3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers-September (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/180809-christian-encouragers-september.html)

CountingDown 09-15-2009 10:42 PM

Quick fly-by. Worked late, retirement seminar at the hospital afterward, then chaired 3 hour church admin council meeting.
I'm dog-tired and ready for bed.

Blessings all!
Prayers ascending!

Laurie :scooter:

EZMONEY 09-15-2009 10:48 PM

I am tired too....but it isn't even 8 o'clock here yet

pattygirl63 09-15-2009 11:09 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick flyby as I need to get to bed as I have busy day tomorrow and won't get here in the morning.. Just wanted to drop by and say that I haven't forgotten you guys. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Things are going good. I'm staying OP so that is in my favor. I who didn't want to count anything am now counting calories... thanks to Kellie and her Bible study.
I'll be back when I can to catch up.
Yall have a great Wednesday.

suga0so0fly09 09-16-2009 01:36 PM

Como estan? ( How are you)

Hope everyone is doing well and staying blessed. Its been crazy at work. I was by myself last week and the beginning of this week. I was pretty overwhelmed but I made it through. My co-worker caught the bug that's been going around. Glad she is back! Anyway. Just wanted to drop by and say hi.

God Bless,
Suga :)

Justwant2Bhealthy 09-16-2009 04:12 PM

:wave: HI EVERYONE ~ we have had a beautiful :sunny: day here today with cool (but nice) temps, so we decided to wash our windows for the fall; that took most of the morning. This afternoon I worked on curtains for the bathroom of the trailer; they are all cut up, just have to do the finishing and trim.

The mechanic called and he does think the problem is the manifold and he verified that since we just put it in last fall, it is still under warranty, so it will be replaced for free; that leaves us just the labor costs, which are enuff really -- but hopefully that is all it will be. The parts will be in tomorrow and they will be able to do the work tomorrow as well.

DH just came back from helping a friend with some plumbing in their house; he's earning a lot of gold stars with GOD for all the favors and help he gives to others, and I'm sure GOD will bless him for it ...

We're having whole wheat pasta (spagetti) and mini-meatballs for dinner tonight; had a good OP day too. Got lots of exercise in doing the windows, doors, etc this AM (kudos for that); it all counts since it's extra stuff we don't do on a regular basis.

Glad to hear that you are all doing so well, albeit a bit tired from working and playing so hard. Take good care of yourselves though and have a good evening ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Phoenixk26 09-16-2009 05:30 PM

Drats!

Okay, its been two days since weigh in and I can now actually accept it. Since I first signed up for this site I have gained five pounds! To say I was not a happy camper doesn't begin to describe me. However, I am THRILLED the Biggest Loser is back on as it motivates me like nobody's business. It also helps that work is picking up now. Less time to snack. My biggest downfall is getting back into the swing of walking. I just don't want to give up the time for it but I have got to.

Today was a great day, not as wet as yesterday. DD has to go to rehearsal tonite so I'm on my own for a few hours (I'm going to the gym:carrot:). After that, it's bedtime. I think my wacky sleep schedule has caused me as much trouble as anything.

Well, gotta run. By the way Laurie, I love the "prayers ascending" tagline. It just makes me feel good!

CountingDown 09-16-2009 09:02 PM

Phoenix - thanks! Don't worry about those lbs - just stay OP and they will disappear. One reason I weigh myself daily is so that I don't freak with those GAINS. They happen to all of us. In fact - my normally totally stable weight has been up and down over a 3 lb. swing this week. But I KNOW it isn't because I'm off plan, so those lbs will go - hopefully as fast as they came :D

Rosebud - glad the car part is under warranty. I'm praying that the labor costs are not too much of a burden. I'm so proud of your staying on plan progress. You are such an inspiration!!!

Suga - we have one of our techies out on a long-term illness right now - I totally feel your business! I'm trying to stay sane, myself. :hug:

Trish - Gary - Hiya!

And, hello to everyone else as well.

Another crazy day in my life. Work, then on to church for ANOTHER meeting. Being lay leader can be a pain sometimes. But, as usual - the meeting was productive and we are moving forward - doing the minstry and mission God has called us to do. So, even though I have less time to spend with all of you, it has been a good day.

Blessings to each and every one of you!
And - prayers ARE ascending for each of you (and yours) as well!

Laurie :scooter: (FYI - the weather is gorgeous and I'm doing a LOT of scooting these days - which is a GREAT way to enjoy the glorious surroundings that God has provided) :D

EZMONEY 09-16-2009 09:43 PM

HI GALS ~

Well it was a tough day here for my family. My sister was officially diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer....I posted in Prayer Warriors....:(

Life goes on though doesn't it?! God is good....it is something we always need to remember, even when the going gets tough!

Work has been hectic again....what's new :D However it should ease a gain for me in a day or two.

Angie is over at church teaching her yoga....I have fajitas and black beans warming up on the stove. I continue to make the same meals I did when the kids were here so I always have leftovers in the freezer for nights when I work late and Angie is off to yoga somewhere....church....school...hospital....she is quite popular :)

SCOOTER ~ No burn-outs allowed! :hug:

PHOENIX ~ I went through a rough divorce 20 years ago...one day we'll chat! Things will work out for you :)

ROSEBUD ~ I bet that car has more prayers on it than miles now!! :D

COURTNEY ~ :carrot: HI!!!! :carrot:

WILMA ~ Where are you?

SUGA ~ Watch that work stress :hug:

KAREN ~ How is the pool coming?

BARGOO ~ :hug: Thanks for the "prayers"

TRISH ~ Just keep stopping by!

KELLI ~ looks like the study is doing great!!

BOOTSIE ~ Love the new avatar....rain still coming? What dog did you walk today? :)

BEV ~ CRYSTALLINA ~ AND ALL :)

CountingDown 09-16-2009 09:58 PM

Gary - prayers ascending for your sister and family :hug:
God IS an awesome God - and may his will be done. May your family have peace and feel God's presence as you move through this very difficult time.

Karen31 09-16-2009 09:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Gary so sorry to hear about your sister. You and yours are in my prayers. Sometimes life seems so unfair. But HE must have bigger plans.

They have most all the "stuff" out of the bottom of the pool now. And they have taken the borders off from all around the top of the pool so it is looking a little more ugly now. But they should be finished in about 3 weeks. I just tried to post a picture of the liner pattern I chose but it says it is too big for the site and I don't know how to change the size. But it is called Natural /Stone.Breakwater. The top edge of the pool looks like stone work and the sides and bottom look like a blue marble. I'm pretty excited.

Now I think I need to get in on another challenge to get ready for Spring/Summer! I put on about 15 pounds since the move and all that happened since then, so need to grab a hold of the reins and take control once again.

Hello to everyone. I will try to get back in the next couple days for more personals.
Prayers for all and God Bless you.

Justwant2Bhealthy 09-16-2009 11:15 PM

GARY ~ yes, our car has so many prayers under it that it should be flying by now ... :lol: We are lifting your sister Annie and her family; plus you and your family up in prayer as well! May GOD bless you all with peace and comfort at this time ...:hug:

THANKS LAURIE ~ I am trying hard to find ways to shave off a few calories here and there, and to burn more energy each day any way I can. The new meds I am on are helping me to feel better and I am trying to take advantage of that too.

PHEONIX ~ I agree with Laurie; I often go up and down with water weight. Just try for one meal at a time, one snack at at time, and one day at a time -- and you are back on track again ... just keep going ...:hug:

HI KAREN ~ nice to see you back here; sure missed you and your pleasant posts. That pool sounds wonderful -- so glad for you ... keep us posted! We love pics ...

^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ... :hug:ROSEBUD :hug:

ronni62 09-17-2009 10:29 AM

Hi, everyone! Nice morning here-warm, no rain, but could use some soon.

Gary-:hug: and prayers for your sis and your family. God & your love for each other will get you all through this. You've been a rock and inspiration for all of us here and I know we all want to help support you and yours.

Rosebud-very glad that the car parts are under warranty. Cars and their issues can make a person crazy! Unfortunately, all of ours a well beyond any kind of warranty...DH has 2 waiting for repairs right now, but has to fix the brake line on his '90 Ranger pickup first, as it broke while he was hauling stuff the other day and we have more stuff to haul! Plus, his car needs new tires-time to try selling something on ebay-lol!

Karen-a pool would be very cool! Your design sounds pretty. Here home pools are just impractical, since warm weather seems to only last about 2 1/2 months:p, but it sure would be nice to be able to exercise in a pool on a regular basis-that's why we're hoping to retire somewhere further south!

Phoenix-those ups and downs happen, like Laurie said. It takes time to tweak the plan, so to speak, and I also weigh every day to see how things I eat affect me (anything salty, like chips or football game popcorn, really makes me puff up). The worst thing you can do is beat yourself up over it, though. :hug:

Well, this week (the 15th) was one year since I started this journey. I'm so glad I found 3fc and the group of people here who gave me the courage to try one more time. I was on 3fc quite a while before committing to doing anything again to lose the weight. Now, after losing over 70 pounds, I've been on a stall for most of the summer, partly due to traveling for family issues and partly due to my problem of turning to food when I'm upset, so now it's time to get back down to business. I know God has helped me change my bad habits and lazy lifestyle, but He wants me to keep relying on Him and complete this mission. I have to remember that food is NOT a friend to turn to for comfort. Only Jesus and His followers can provide the comfort I need when times are tough. I'm so thankful that He kept me from falling back into ALL of my old bad habits during this summer, like drinking 6 cans of coke a day-aaaaaack! But, I'm sorry Schwan's, I won't be buying as much of your frozen yogurt from now on:lol:!

Thanks, everyone. I just needed to get this down in writing as a more solid commitment. Prayers for you all! Have a great day!

Justwant2Bhealthy 09-17-2009 08:15 PM

HI RONNIE ~ nice to see you drop by and with such a renewed committment to continue on your road to good health. You have done really well, and should be very proud of yourself; just consider that stressful summer as a holiday, and starting fresh this fall is a good idea. I am still tweaking my plan to improve things even more, by learning from other's successes.

Yes, vehicles can sure cause so many issues for us; I think DH and I have just finally come to accept that "have cars -- have repair bills" ... we sure know how you feel. DH says that you could try and find some good used tires from a garage or just buy 2 at a time; our car will need some new ones soon too. We keep telling ourselves that this is better than a car payment but there are moments we wonder ... :lol:

We started out with :sunny: today, but dark clouds rolled in and we have had :rain: since the afternoon; maybe these clouds will go south after they replenish the earth and gardens here. We had leftovers for dinner: I had roasted veggies with chicken breast and DH had same with roast pork and new tators. I had a small romaine salad for my appetizer, and that filled me up so that I ate less for dinner.

Now I am off to do a bit more exercise; did my toners this AM and some hand weights this aft. Then will have some tea and do some hand sewing of my curtains again tonight; it is very relaxing sewing by hand -- I actually prefer it and I can rest my legs at the same time.

Hope you ALL have a FABULOUS FRIDAY tomorrow!:hug:ROSEBUD:hug: ^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ...

EZMONEY 09-17-2009 09:16 PM

I love you gals!!!

EDIT....Angie can see my posts....still no problem!

pattygirl63 09-17-2009 09:34 PM

Another quick one here to say hello. So busy with Bible studies. Starting week 7 of Kellie's Diet Bible study next week. Started BSF this past Wednesday morning. Not getting the usual break between lessons series at Sunday night class. So we start our new series there Sunday night. But I am enjoying it so it is good for me. Trying to hang in there with the diet. Still waiting on results to DH medical tests.

Gary So sorry about your sister. I will continue to keep her and your family in my prayers.

Hope everyone else is doing fine. Y'all are always in my prayers.

Toodles till later.