Old 06-05-2007, 07:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174/147/145

Height: 5'6"

Post Newbie Intro

Hi!

I’m Angela; 35, SAHM to three boys, ages 14, 7, and 6. My husband Frank and I have been married for 10 years this past September.

I lost almost 40 pounds after reading The Weigh Down Diet almost 3 years ago. I've put about 20 pounds on since last June. I struggle with body image issues. So Weigh Down worked for me for more reasons than one.

I would love to get down to where I was, but also loved being happy with who God wanted me to be.

God Bless You,

Angela
Javamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 276/270/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Angela: I will add you to my prayer list and pray for you and your journey. Keep checking in and find a thread you are comfortable with. I don't know anything about the Weigh Down Diet but everyone finds what works best for them.

Blessings to you!
Tracy
Tracy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:41 AM   #3  
Eternal Optimist

S/C/G: 173/164.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Welcome, Angela!

Hi Angela - It's great to have you here. I'm new, too, and body image is something I also struggle with. I've just started a free, online study called "Setting Captives Free - The Lord's Table", and I think it will help me put things in the right order (God first, before my self image, pride and vanity). We each have our personal battles, so different plans will strike a different chord with each of us. I don't know much about the Weigh Down plan, but I know lots of people have had great success with it.

Many blessings to you on this journey, Angela! I look forward to your posts.
Dana K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:21 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello Angela, I will keep you in my prayers and pray that you are able to achieve the goals that you set for yourself but also that you may be able to let go of the body image struggles that you have.

I don't know if it is simply that I have ALWAYS been fat or what but I haven't worried about the body image as such. It did always upset me though that people have always judged me because of my external body and not the internal me who is loving caring and giving. Over the years I have come to accept that those who don't look beyond the exterior and that don't take the time to get to know the inner beauty of people aren't really worth worrying about except to pray that they can change their views.

Take care and good luck with your journey of weight loss.

Jennylee
Jennylee is offline   Reply With Quote