Old 03-01-2008, 09:26 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Christian Encouragers ~ March

CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ MARCH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer

Jesus, My Jesus....How marveleous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:49 AM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

GOOD MORNING GALS ~

Just hanging around the house this morning to do chores and get ready for our full house tonight. We are having about 16, mostly young adults, over for the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Our Vicar from church is a big fan so we are having him over too. Pastor will see us racing out of Saturday night service Angie has to play bells tonight and I am handing out commitment envelopes, with my ex-wife, to our members for the new building. Tomorrow we have a big celebration after service for the kick-off.

Angie and I went out for Mexican food last night for Date Night . With my "journey of better choices" I had been splitting my meals, from the Mexican restaraunts we go to, then having left-overs for lunch ~ plus I had been going easy on the chips for the most part..... NOT last night I got a little about losing 2 pounds while I was out of town....guess what? ................THEY'RE BAAAAACK! ~ I knew better!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:49 AM   #3  
Quit counting at 45!

Gary: So good to see you back. I've missed you. A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. I'm glad you have work for the winter. Up here we are so short of construction workers that houses are taking twice as long to be built than they used to.

eltigre: Good job on the weight loss. You must really be noticing the difference in your clothes.

I'm still on track with my eating. I'm actually looking forward to Wednesday for my weigh in!!

Today we are planning a Costco run and I'll see what I can find there to have for dinner. I plan on making a big pot of hamburger soup so that the others have something to eat if they get sick of my fish and chicken.

Last week I took some basa fillets and spread a mixture of low fat mayonaise and dill with lemon on it. Delicious!! Definitely going to do that again.

Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #4  

Hi everyone. This looks like a good forum. Im Barb from West Virginia. I am seeking fellowship with other Christians and support for my weight loss efforts. I am a overweight housewife, married 37 years, 3 children and one cat. I have tried many diets, but always go back to Weight Watchers. I hope to make some friends and get some support here...barb
wv_lady_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 251/228

Height: 5'5

Barb, you reminded me of ME! Been married almost 35 years, 2 kids, 3 beautiful grandchildren, no animals, live in Arkansas. I too have tried other diets, but I always go back to Weight Watchers, which I am doing now.

I have battled so many addictions in my life, among them drink, pills, smoking.....only through God's grace can I say that celebrating almost 14 years no drink or pills, and over 2 years no cigarettes. Now I am trying to battle food. (251/228/150)

In September, 2007, my best friend was diagnosed with invasive breast cancer. After having her breast removed, all the horrible sickness from the treatment, losing her oldest brother to cancer in February, she and I have decided we can't go on being as large and miserable as we are. I started walking in January, and can now walk 2 miles a day after work. Soon as she gets over the effect of her last treatment, I hope she can start walking each day, even if small amounts. I know how much better I feel from it.

My prayer is that the good Lord will help me and Glenda get to where we need to be in size, so that we can have a quality life and that we'll never forget who to give the praise. He has got us through so much, and I know He can do this, if we will cooperate. And, more than that, I pray that the cancer will not return, and that I will have my best friend who is closer than a sister around for years to come. We are still youngsters, only 54 and 53!!!
lindaestelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Afternoon!! Sure hope everyone is having a Wonderful weekend! I lost just a pound this week but I'll take it!!

Gary--- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Enjoy you day! Sounds like you will.

Just popped in for a minute. Been cleaning house today and hoping for some more "looky loos!! But this time I hope they have money!! We had people look last Friday and our realtor told us they said they would probably want to coem and see it again---so keeping my I just have a really good feeling that it will sell this month.. I'm so looking forward to getting moved and be able to spend time with family again!

Well, just took a quick break to say Hello to everyone. Will try to get back later. Take care!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:50 PM   #7  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Karen - good luck on the showing! Congrats on the loss this week

Linda - You have overcome so much - you can do the same with food! What a blessing for your friend to have you to lean on and encourage her

Barb - This is a GREAT group of folk who are very supportive. I look forward to getting to know you better

Wilma - I just smile when I read your posts - you are definitely back on track. I'm betting that scale cooperates this week

eltigre - you are doing wonderfully! WAY TO GO! Here's to another successful month ahead!

Gary

Bet Angie is glad you are home! Enjoy getting back into a normal routine - at least for a couple days! Sorry you went overboard on date night. But, you will have those 2 lbs. gone in no time

Busy day here. Doing the media presentations for tomorrow's services. Trying to get some cleaning done.

Prayers requested for my step-father. He as asthma and emphysema and he is currently in the hospital with pneumonia. Mom is quite worried and pretty much living at the hospital.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Blessings and prayers continuing...
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:14 PM   #8  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HELLO EVERYONE ~ we had another beautiful day; spent most of the afternoon trying to get some pics of my backyard friends. Got some of our squirrel or chipmunk, chickadees, and Whiskey Jacks (grey jays) taking some bread. Did a lot of walking this week, so paid for it a bit with sore legs; so I'm just taking it easy this weekend.

BARB ~ lots of nice people and good support here too!

LINDA ~ congatulations on your many victories thus far; losing weight should be nothing for you comparitively ... LOL!

KAREN ~ hope your showings turn into sales; will pray until it sells!!! Glad you popped in to let us know how you are!

COUNTING ~ prayers already on their way for your step-father and your mother for comfort during this time.

to everyone for your successes; so very happy for you all!

HOPE you all have a great weekend ~ your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^PRAYERS^are heaven-bound ....

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-01-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:39 PM   #9  

Still no news from my mom. She is pretty much living at the hospital. I'm assuming no news is positive at this point. They are both strong Christians, so they know that we are praying for them!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Our Lenten study group went well tonight. And I am really enjoying the "Faithfully Fit" program that I am doing. It is a good reminder to put my eating (as well as everything else) in God's hands. To pray before I eat ANYTHING - not just "meals" and to honor God with my actions relating to food as well as everything else.

Blessings to all - and prayers continuing
Old 03-02-2008, 11:49 PM   #10  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. Thing are finally back to normal. I am home and everything is clean and shinny around here. I told everyone, don't call me, I will call you. I need a few days to myself lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #11  

Shy, glad you are back safe and sound! And another 2 lb. loss for you too! Please send some of that cleaning mojo my way. I can't seem to get much cleaning done at all. I did finally mop the floors and run the Roomba, but it was a drop in the bucket I am afraid.

I hope everyone is well! SF is still in the hospital, so prayers are appreciated!

Blessings!
Laurie
Old 03-03-2008, 11:30 PM   #12  
Rennie

Counting
Prayers are heading up right now . I really have to keep up on things. I have things I do each day of the week and if I am not going to be home that day I have to do it the day before. I was even like this when I worked 12 hours a day. Things spaz me out if they aren't done.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #13  
Journey to New Self!

S/C/G: 287/272/268

Hi, I'm DeOndra, 23, college senior Psychology CRJS major. Have always been a spirtual person with strong beliefs in God, took eyes of Him and became distraught with life. Trying to restore my faith and appreciation for life and my many blessing while working on my ultimate goal that I often tried to ignore (like it would go away). I'm starting to feel better (but I do have down days) I am happy to join this forum I really need spiritual encouragement. Sometimes i feel stressed, and overwhelmed with my journey to lose weight and keeping consistant.
whitlockdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:41 PM   #14  
Rennie

whit
Welcome, there is always room for one more at God's table. Most of us through life have taken our eyes off the path that God has set out for us at one time or another. We tend to find things in life don't go well when we don't follow Gods plan. Life seems to be full of stress and strife. While a Christian life isn't always full of the worldly things many people enjoy. It is full of a spirit that guides us and gives us comfort in our times of need.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:36 PM   #15  

Default Hi there~

It has been awhile again! I just caught up or tried to...
Bruiniq- nice poem thanks! for sharing!
Shy - thanks for all your support! what a sweetie!
Counting- that would a ditto to you and prayers for mom...
Rosebud- awesome news about your uncle tom continued prayers
Eltigre- awesome job running, I luv the biggest looser!!
Wilma- awesome job working out, glad your watching your BP and staying healthy..
Happy birthday Beth and E.Z.- know you will enjoy a relaxing night with the guys!
Welcome- Barb, lindaestelle, whitlockdj - there are awesome people hear so come back and let us know how your doing..
Karen -prayers for the showing to go well.
I am doing great doing 6 miles aday on the elliptical about 4 times a week, I am done to where my marker says again so now to keep it moving in that dirrection.. We are having an ice storm as I speak sleet and freezing rain with about 1 inch of heavy icing expected, say there will be power outages ect. I can't wait for spring... I got to see my niece who is home for spring break she goes back sunday, overall all is well just busy nothing new there, prayers to all!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote