Old 01-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'5

Default Christian College Student looking for accountability!!

Hey guys,
SO I just found this sight.. and i love it so far. I am due to go back to school, a private christian university, and I feel like I need someone to keep me accountable. Someone to remind me what I am doing and why. I am looking to lose a lot of weight and planning on hitting the gym hard and giving up pop. I also am doing this because I believe I am meant to be healthier. I need to go about this in a christian manner and with that attitude. I know I am accepted for who I am, but I want to be a healthier person. I am 20 and a junior in college
eme20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EM ~ take advantage of that gym; I did when I was in college and that helped offset the fact that you are sitting a lot of the time when you are in school. Some places offer part-time gym classes (ours did) and we got to pick what we did: I chose racketball & badminton, and bowling & cross-country skiing for the winter session.

I also walked to school and back home as often as I could; the only exception is if it was pouring rain and I was in danger of getting drenched, then I took a bus but still had to walk to the bus stop with an umbrella.

You are welcome to join us in the CHRISTIAN ENCOURGER'S thread in this forum (for January). This group of folks are really nice and supportive; and I know that you will like them. Come back often and post lots ... and GOD BLESS you, on your journey towards better health!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-06-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:41 PM   #3  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome are there any group sports at your school

Look forward to seeing you post!
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:49 PM   #4  
Closed

S/C/G: 186

Height: 5'6

Eme20, you have a wonderful attitude toward your life. Just don't starve yourself for you have to have fuel to think with. It is good that you are planning but don't forget to follow though with your plan. I can feel the love of God in your words so I know that you are not alone. please come here often , when you have the time, there is a-lot of smart people here,strangers now to you but really they are friends that you just have not met yet.
Nita Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'5

RN- there are some sports... but Im not completly into them.. i do go walking a lot with my roommate and another enjoys going to the gym with me... so I do have real support but neither of them are as big as I am so sometimes its hard for me to gain self esteem from them
eme20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:45 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hey EME ~

My daughter is 25 and graduated from a christian college here in California several years ago. My step-daughter, 21, is in college in NY.

Mostly adults in Christian Encouragers with kids your age but we will be here to support you for as long as you need if you join us.

May God bless you in your efforts! ~ Gary

Last edited by EZMONEY; 01-06-2009 at 10:46 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote