeling normal again. I had been sleeping harder than usually so it could have been a combination. I usually drink at least 2 or 3 32 oz bottles of water everyday besides the other things that I drink.

I finished Eat and Stay Thin and started reading the Introduction in the other book. Very enlighting. It is so interesting to learn how much God wants to help us do this. I don't know why I always thought God would help me with other problems I had, but never thought of Him wanting to work with me in this area as well. What a wonderful revelation this has been.

Quote:
" When you are led by the Holy Spirit you won't fulfill the lust of the flesh." I like this. I ask Him to help me to be led by Him.
Amen! Must have been the scripture for today. I read this during devotional this morning. We need to remember who we really are because of Who lives inside of us.

Have a great evening, Sister.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:18 PM   #144  
Believe!

Talking I just want to tell you guys how much I appreciate you and love you!

And YES, GOD WANTS TO HELP US AND HE DOES HELP US!!! IF He is for us, then who can be against us???? NO ONE! God is in control and we can TRUST HIM!!!
Old 10-18-2009, 10:01 PM   #145  

Quote:
And YES, GOD WANTS TO HELP US AND HE DOES HELP US!!! IF He is for us, then who can be against us???? NO ONE! God is in control and we can TRUST HIM!!!
AMEN!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 12:38 PM   #146  
Believe!

Talking Because of Jesus!

Because of Jesus we were put into right-standing with God. We were made whole and loosed. Everything is past tense, because it is already done! Speak words of faith! IT IS FINISHED! By HIS STRIPES YE WERE HEALED! Start speaking life and faith to your bodies.
It is already done, you are already free. You are free to make your decision to follow the Holy Spirit and not your mere flesh.
You are free to make good choices. You are free! Whom the LORD HAS SET FREE is FREE INDEED! You are free indeed!
Walk and live in your freedom! Healing is not something you need to "get"...it is already done. Thank God that you already are healed and free and that your body is in line with the WORD OF GOD!
Peace and be Still.... God is in control. He made your body and sure knows how to fix it! He loves us a very lot!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #147  

That is so true Ryanne. This morning in my Bible reading time I was reading where the priest told David "Don't stay in the stronghold". As I read that, I remember how we used to wonder what a stronghold and how we got free from it. It was as if the Lord spoke to me and said "Don't stay in this stronghold any longer". What and where is the stronghold. The stronghold is in my mind. For 44+ years, I have lived in the stronghold of "diet" thinking food all the time.

As we begin to renew our minds by reading, studying, speaking and meditating on the Word of God, we are being loosed from the stronghold Satan has had on us. That is how Jesus sets us free, through our faith in His Word. I also believe that if we have no faith or very little when we first start speaking that Word that it won't matter. Because God promised that His Word would not return to Him void, I believe that the more that we speak the Word concerning our weight or any other problem that eventually that Word will take route in our hearts and become fruitful to do what it is sent forth to do.

Hope you're having a great day.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #148  
Believe!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattygirl63 View Post
That is so true Ryanne. This morning in my Bible reading time I was reading where the priest told David "Don't stay in the stronghold". As I read that, I remember how we used to wonder what a stronghold and how we got free from it. It was as if the Lord spoke to me and said "Don't stay in this stronghold any longer". What and where is the stronghold. The stronghold is in my mind. For 44+ years, I have lived in the stronghold of "diet" thinking food all the time.

As we begin to renew our minds by reading, studying, speaking and meditating on the Word of God, we are being loosed from the stronghold Satan has had on us. That is how Jesus sets us free, through our faith in His Word. I also believe that if we have no faith or very little when we first start speaking that Word that it won't matter. Because God promised that His Word would not return to Him void, I believe that the more that we speak the Word concerning our weight or any other problem that eventually that Word will take route in our hearts and become fruitful to do what it is sent forth to do.

Hope you're having a great day.

Here is something from Joyce Meyer on her Healing Scriptures...You can get this on her website. It's free.

"Proverbs 4:20-22 says, My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not*depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life to those that find them, and health to all their flesh. (KJV)

The Hebrew word for “health” in verse 22 is “medicine.” God’s Word is medicine to all our flesh. Isaac Leeser’s translation of Exodus 15:26 reads, I the Lord am thy physician. The medicine He*prescribes is His Word.

Many make the mistake of substituting belief in healing for the actual taking of God’s*medicine – His Word. They say, “I believe in*healing” without actually taking the*medicine. What good would*it do for you to believe in food if you didn’t eat it? You would*starve. What good would it do*for*you to believe in water if*you didn’t actually drink*any? You would die of thirst.

God’s Word is His medicine. There are several parallels between God’s medicine and natural medicine.

First: God’s Word is a healing agent, just as natural medicine is a healing agent or catalyst. In other*words, the medicine itself contains the capacity to produce healing. Inherent within God’s Word is the capacity, the energy, the ability, and the nature to effect healing in your body."

Then she says: The Word itself contains the power to produce what it says. Just as when God said, “Let there be light” and there was light, healing Scriptures contain within them the capacity to produce healing.

The key to partaking of the life and healing energy in the Word is feeding on it until it penetrates your spirit where it deposits that life and energy.

Second: We might say that medicine is no respector of persons. It will work for anyone who takes*it. It is not a matter of if God is willing or not willing to heal any individual, but whether or*not the*individual will receive healing by taking the medicine that produces it.

Third, and most important: Medicine must be taken according to directions to be effective. Some medicine labels read, “Take internally”; others say, “Take externally.” To*rub it on your body*externally when the directions say to take it internally will not work. To take it after meals when the directions say take it before meals will reduce its effectiveness. To take it once in a while*when the directions say three times a day will mean limited results, if any. No matter how good the medicine is, it must be taken according to the directions or it won’t work. So it is with God’s medicine. It must be taken according to directions for it to*work. The directions for taking God’s medicine are found in:

Proverbs 4:20-21 – Attend to them, incline your ear to them, don’t let them depart from before your eyes, and keep them in the midst of your heart.

We might say that attending to them, inclining your ear to them, and*keeping them before your eyes*causes the Word to get into the midst of your heart. Notice this: It is only as God’s Words get*in the*midst of your heart and stay there that they produce healing in your body. Head knowledge won’t do. They are going to have to penetrate to your spirit through meditation – attending, hearing, looking, muttering, musing, pondering – to produce healing in your*body. But*once they do penetrate, they will surely bring health*to all your flesh. … let them penetrate deep within your heart. (Living Bible)

You can see again that God’s way of healing is spiritual. Power is ministered first to your spirit,*then distributed to your body. God’s medicine must be taken internally. Listen, instead of*wondering whether you have enough faith to be healed, just take the medicine. This handout contains Healing Scriptures. Feed on them several times a day, repeating them over and over again*to yourself. The medicine itself will work if you will get it inside of you.

Fourth: Remember that it takes time for medicine to work. Most people give natural medicine a*lot*of time, patience, and money to work. They take the prescription back for refills and more refills. They are diligent about it. They don’t just take one dose and expect a miracle. Keep taking God’s medicine. Give it time to work.

Take your medicine. Say these Scriptures to yourself. Think on what you’re saying in your heart. Use them in praise to the Father. His Word is medicine to all your flesh.

***Here is a link*** http://www.joycemeyer.org/OurMinistr...%3E&print=true

Last edited by Ryanne; 10-19-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #149  
Believe!

Smile This is from the book "Eat and Stay Thin" by Joyce Meyer.

I like this and I thought it would be helpful to others.

Part 2: The Truth Will Make You Free!
Pg. 59 Lack of Knowledge
In regard to eating, lack of knowledge leads to poor food choices. Food with high fat, salt , calorie and cholesterol content is the culprit behind many an overweight body. Many people overeat or become overweight simply because they don't have proper understanding of what they are putting in their bodies. They fill themselves with foods that have no nutritional value so they do not satisfy their real hunger.
Pg. 60 As a result they go around constantly looking for something to eat because they don't feel satisfied.
GET EDUCATED!
1 Cor. 10:1 "For I don't want you to be ignorant..." KNOW what you are putting in your body! Eat foods that satisfy you instead of eating great quantities of what you consider "diet foods" that leave you hungry.
Pg. 61 It is amazing what you will turn down if you will just start reading the labels to see what you are about to put in your body. Yet many people eat all kinds of things like that and never even bother to read the label. That is part of what God means when He says that His people are destroyed because of a lack of knowledge.
Pg. 62 GET OFF THE DIET-GO-ROUND!
2 Pet 2:19 "...a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him."
Pg. 63 You are supposed to do normal things. You are supposed to eat balanced meals, you are supposed to eat a little bit of everything you need without overdoing it. You are supposed to exercise enough to burn off what you eat so it doesn't just stay on you.
Healthy eating is the key. If you have to go around with food on your mind all the time, counting everything you eat, and worrying about everything you eat, that is bondage.
Pg. 65 It doesn't matter how thin a person is, if you have food on your mind all the time, you are in bondage just as much as if you have to count every calorie that goes into your mouth.
The real issue is not thin versus fat, it is bondage versus freedom. God does not want His children to be in bondage to anything. That's why He sent His Son, Jesus, to set us free. John 8:36 says that "Whom the Son has set free is free indeed!"
Pg. 66 GET YOUR MIND OFF FOOD!
Rom. 8:14 "For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God." As Christians we are free to be led by the Spirit, not by the latest fad diet.
Pg. 67 We need to get educated and STAY INFORMED about food and proper nutrition.
Just as we turn to the Bible when we start getting into trouble with anger or some other harmful emotion, so we have to return to good books on nutrition to return to what we know about proper eating habits. Stay educated and stay confident."

I thought that would be helpful and practical. I know for me, it makes sense to eat when I am hungry and to choose something nutritious so that I don't just feel hungry or unsatisfied. The nutritious things are things our bodies can actually use, and not just have to store, because there is no nutritional value.
Once in a while I like chocolate, well I don't eat it every day or even that often, but when I do, I choose a good dark chocolate that would have a lot of antioxidants and monounsaturated fat value.
I wouldn't choose milk chocolate. (Although I might have something for a "treat once in a great while".
But you see what I mean? Anyway, hope this helps you as it did me.

Last edited by Ryanne; 10-20-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:18 PM   #150  

Ryanne Great posts. Isn't it wonderfully, marvelous that our Father God had given us the answers to ALL of our problems and they were there in front of us all the time.

I was thinking this morning about how many times I went to church where I was told what I was supposed to do or should do to be a Christian, but know one ever told me how to do it. My life went to **** in a hand basket for years while I tried with all my might to live like I thought I was supposed to live only to fall flat on my face. I saw so many people in church who taught all these things, but they were not living a successful Christian life either. If I had not loved the Lord so strongly, I would have given up.

I bless the day that God brought ministers like Kenneth E. Hagin, Joyce Meyer, Kenneth Copeland, Jesse Duplantis and Creflo Dollar. These people changed my life when I learned that I could change my life by confessing the Word and speaking according to the Word of God. It helps to also realize that as we submit our lives to God, He will work the changes in us. Jesus actually helps us change because we cannot do it on our own no matter how much we try.

My heart went out to the Father today as I thought of all the times that I cried out to God because I wanted to stop doing things I knew didn't please him but didn't know how. I know there are many people out there who probably born again as I was, but had no power to live the life God wanted me to live. Then I realized, I had the power in me because I was born again. I just didn't know I had the power and wouldn't have known how to use it if I had known that I had it. I pray that God will lead those people to those who can help them so they don't have to go down the path I did.

What a difference it makes when "We know the truth as it really does set us free".

I see we have a lot of lurkers. Please feel free to jump in and share your thoughts with us and what the Lord has taught you.

Have a blessed day Everybody.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 10-20-2009 at 01:20 PM.