Old 01-23-2009, 05:16 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 199.8/181.6/145

Height: 5'3"

I have been a Congregationalist, a Methodist, a Presbyterian, and have belonged to a couple of different Southern Baptist Churches. I never felt God's Holy presence in any of those churches I had attended before. I am not saying it was not there, I just did not feel it. But finally I did find exactly where God wanted me and He made His presence known to me the moment I entered the door. It was like I knew I had come home... And I now have a wonderful church family. But it took a lot of visits to many churches to find exactly where God wanted me to be to serve Him...

So, just try going to churches until God lets you know where your new "home" is.
Cee8ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 210/138/130

Height: 5'5

Hi Stacie. I myself are new to start my journey with Jesus. Honestly, my boyfriend goes to a non-denominational christian church-which he suggested for me to start at. He lives in New York and I in Canada. We looked up churches in my area on the net and I found Calgary Worship Center...and I'm so blessed to be a part of their community!
Callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #18  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

Stacie and Callie -- I'm so glad to hear of your new and growing faith. The most important thing that will help you be just where God wants you to be will always be to stay in His Word -- Read His love letter to you, the scriptures themselves. In selecting a group to worship with ask for a copy of their statement of faith. It should list references in scripture as to why they believe these statements. If not, simply ask. Someone in leadership, pastor, elder, or similar person, will no doubt be available to share time to answer your questions.
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 265/230/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Stacie! Just want to start off by saying that it's great you are reaching out for more information about church! It is extremly important not to get caught up in the wrong kind of doctrine. Baptist is essentially Christian, and what Baptists are supposed to believe is exactly what comes from the Bible as an example of truth and a way of life. I myself am baptist. There is a big difference as well between a independant baptist church and a non-indepedant one. The bible is like a love letter from God, and he is so amazing and great... we have such a loving God. If you want to get an idea of the best most true version of a bible to read it is the King James Version (KJV). Obviously people have different opinions but that is the absolute truth. What church should be is a place where they do preach the gospel through the bible and sing traditional hymns and songs. If you walk into a church with a bunch of lights and rock and roll you know it's probably not the right place to be, most people who aren't saved can tell pretty quickly if a church is backslidden or not believe it or not. If you have people rolling around on the floor speaking in tongues probbbbbbbbbably not the best place to be lol. Any other questions feel free to ask.
Satisfaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Note: Stacie's account is closed. look at her avatar, she hasn't been a member for several months.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #21  
_________

Quote:
Originally Posted by staciec878 View Post
Im new in my journey with finding god, now im trying to find a chuch. Im not sure what kind of church I should go to. Whats the difference in a baptist church and and a christian church, or is it the same thing??
First and foremost, before anything else (including church) is your
personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit.

In order to have a good relationship with anyone you have to have
faith in what they say, so you should study the New Testament to
find out what God has said (His Promises, which are His will)

But, keep in mind that you'll need a Concordance (like Strong's Concordance)
so you can look up the original meanings of some of the words that may
not make sense to you. (also, don't spend alot of time in the Old
Testament until after you've spent quite alot of time studying the New)

Churches and fellowship with other believers is great and is something
Jesus directs us to do...but always remember that your personal relationship
with Him comes first.

Let that go, and you'll be meeting up with this guy...

Last edited by Rockrz; 02-24-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Rockrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:10 PM   #22  

Default Finding a church

I have had to move a few times in the last few years. When I go to a new community I look up churches on the internet. I would google Christian Churches- in you city and state. The web sites all see to have a place where they state their beliefs. That is helpful. I look to see if it seems to be a growing church. I feel that if it is growing, it is healthy. I want to make sure it is based on the Bible. I also liked what someone said about calling the church and talking to someone there. Then you just have to go and see how it feels to you. God will guide you when you ask Him to. It would be really great if the church has a way to get involved with smaller groups or that meet outside of the Sunday morning service. I will pray right now that God will lead you to someone who will help you!
joyencourages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:48 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Stacie closed her account and left 3FC in 2007 evidently she was not happy here. You can see this if you look at her posts.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:02 AM   #24  
_________

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Stacie closed her account and left 3FC in 2007 evidently she was not happy here. You can see this if you look at her posts.

Yeah, it looks like the peoples were'nt very nice to her here for some reason.
Peoples can be means like that sometimes up in there wit all dat
Rockrz is offline   Reply With Quote