Old 02-13-2008, 08:52 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Hi Blue and Twirly!
I'm so glad you are joining me!

Blue, good luck to you! Keep up the great work!

Twirly, so great to hear from you! Congrats on doing so well lately. I'm sorry you fell off the bus, but I'm proud of you for staying strong.

As for me, yesterday I had 1400 cals and exercised on the treadmill for an hour.

We can do this together.
Hugs, Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #17  

You know obstacles always get in our way in life. I seem to have something come up when I least expect it. Suddenly I found myself starving at the prospect of solving this problem, but I'm not giving in to temptation this time. God will help me figure this out.

Eating solves nothing.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:23 AM   #18  

Happy Valentine's Day!

I made it through the day yesterday!
I had 1370 calories and exercised for 45 minutes.

Last edited by Den@; 02-14-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:31 PM   #19  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

I made it through yesterday too! Stayed under calories...1677 out of 1800, did my extra long walk at lunch and drank water. Today will be much more challenging, I am going to a 4 course fondue dinner tonight with my bf. I'll let you know how it goes! Stay strong ladies! Hope you get better twirly!
blueyedlvrgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:37 AM   #20  
Determined

S/C/G: 260/266/180

Height: 5'6

I went over a bit for V-day (we went to brunch), but at least it was on good food, not candy! He didn't buy me any. He said he knew better!
twirlandswirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:20 AM   #21  

Yesterday I had 1365 cals and exercised for 46 minutes.

We have the cutest birds in our backyard that we can see from the window... Finches, a mockingbird, black birds, rock doves and quail. My hubby set up a camera, so we can see them up close and hear them (now that it's too cold to play with them outside.) I'm upstairs now and I can hear them having a great time outside. I just love that.

Blue, congrats for staying strong. Hope your dinner is fun and that you do well. Good luck.

Twirly, congrats for going out to brunch and not doing badly. Keep up the great work.

Hugs, Dena

Last edited by Den@; 02-15-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:35 AM   #22  

Yesterday I had 1367 cals and I exercised for an hour on the treadmill!

Now today is Saturday and the weekends are usually a little tricky for me, but I am determined to stay strong. Even though I don't feel like it, I'm going to plan out my day before I start eating. I can do this. (motivation self-talk) :wink:
Old 02-17-2008, 11:44 AM   #23  

Happy Sunday!

I did great Saturday... ate 1565 cals and exercised 1hour and 20 minutes on the treadmill! I already planned out my menu for today and expect to exercise. I feel strong today.

I am so grateful to God for bessing me with a great husband. When I was in the hospital having surgery which last 6 1/2 hours, he was there praying for me. When I had to stay in the hospital for a month, he slept near me in a chair for the first three days. When the nurses saw he wasn't leaving, they finally gave him a cot to sleep on for the next 27 days. He never complained and was always there for me. He also changed my sheets (when I was sweating from all the medications), because the nurses didn't have time. Needless to say, I thank God for him every day.

I am also so grateful to God to be alive.

And I am so grateful to God for my little creatures that visit at our home... my quail, rock doves, mockingbirds, black birds, finches, hummingbirds, chipmonks, bunny rabbits, road runners and I even saw a male and female coyote a couple of blocks away. They are all so beautiful.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hugs, Dena
Old 02-18-2008, 08:56 AM   #24  

Happy President's Day!

Just checking in to say I ate 1462 cals and exercised for an hour on the treadmill yesterday.

Now I better plan out today's menu.

Hugs, Dena
Old 02-19-2008, 10:38 AM   #25  

Yesterday was really hard for me, but I got through it. I managed to eat within my calorie range - 1375 cals and got on the treadmill for an hour. But when I start getting tempted to eat extra, I know it's all about emotional eating... My hubby is going out of town for his job and I already miss him and worry about him. Plus I'll be alone. And then there's the taxes to work on. Ugh. It's like when I start looking around for something extra to munch on, I have tell myself "Get out of the Kitchen and do something else." I know with Our Lord's help, I can get through anything. One step at a time.

Now it's time for me to plan today's menu.

Hugs, Dena
Old 02-19-2008, 02:22 PM   #26  

Why am I doing this for Lent? Because Our Lord wants me to be strong and healthy and to follow His lead. He doesn't want me to be fat, disgusted with myself and have a poor self-image with little self-confidence. God didn't create me to be mediocre. God and Our Lord want me to be happy and be the best I can be. Afterall, gluttony is a sin and my body is a temple. Somewhere along the way, I forgot these things.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:45 PM   #27  
Determined

S/C/G: 260/266/180

Height: 5'6

I don't know how many calories I had yesterday... went out to eat, couldn't find nutritional info. Went over the day before, but only by 10 cals, not too concerned about that. Doing well in general.
twirlandswirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:34 AM   #28  

Yesterday I had 1369 cals and went on the treadmill for an hour.

Twirly, good job!

Hugs, Dena
Old 02-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #29  

I'm so excited! My hubby is coming home tomorrow after being out of town several days for his job. I've got so many things to do to get ready for his homecoming. I want to clean the house, go grocery shopping, mail the bills... just make a warm, comfortable home for him to come home to.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm staying strong with my eating and exercise. Yesterday I ate 1350 cals. and exercised for an hour.

Hugs, Dena
Old 02-22-2008, 10:01 AM   #30  

Last nite I couldn't wait for today... like a little kid waiting for Christmas Day! My hubby arrives tonite from N.J., where his company's main office is located. Unfortunately, he told me this morning that it snowed there, and everything is being delayed. They haven't even sent him a shuttle to go to the office yet, because the roads are too dangerous. And his flight may be delayed or canceled. My excitedment suddenly became "concern." But I'm leaving everything up to God, and all will work out O.K.

MY hubby sent me pictures of the snow, something we rarely see here in the Southwest. It's beautiful! In the pics are cardinals eating red berries. Another site that is rare to us.

I already fed my birdie friends here this morning, and they were anxiously waiting for me, since they know it may rain today and they need to bulk up. They are sooo cute. It's only 6:30 AM right now and I can hear my quail eating their food. They sound like little dogs, when they enjoy their food.

As for me, yesterday I ate 1391 cals. and exercised on the treadmill for 46 minutes. I plan on using my weights today. I'm kind of proud of me that I remained strong, even though my hubby was gone. I have a higher purpose now.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Hugs, Dena