Old 01-08-2009, 10:37 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Smile MID-WEEK BOOST Jan. 8th

After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked,
"Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews?
We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him.

Matthew 2: 1 - 2

Epiphany: to be made known - a sudden leap of understanding

The visit by the Magi to commemorate the birth and revelation of Jesus Christ,
true God and True Man, the Messiah, Savior of the world.

Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior, it is His very essence.

The Magi were following a star and searching for a King – a King and Messiah that had been promised at this time, in all cultures - Roman Greek, Eastern, Jewish. They were historians and scholars, and while their understanding may have been undeveloped at this point (like Mary and Joseph, John the Baptist, and the disciples originally - all ordinary people God used for extraordinary things - as we have discussed during Advent)
they knew something was going on – they studied history and the prophesies.

We can never separate who Christ is from what He has done – redeemed us.

By His act of dying upon the cross, Jesus defeated sin, death, and the devil -
and has now established His Kingdom among us!
It is in the very heart of everyone who believes.

How often do we focus on the fact that He is LORD?

Let us take time this Epiphany season to recognize the fact that He indeed is both our LORD and SAVIOR. As Lutherans, we focus on Jesus as Savior, our Rescuer, who salvaged us from sin death and eternal life alienated from God. How awesome and powerful He is to create all things and be in control of all things, and yet, still come to us and save us who deserve punishment and death.

All of us not only need to lean on Him as our Savior, but also rest in Him as our Lord.
He is not only in charge of our salvation -- He is in charge of our life, our health,
our wealth, and our circumstances.

He is worthy of praise and obedience because of who He is:

King of Kings and Lord of all

whether He decided to save us or not!

The realization that Jesus is Lord of all, and in control of everything in our lives and all creation - not just our salvation -- is an eye-opening epiphany.

It changes the way we worship:

It brings us to our knees not only in thanksgiving because He saved us by what He did upon the cross - but also in, love and reverence -- because of His awesome power as LORD and KING.

By His act of Dying upon the cross, Christ defeated sin, death, and the devil and has now established His Kingdom among us! It is in the very heart of everyone who believes.

Be a light in this dark world by sharing
the message of Christ as Savior and Lord.

Handel's Messiah (The Hallelujah Chorus) excerpt
YouTube - Handel - Messiah - Hallelujah - Ambrosian singershttp://webmail.west.cox.net/do/mail/message/view?msgId=INBOXDELIM18590

The kingdom of this world;
is become
the kingdom of our Lord,
and of His Christ
and of His Christ

And He shall reign for ever and ever
And he shall reign forever and ever

King of kings forever and ever hallelujah hallelujah
and lord of lords forever and ever hallelujah hallelujah
and lord of lords forever and ever hallelujah hallelujah
and lord of lords
King of kings and lord of lords

And he shall reign
And he shall reign
And he shall reign
He shall reign

AMEN!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 01-08-2009 at 10:40 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:52 PM   #2  
Closed

S/C/G: 186

Height: 5'6

Thanks for sharing with us, yes he is mighty awesome! I want to share with you just how awesome he has been to me. Remember when I was having all those cravings for meat, it was running me nuts!

WOW this day was an eye opener! I was reading my Bible study and I came across where Jesus was led into the desert by the Spirit and the Devil tempted him. It asked, What does the fact that the Spirit led Jesus into the desert to be tempted tell you about the purpose of temptation from God's perspective? Is it an opportunity to suceed or an invitation to fail?

I never thought of that, in that way, I always thought of temptation a tool of Satan's, was I wrong! Temptation to me now, is a tool of God's, to strengthen us in our weakest points. He is pointing out to me today where my weakest points are and I have a choice to do something about it. Or I can do what I have done in the past, reach out for temptation instead of reaching out for his strength, his strong hand,his sweet love, his word to guide me to victory. It is a way to bring us closer to him, to know him and to suceed.
That is exactly what I am really craving for!

I just felt like I had to share this with you because ever since it has been, so much easier for me to turn from temptation, because I know that our Lord Jesus is waiting for me too. I went to work while hubby put out hay and moved the cows and I sit down in his chair there were 4 coconut cookies about as big as saucers glaring at me today, a friend had made for him. I got up and got me a cup of coffee and swept the floor and forgot about them! Before he would of been missing 4 cookies and I would of told him a dog ate them. Shame on me!

Last edited by Nita Ann; 01-09-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Nita Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #3  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks, Gary. I'm always glad to see these mid-week boosts. Your church leadership is very wise, which helps explain how you've become so wise yourself.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote