Old 11-26-2008, 07:06 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Mid-week Boost #3

KB

First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires .....But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
2 Peter 3:1,9

Ever see this bumper sticker?

(SEE PICTURE BELOW)

It's a common refrain among those who have misinterpreted God's plan for us at the end of time. The bumper sticker is meant to instill fear in us. The intent is to scare us into a right relationship with God.

But God doesn't try to scare us into salvation. He welcomes us into His salvation by His grace through faith. And He keeps us in that salvation through His Word and Sacrament by the power of His Holy Spirit.

The end of the earth, or the end of our lives is nothing to fear. For God has a plan for us and that plan is to live with Him forever.

Now what we should not forget is that eternity doesn't start the day we die, or the day the earth ends.

Eternity starts now!

As we enter the holiday season, our lives tend to become more harried and stressful ( that is probably an understatement for most of us!), and it is important to remember the joy and peace we have in Gods plan for us:

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

We know our future - will be with Him forever.

Live every day in Christ Jesus sharing the message and joy of His salvation with everyone around you...not because you are scared of what will happen to you if you don't, but because of what happens to you and the world around you when you do!

Amen

Last edited by EZMONEY; 01-03-2010 at 05:49 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:48 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

That is one of my (many) favorite verses in the bible ... Jeremiah 29:11; full of hope and optimism. Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading these little messages: I may not always comment, but I am reading them; and thanks for taking the time to put them in here for us too!

ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:47 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thanks Rosebud. It is easy for me to post them....if the deacon at my church sends them. I just need to know if anybody here really wants them.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:59 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Well, I sure like them GARY and it seems that others are reading them too (if you look at the viewing numbers); so they likely do want them, but may be a bit shy about telling you so, I think.

There are many, many lurkers here who don't post as well. My sister is one good example: she has been lurking and reading here for over a year now, and just joined recently to see the pics I posted and to comment on something I said.

Some Sundays, I don't get out to church if my legs and feet are bothering me too much (a lot lately); and DH will go to his church with his friends. I have a TV and internet church service that I catch when I don't make it as well. I already visit 3 or 4 Christian groups on the net now; and also send prayers to their prayer groups as well. I am more homebound in the winter as I really have trouble walking in the snow, so I do appreciate whatever I find on here, and I'd bet that there are many others who do as well, for a variety of reasons. So thanks again ...

ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:33 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thank-you Rosebud.

I talked to the gentleman that is doing them and he was very appreciative of my "thank-you" He also told me one of our former Vicar's that decided not to enter the ministry and is attending our church is helping him/
Old 12-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #6  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks, Gary, I needed that
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote