Old 05-13-2007, 06:55 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Question Where do I start?

Wow. As I was reviewing my profile I found I have been a member since 1999 - I am a "senior member"! How funny is that?! I guess I would be a great teacher as how to effectively remain at your current weight.

Obviously I have not made much progress in the past six years. None, as a matter of fact. I think that weight loss is a process and for me it is not an emotional decision but one that has to be made in my head before it can be made in my heart. If that makes any sense. So, I do believe I am - finally - ready to change my lifestyle. I have changed, in fact. Bob Greene suggests a gradual change and I have done just that. I started working out regularly - I go to the gym with my beautiful 15 yo daughter 3-5 times a week. She is a great motivator! We have been doing that for about a month and now it is time to eliminate certain items from my diet. I have to say that - for the first time EVER - I have not felt the need for one last splurge! YIPEE!

I have a strong belief in Jesus and realize the only way I can live a healthier lifestyle is through Him. I am a 38 yo happily married mother of four. I do work - I am a math/science teacher to middle-schoolers. And, I am looking for support, encouragement and friendship during this journey (I would like to lose around 100 pounds! YIKES!)

Last edited by Tonia; 05-13-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote