Old 11-26-2008, 12:53 AM   #1  
itsworking

S/C/G: 350/284/160

Height: 5'4

Question 90lbs gone and 97 to go UGH!!!!

I decided on Christmas of last year to start a healthy lifestyle. For me when I say diet it just blows it for me. Makes me think of a ton of things I won't be able to have and restrictions so I prefer to just try and make healthier decisions....I wanted it to be a gift for God that I take care of his temple and myself that I live to see 30.

Growing up my mom left when I was 8. My dad raised me and he was a good father but then the step mother came into the picture. I was such a quiet kid and NEVER talked back to an adult that she was able verbally abuse me and I was unable to defend myself because I guess some part of me believed some of the things she would say to me like " your own mother doesn't want you thats why she left you" "your so fat its sick" or "your a whore like your mother" which btw I didn't lose my virginity until i was married. I went to church every sunday and wed thanks to an aunt that just loved me to death THANK GOD...she was my saving grace! I knew the things she said to me were not true but i was so beat down I couldn't take up for myself and to this day that bothers me terribly....I wish I could have just said something, anything. The past is the past, however as im sure you all know that when you lose a large amount of weight all the pain and emotional damage that you just ate away is all too willing to flood back in as the weight falls off.

The point of this post is that Ive come pretty far in my weight loss and im scared im losing it......I feel like my emotions are going to get the best of me....God put a wonderful man in my life that eats VERY healthy and works out with me and motivates me to be better. I have everything to be thankful for im in school at 28 for the first time in my life....ive lost 90lbs and I have a wonderful man in my life BUT the emotional pain is getting to me.....I haven't lost a pound in almost a month....I haven't gained either but I have so much to go I can't afford to sabotage myself now....I owe it to myself, but im struggling like crazy and im terrified of not being able to walk again and gaining it all back and some....is there anyone out there like me? Having emotional problems due to weight loss and if so how do you cope and maintain losing weight still....How do you let go of the past and move forward.....I thought I had but I have since realized all that baggage is still there waiting for me to deal with it...just scared i won't...any advice? Please help me you guys....all of my weight loss has been through 3 healthy meals a day, one snack at night and exercize..no surgery. I have one day a month I allow myself to have whatever I want all day (within reason) thats been working......im sorry im rambling....any suggestions or motivation you can throw my way would be GREATLY appreaciated!!

Thank you for taking the time to read this.....God Bless
danielle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:34 PM   #2  
Closed

S/C/G: 186

Height: 5'6

Danielle, I was treated badly by a close friend of the family growing up but I realized that he was sick in the head and anyone who mistreats someone like you say, is sick to me, but that is my opinion only. I first had to forgive him and asked God to get help for him. Then God started to work on me and I lost 90 pounds and my soul changed too. I am a new person now.

What a VICTORY for God and YOU loosing your 90 pounds and not gaining any of it back! Way to girl! Be proud of yourself for I know that God looks down and he smiles when he looks at you for you are God's work in progress ! Keep up the great work!
Nita Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:00 AM   #3  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Danielle-I agree with Nita Ann and I would add that for several years, I was part of an Al-Anon group for children of alcoholics. In your case, you don't say alcohol had a part in your step-parent's issues, but being in a 12-step program helped me focus on how to deal with the issues and emotions involved in letting go of the abuse and the abusers. There are other 12-step groups, even Overeaters Anon. I'd recommend checking one out or seeing if you can get a hold of some of Al-Anon's books. My heart goes out to you and I'll keep you in my prayers.

I also want to add that I think you're doing incredible in your weight loss! It's inspiring to see someone who's come so far and is still working a plan successfully!

Last edited by ronni62; 12-02-2008 at 09:02 AM.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

danielle, the fact you have been this successful is a testament in and of itself...that you are being honest about your situation growing up is a testament too....you can do this..continue to surround yourself with goodness and all things that will help you succeed--and with God's help you will be where you want in no time...God bless you and be with you on your journey
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

I just wanted to say, . Thats incredible, and you are an inspiration.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 325/ticker/175

Height: 5'3

im butting in here ( read posts in here, but never responded), but you should be so proud of yourself for your accomplishment so far. My mother is an alcoholic and i have had low self esteem for years from things she would say to me.. if i disagreed with her, i was crazy.. when she was drunk, she would tell me she hates me .. then apologise the next am... i havnt been able to keep on a healthy eating plan yet.. it has taken me almost 2 years to lose about 30lbs ... you have already proven it can be done.. you can get past all the baggage.. Dont let her win by sliding backward now.. pray for strength, and continue on girl.. wtg..
jimaterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

I just a newbie and I just started my new way of eating and living. I think it is amazing that you lost 90 pounds. With that kind of dedication I know you'll lose the rest.

90 pounds wow I can only dream I can lose that much. good luck!
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:17 AM   #8  
itsworking

S/C/G: 350/284/160

Height: 5'4

WOW!!! You guys are so awesome!!! Thanks so much for the support, as it was much needed .....I feel a 2nd wind on the way
danielle27 is offline   Reply With Quote