3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers-September (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/180809-christian-encouragers-september.html)

ronni62 09-02-2009 09:22 AM

Christian Encouragers-September

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvellous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.
_

ronni62 09-02-2009 09:44 AM

Hi, Everyone! I decided to take matters in my own hands this morning, since it's already the 2nd and we were still posting in last month's thread! So glad to hear of blessings and answered prayers in the last couple days.

Rosebud-glad your DH is doing better! And, that God provided help when the need arose. You've been in my thoughts and prayers:hug:

Gary-glad you're feeling better and are not in the fire zones. That must be so terrible to see all that destruction so close to where you are, though. You and your family (sister and all) are in my prayers. As we've found out, cancer affects so many others than just the patient.

Laurie-hope your day goes well. Don't get too worn out or you'll be catching all the bugs once the kids get back to school! My dad used to teach teachers at NKU a long time ago.....

Bootsie-still praying for rains and for God to confuse those coyotes and send them elsewhere. We hear them here a lot, but haven't heard of any in town in the past year. Now, someone had to kill a 7 foot black bear only about 3 miles from here this spring-it came up in their farmyard and was coming after the farmer. Fortunately (for him, not the bear) he had his gun nearby.

Well, hi to everyone else, too! We've got a lot to do today-trying to get stuff up to mom's for our yard sale and the boys have youth groups tonight. Keeping busy helps keep the mind off the troubles, you know (you can read about some of that in the prayer thread so I won't go over it again here). Our weather has been so nice, DS3 and I have been going out to walk every day -well, I walk and he rides his bike, frequently circling around me like a satellite as we go down the street:lol: He's just goofy sometimes!

You all have a great day! Prayers for blessings for all!

pattygirl63 09-02-2009 03:21 PM

Good afternoon Everyone,

Gary ~ Glad you are feeling better and pray that you will be back to yourself very soon. Also glad you are all that close to the fires.

Rosebud ~ Glad God sent the help you need. I love how God has a way of doing that. Good for you staying OP in spite of the ordeal thrown your way.

Ronni ~ Prayers coming your way.

Yesterday was supposed to be my monthly WI, but did it today. I lost 5.5 lbs which I thank God for.

Bootsie ~ Still praying for that rain. I saw on tv yesterday where a guy in Austin said he was in the shower and soaped up, turn on the water to rinse off and had no water. So I understand it is really bad there. Hope things aren't that bad where you are.

Kellie, Laurie and Everyone else I pray all is well with you.

Have good afternoon and evening. Prayers for all of you are continued.

Bootsie 09-02-2009 03:45 PM

It is not that bad yet here our wells are pumping into tanks and I watch them and keep the tanks full. I have one for an emergency if we do run out of water ,use the water out of it every 6 months to keep the water good, one for the house and animals and one for the animals but the water is getting a-lot of lime in it so we are close to the bottom and am afraid we will run out just like everyone else is, someday. So far the Lord has kept it going , I water once a week my flowers which are not much and use the water from the washing machine to water the plants, the soap helps keep fire ants out of them. There is nothing wrong with the water even old tea & coffee they get, that really gives them some get up and go. They don't like diet drinks though.

EZMONEY 09-02-2009 09:46 PM

Thanks RONNI for starting September....I am pretty sure I will never have to keep this thread going on my own...with WILMA's help of course!

We have been blessed to have so many friends here in recent years!

I can't show what I wanted to show you all from my job....the artist didn't take down his templetes so I didn't take the picture...it can wait.

Work is getting just a bit easier....finally!....for me at least...maybe not for my boss. He did come into the building a few times today to "kiss up" for being a jerk recently. I told him I knew he was under a lot of pressure...who wouldn't be building a 30 million $$$ building!

Feeling a bit better yet today...almost normal I think.

Angie is just coming home from teaching yoga at church....I can hear the garage door opening...so I will say bye and go have leftover enchiladas with my wife...

Peace and Prayers to all of you ~ Gary

CountingDown 09-02-2009 09:56 PM

Thanks Trish!

Gary -glad you are feeling better! I DO want to see pics of your project when you can get them!!!

Rosebud - thanks! Prayers continuing for you!

Ronni - thanks for starting the new thread :D

Bootsie - prayers for rain continuing!

Another crazy day here. I trained secretaries all day on the new software, and then headed over to another church in town (Christian Reformed) to do a session on PowerPoint in the worship setting. I finally got home - I'm pooped!

Prayers continuing for all!

Laurie :scooter:

Bootsie 09-03-2009 02:35 AM

The coyotes passed by this morning about 6 AM but now we have a convict on the loose and has a gun. Located the car he stole in kale Texas, but the car he stole was the house by my Uncle in Liberty Hill! Yikes!
I seen a video of coyotes in California coming into town and killing dogs and cats,digging into garbage etc.. Ronni, I think if I seen a black Bear coming toward me ,I would find the strength to run! They say a mountain lion has been sighted around here and something was getting my brother-in-laws goats and dragging them out of the pen, no sign of anything!

Thanks for all the prayers, mostly appreciated , but when the weather comes on I walk out it is so depressing,having a hard time staying on my menu and doing my exercise. I must stay on track but this is not easy! Sounds like you might be feeling better Gary hope so, prayers here for your sister.

Kelli 09-03-2009 08:30 AM

Bootsie,

Trust Jesus! We have a battle going on in our hearts and minds at all times. Two forces one good one evil. We have the flesh part of us, who only wants to satisfy the lust of the flesh. Then we have the spirit part of us, who only wants to satisfy the Holy Spirit.

Mark 14:38 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

Right now the flesh part of you is stronger than the spirit part of you. The only way for your spirit to become stronger, is by taking steps to strengthen it. You are doing what God wants you to do, by staying in His Word and fellowshipping with other Christians on this site. Keep that up! Even if you have a set back, you’re not starting back at the beginning. Each time you do try and succeed your spirit becomes stronger than your flesh. Each time you pray, each time you fast, each time you praise Jesus, each time your spirit wins over your flesh, each time you have a victory, every time you get back up after a fall, you build those spirit muscles... Keep at it DON'T GIVE UP!!!!

Go after Satan like you do the coyotes, only not with a stick, but with the Word. It hurts Satan when you use the Word on Him like Jesus did when He was being tempted! Use the authority you have in Christ, through His Word.

Sorry, I don't have time for personals right now, will be back tonight, Love you all!
Love, Kelli

Bootsie 09-03-2009 10:54 AM

Thank You so much Kelli for taking the time to give me a for GOOD CHRISTIAN KICK this morning, I needed it badly. I am driving by but wanted to check in will be back later. I am late got to go feed the animals, they are going to fire me! Ha!

pattygirl63 09-03-2009 12:58 PM

Quick flyby for now. Just wanted to say hello and I am praying for everyone as well.

Till later,

Justwant2Bhealthy 09-03-2009 04:16 PM

HI EVERYONE ~ well, I tried to come in an do a post last night, but my PC kept going off on me. It turned out to be that our power bar had a glitch in it. We started having trouble a few days ago where my PC would just go on and off by itself ... and we thought ... oooweeooo ... spooky ... :lol: Anyways, this AM, we tried a new power bar and so far things seem to be back to normal again.

EDIT TO ADD ~ DH just opened up the power bar and showed me that the bar was shorting out; I could smell the burnt wire as soon as he opened it. Boy, we are sure blessed that we noticed that becuz if that happened at night, it could have caused a fire. PTL and thank you GOD for protecting us from harm ... DH says that the power bar should have kicked off permanently as it is supposed to do that ... eeks!

OUR DILAMMA (jk) ~ We had some stuff put away in storage, but had to move it quickly as the owner sold the place, and turned the keys over to the buyer on Tuesday, but didn't tell us until late Tuesday afternoon. Usually one has 30 days to remove your stuff, but the new owners wanted the space right away. So we went out Tuesday night, and someone came by and helped us. Then we went back Wednesday AM, and got the rest of our stuff
(it all took us only 2-3 hours in total).

The new owners came by and told us that anything that we didn't want, to just leave it there and they would haul it away themselves becuz they had lots of other stuff to take away, which was very kind of them also ...

So GOD answered our prayers for that -- we asked Him for help becuz we didn't know how we could move everything out of there with such a short notice, and all by ourselves. Once again, GOD sent us help, and a whole lot of peace of mind to go along with that too.

DH is building NIKO a dog house with a friendz who likes to do things like this to keep busy. UP until now, he had what is called a lean-to shelter, but a nice dog house is much, much better. DH had to go get some screws for the tin roof, which will last a longer time. His friend is very generous; and is giving him the metal for the roof ... may GOD bless him for his generosity.. We just had to supply the plywood and 2" x 4" wood which thankfully, we already had.

So GOD has been answering our prayers about finding us some really good friends here close to home; plus we are blessed to have such a great group of friends here at 3FC's too ...

The hydro folks came by and put in our new 'SMART METERS' which should help us all to save even more $$$ on our electricity bills, if we use stuff in off-peak times of the day (ie 10 pm to 7 am). We unplug all of our small appliances when they are not in use: like the TV, video & dvd machines, fans, air conditioner, coffee maker, etc. I also unplugged some unnecessary cords and plugs today, as they all draw energy even when you are not using them; and a lot of people don't know that ...

My eating has been very good (credit moi); and I have been doing my daily routine as per usual ... kudos 2 me! The water pills that the doctor has me on is helping to keep the water down in my legs much better; hopefully that will help them heal as well.

Thanks for all your prayers; they sure have been answered very quickly. Hope you all have a wonderful evening ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug: ^PRAYERS^ continuing for you and yours ...

EZMONEY 09-03-2009 07:52 PM

Here are the pictures I promised ~

The pictures are of the dome on the car dealership we are building. The owner is a Christian. I was having a hard time getting the look....the yellow in the pictures is a flat ceiling....all the clouds and blues/whites are in the dome. The scripture is PSALMS 68:34-35....didn't quite get it all in the pic. I will take more of the building...batteries were low.

ENJOY :)

EDIT ~ That is not a hole in God/Jesus's head...it is a fire sprinkler.....guess the artist should have lowered the pic!....wink

CountingDown 09-03-2009 08:47 PM

Just a fly-by tonight - I didn't get much sleep last night (pet issues), but I wanted to let everyone know that I read your posts and prayers are ascending.

Rosebud - glad you were able to get moved out in time.

Gary WOW. Just WOW. I am speechless.

Karen31 09-03-2009 10:02 PM

Gary, That is just absolutely Gorgeous!!! You should be very proud!!!

Prayers going out for everyone! And special hugs to all those who need those "Cyber hugs"!

My son and his wife made a decision to go ahead and take the children back to Colorado to her parents house for the next few months in hopes that they can get jobs, and find work is Florida. Then they can be all set up and be able to go and get the kids on their Winter break. This broke my heart to see them split up their family so that they can try to go to school, work and find a place to live. I am so hoping that it works for them but have also mentioned to them that this may just not be the right time to try and do this. They have had so many obstacles put in their way but seem to have blinders on and can't seem to think of any other way. I am very worried about how things are going to work for them. Saying lots of prayers that the right thing does happen for them-- what ever that will be.

Bootsie 09-03-2009 11:57 PM

Oh Gary that is awesome ,breath taking, love them!