Old 04-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/192/130

Height: 5' 5"

Smile Christian Newbie Intro

I was looking for a place to introduce myself but didn't see one just for intro's. Hope no one minds me starting a thread just this.

My name is Michelle and I'm definitely a Christian. I have 7 children and I homeschool all of the school aged children except 1. Next year I will be homeschooling 6 all together I've been married to my wonderful husband for 16 years and he's generally pretty supportive of me.

I have a lot of weight to lose, and I just signed up for a prepackaged food-mail order plan. Not sure if I'm allowed to tell which one I'm on, lol.

Anyhow, I'm the world's worst dieter. Really. I've only been able to "stick" to a diet on 3 occassions in my whole life...two of those time I managed to stick to it a week and once I managed to stick to it for 2 weeks. I'm really bad at this. Part of the reason I am so terrible at this is because I don't have much time to plan and I SURE don't have time to figure out points, carbs, etc. The other part is that I generally wind up with no motivation very quickly. I wind up thinking, "Eh...I think I'd rather just be fat", lol. But I know for my health's sake I need to do better. So as quick as I lose motivation, I'm thinking about what diet I should do next.

I think I will do better with the premade stuff because I don't have to weigh/measure. I'm don't think it will be difficult to maintain my weight after I've lost it, because I don't generally gain much weight...I eat till "full" and then stop and because I've started exercising. But who knows? I'll keep reading, praying and thinking about my plan to maintain my weight while I'm losing. It's been 16 years since I've been thin (never lost the baby weight after I had my first, and added 10 lbs on with each child).

I just ordered the food today and of course I haven't received it yet, so I've not officially started my diet yet.

Michelle
P31Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 228/173/160

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Welcome to the group. I have only been a member a few weeks and have learned so much about dieting and exercise. I have never been able to stick with diets either but for some reason the last few months I have more of a determination. One thing is I am on the slow loss program. In the past I have tried to set my goals to lose to much too quickly and would get frustrated when that didn't happen.

This time I am trying to lose around 1 - 2s pound a week. Which with 52 weeks in the year, that is pretty good. I have set monthly goals and rewards when I reach them.

Good luck on your diet and with your homeschooling. My sister in law home schools. I don't think I would be patient enough with my own children. (I also am already having trouble with my son's 4th grade math he brings home )

Hang in there!

Lynn160
Lynn160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #3  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Michelle! We love new people here! Come join us on the Christian Encouragers thread if you like. There are lots of neat, supportive Christians sharing prayer, ideas, and encouragement every day.

I also homeschool-2 boys, 11th grade and 7th grade. Nice to have you here!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #4  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

hello there, you very busy mom!
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #5  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

LADIES ~ like RONNI says, we'd love you to join us in the daily Christian Encouragers thread on this faith forum -- drop by sometime ...

MICHELLE ~ do whatever works for you especially since you are such a busy mom ...

LYNN ~ sensible plan and goals; the slower you lose, the more likely you are to keep it off ...

LANDONSBABY ~ hello to you too!
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:53 PM   #6  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

I'm new to this section and new to the site again. I'm in the same boat. Welcome! If anyone ever wants or needs help or just wants to talk about God, and weight loss or whatever, please PM me or IM me!
vouge09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:43 AM   #7  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hi Michelle, Lynn, and Vogue,

As Ronni and Rosebud have stated, WELCOME to the site. Please feel free to join us at any time on the Christian Encouragers Thread, the more the merrier. When I first started there, they took me in just like I was family, and that was because we are. There are folks there that will give you great advice about everything, they pray for you, care for you, teach you, support you and encourage you all with Christ as the foundation. So drop on by and stay awhile, you will be so glad you did.

I see already that you ladies have great patience. Homeschooling and all, shucks, I would have to go back to school first to learn all of the new stuff. If you ladies can do that, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt you can wrestle those pounds right down to the ground. We are all in this together.
Hope to see there.

Aggie
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:08 PM   #8  

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I'm so sorry for the "drive by" post. I actually forgot that I posted here! I'm so glad I came back and saw this because I think I'll like this site a lot

My faith is very important to me, and if anything motivates me, it's my desire to please my heavenly Father. He tells me to bring my body into subjection...and that gluttony is a sin. So I want to quit sinning in this area and discipline my body.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Michelle and Lynn welcome and good luck ! Michelle if you have the fortitude to homeschool you have the fortitude to follow a diet plan . Your seven children deserve a healthy mother.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:07 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Michelle and Lynn welcome and good luck ! Michelle if you have the fortitude to homeschool you have the fortitude to follow a diet plan . Your seven children deserve a healthy mother.
Thanks bargoo. I wish I had as much confidence. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

But I'll keep praying and trying to take one day at a time!
Old 05-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 216/184/135

Nice to meet you! How's it going with the prepackaged food?
godsgirltmm is offline   Reply With Quote