3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers #216 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/101432-christian-encouragers-216-a.html)

RebaR 01-13-2007 09:04 AM

http://www.charismapros.com/images/sweep.gif

Housework... that's on my agenda this morning... I have my bedroom and bathroom to complete... I did the rest last night... such the life... friday night and at home doing housework....

then I wasn't sleepy and ended staying up until almost 2am!!

http://www.statcan.ca/english/kits/w...ges/Image2.gif

After housework today, no particular plans... other than prepare dinner for my sister's birthday- but it won't be hard- steaks, potatoes, salad, rolls.... when I asked mom what I should fix for dessert she said not to worry about it because we don't tend to eat dessert with dinner (I love dessert but like to wait for a bit) I may try to make a sf choc dessert or something- my sister loves choc too....

Margie, We have a great youth pastor, Shane... he is a big kid himself and does a great job with the youth. Though he has grown up some this past year...his son is about 8 months old now... they have great sunday school classes...but I think his Wednesday night has more kids... we actually have kids that go to other churches with their parents on Sunday that come on Wednesday nights- he does some fun and unusual things, has a praise band, lots of games and interesting topics... recently he did a series on dating...

Creative Arts worship. This is something that Shane started. We meet once a week(most of the time) on Thursday and then we will lead a worship service on a Sunday night...well, we've done it once... then we took a break from the meetings and are starting back up now... the last session we had the drama team- they did skits etc, the dance team- they danced to a couple of Christian songs, and the art team. We actually did some drawings/pastels during the service. The theme was Freedom that time so we did 3 things related to that... then we had 4 of us in the art group- but one teenage boy has moved. With the holidays and all, we haven't been meeting as much and I'm not sure when we'll lead the worship service as a creative arts team.... but we are thinking about having the arts team draw in one of the youth wednesday night services soon- it would be during the praise and worship time. We'll pick out some of the songs and develop a theme from them to draw too... Thursday night, we were playing praise music and drawing what came to mind...mine was rough, quick sketches.... believe me, it's stepping out on faith for me to draw in front of people!!!

well, I'm off and running....

how bout you? What's in your plans for today?

Reba/AL

EZMONEY 01-14-2007 04:51 PM

:cp: :bravo: :congrat: :woohoo: :woohoo: :cheer: :woohoo: :cheer:

MARGIE B ~

DA BEARS DID IT!!

BUT..............GROSSMAN?.....MAN OH MAN DID HE EVER TRY TO LOSE IT!

CONGRATS AGAIN! GARY

doitforme 01-14-2007 11:43 PM

Hi there!

I am back from my cruise- there was a cold front- so not alot of sun, but still awesome time as usual. We went to Key west, and then to Cozumel - were we went snorkling- lots of fun... then to Grand Cayman- then costa maya was really fun... busy came home to freezing rain... yuck but good week away.. I didn't get the promotion, but still happy were I am..
Welcome Tracy!
Margie! Thanks! busy busy busy- second job... that is what I need but I work evenings 2-12a hard to find something those hours..
E.Z.- Happy belated b-day to angie- beautiful bracelet... pray angie is feeling much better....
Welcome back Reba! Sorry to hear about your friend, that is rough...
Wilma- Wow busy busy busy... Bathroom being done, we had a new floor and linoleum put down, in ours so looks much nicer...
sorry so short but trying to catch niece online so I can say hi! talk with her for a couple minutes. God Bless!

Margie B. 01-15-2007 08:56 AM

Happy Dance ! ! ! !

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: DA BEARS :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: DA BEARS :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: DA BEARS :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: I guess you get my point. . . we're doing the 'happy dance' from the Bears WIN yesterday. . . especially sweet since it was Seattle that knocked the Bears out last year so we just had to knock them out THIS year!!! We have a little toy poodle, every time the Bears score, I'll say 'happy dance' to her and we both get out in the middle of the floor and dance around, - she actually dances with me, I swear the pup is a Bears fan!!!

Sue - Glad to see you're back and had a good time. The weather doesn't always cooperate but it's great just to get away once in a while. Pictures????

EZ - I take it you watched the game, overall I thought Grossman did fairly well, maybe the week off was just what he needed! And what about the kicker??? Gould, he has to have one of the best records in the NFL, I think he's missed maybe 3 all year!! Penn State kid, 2nd year, so hopefully they'll keep him around a while. So what are your predictions for next week??? Bears or Saints? Pats or Colts? I prefer the Pats over the Colts, (I'm not a Payton Manning fan!) and then there's Troy Brown on the Pats, a Marshall grad, - gotta love that! Of course, let me see, Bears or Saints, who would I pick. . . . duh. . . DA BEARS :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I don't really like the games spread out on Saturday and Sunday, I know you get to watch more of them but then again it seems like that's all you get done all weekend!! (Okay by me, but Angie probably wasn't pleased, -- did you have some 'honey do' jobs waiting??)

Reba - sounds like your youth pastor is a really great guy! I think it takes a special person to relate to the kids that can keep them coming and keep them interested in different projects/topics, and usually have to be pretty young too, the kids don't want 'mom' around. . . did you get your cleaning done??? If so, come on over, you can start on mine!!!

Okay, gonna fly now, hope everyone is having just a 'wonderful'(?) Monday - Hugs & prayers - Margie

2Fat4myJeans 01-15-2007 05:35 PM

Hi! My name is Anna and I am just looking for some Christian support. :)

I have been married for a month and a half and newlywed life is not all bliss, as I am finding out! I am having a hard time adjusting to "life after the wedding," though my husband is fantastic and supportive and an all-around great guy. I have never lived with anyone (besides roommates), so it is hard getting used to someone being around all the time. I'm happy and yet I find myself really blue in the evenings... like I am just bored and though hubby and I are spending time together, it's not "quality time," kwim?

On top of that, I am really struggling in trying to figure out what God's role is for me as a Godly wife and helpmate to my husband. I feel clueless in this new role! :?:

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. :D Unfortunately my Broncos didn't even make it to the playoffs this year, so that has kind of put a damper on our January..ha!

EZMONEY 01-15-2007 08:11 PM

Monday Evening

HI GALS~:wave:

Happy MLK Day to all of you. Angie and all my kids had the day off work or school today. I had to work half a day then go see my periodontist for a cleaning. Angie, Amanda and Ron all had teeth cleanings at our dentist for their annual MLK Day cleaning. No matter when they get cleanings during the year, MLK day is always a day most of my family (students and teachers) are off and my dentist works. :D PURTY SMILES :D

I had a GRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT Day yesterday....the CHARGERS LOST! :carrot:

Now my buddies will get off my back on how bad my RAIDERS were this year!!

My favorite player, Peyton Manning, is still in the play-offs with the COLTS.

We have quite a few retired Pastors at our church, this week our Pastor was sick so one of them filled in. He was soooo funny! He was probably in his 80's but so full of energy...he messed up a few times, but just kept going with the flow. We are so blessed at my church!!

AUNT SUE~:carrot: Glad to have you safe at home. Sorry the weather was a little cool for your trip. I think? I am sorry you didn't get the job...but as we know...HE may have different plans for you...well HECK YEAH HE does or I guess you would have the job....duh! But girl, HE does want us to continue to seek what we also feel is best for us too...keep applying dear!! I hope you were able to catch up with your neice...it is he$$ not having a computer handy isn't it? And to think just a few years ago this old dude thought they were a waste of time and no need to mention my feelings about cell phones! ;) Have a great week back to work.

MARGIE B~ WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? The PATRIOTS over MY PEYTON MANNING? Are you freakin :fr: CRAZY :crazy: NOOOOOOOOO WAY! PEYTON is so due. I (on the other hand) am so happy that BRADY and the boys kicked butt on the home team CHARGERS! I have been hearing how they were just gonna walk into and win the SUPERBOWL, before the game yesterday, my son, also a RAIDER FAN, said "DAD, the Patriots have to win, this darn CHARGER giddyness has got to stop!" All over the news on TV and the papers and my gosh the freakin LIGHTING BOLTS on cars and flags...makes a RAIDER fan sick ;) At least today, they are almost non-existent! I hope you win...er...actually I will be pulling for Drew Brees 'cause the Chargers dumped him and of course Reggie USC Bush...remember dear I made you a Reggie fan ;) To be honest, I think this KATRINA thing is gonna "flood" DA BEARS....but if they win, I will be happy for you and my friend at church!

Angie understands if I watch football, she really doesn't care what or how much sports I watch, she knows it is important to me. What she doesn't like is when Ryan (when he lived here) would have a game going on his TV and one on in the living room...and....be...outside shooting baskets! Looking forward to this week-ends games!

Be back in a sec.............

EZMONEY 01-15-2007 08:26 PM

REBA~ Your youth Pastor sounds cool. Way to go on the "steppin' out"! It is very hard for me to be "in front" of people talking. No problem if we are around a table in a discussion, it just that going up in front of people that bothers me. I will say that after 23 years at my church it is still though and real uncomfortable at timesfor me. Prayers for you drawings girl!

2FAT4MYJEANS~ :welcome3: Sorry about your BRONCOS...NOT! ;) RAIDER fan here. Just wish you could've at least beat the CHARGERS once this year!

Don't worry about your plan in the marraige! Just keep reading the WORD and attending a solid church, go to Bible studies and GROW! Marraige can take work sometimes, the ticket is in your own personal search to do what God wants you to do. If you seek the right things and your husband too, well, you will be all right. Newness wears off in anything, life can be boring sometimes and uneventful...it is up to you both to stay away from the "rut" and "routine"...and taking each other for granted. Oh, you will from time to time....but when you do...just take time to re-group and move forward again! Much of what you are feeling is because you are still just a kid!! Prayers for you and your husband! I have a 25 year old son that just got married in November and my 23 year old daughter will be married in May. Welcome.

Angie has dinner ready..................

2Fat4myJeans 01-16-2007 04:30 PM

Hey now...don't make me take out my boxing gloves! As I recall, we beat the Raiders TWICE this year! ;) :D

Seriously, thanks for the advice on the marriage stuff.. we are attending church but having a hard time getting plugged in. Seems like there are groups for everyone but young married couples w/o kids. Hubby is a strong Christian, but a quiet one. I am praying that he will step up and take a spiritual leadership role in our household, but alas, he is only 24 as well and I think he feels a bit lost, too. We are planningon joining a home group come Lent and I hope that we will meet some "older" married couples who can mentor us. I am excited to fulfill God's will and excited to see what kind of role he has for me as a wife!

Right now we are still adjusting to living with each other. I did not know I was someone that needed "space" to re-charge until we got married! Little things like that just take time, I suppose. :dunno:

EZMONEY 01-16-2007 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Fat4myJeans (Post 1534378)
Hey now...don't make me take out my boxing gloves! As I recall, we beat the Raiders TWICE this year! ;) :D

HUMM....:chin:...well then THANKS! :thanks: You did your part to help get us the #1 pick next year :woohoo:

Seriously, thanks for the advice on the marriage stuff.. we are attending church but having a hard time getting plugged in. Seems like there are groups for everyone but young married couples w/o kids. Hubby is a strong Christian, but a quiet one. I am praying that he will step up and take a spiritual leadership role in our household, but alas, he is only 24 as well and I think he feels a bit lost, too. We are planningon joining a home group come Lent and I hope that we will meet some "older" married couples who can mentor us. I am excited to fulfill God's will and excited to see what kind of role he has for me as a wife!

Just keep searching HIS WORD and putting yourself in a position to hear :listen: in your heart :love: what HE wants for you...HE does have great plans for you (although sometimes HIS plans seem minor to us because we cannot see the entire picture) not only as a wife but as a woman and one of HIS children as well. Don't worry, your husband will be everything you want/need him to be if he is following our LORD, but it won't always be easy ;) Don't put too much pressure on yourself, enjoy the gift God has given you! and relax....you will be fine!

Right now we are still adjusting to living with each other. I did not know I was someone that needed "space" to re-charge until we got married! Little things like that just take time, I suppose. :dunno:

:cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :angel: :angel: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

YEP! YOU'RE A SMART GIRL! ;)

I stopped by the pet store for chewing toys for these spoiled girls of mine...time to play!!

Prayers for all your concerns, Gary.

WILMA~ Did I ever mention I FINALLY saw Walk The Line? I am playing a Johnny Cash CD right now and it reminded me of it...after seeing the movie, his songs (although I have listened to him ever since my mom and dad played him on the hi-fi over and over) make more sense to me! Go figure...me with sense :lol:

wilma12 01-16-2007 07:35 PM

Hello!

It's been a while since I posted. I didn't realize it had been that long! I was busy during my holidays and then went back to work and it took an hour before I felt like I hadn't been on a holiday at all.

Gary: I've seen Walk the Line a few times already. I don't really know if it's the story or just watching Jauquim! Even my kids who hate country music really enjoyed the movie.

I think I'm doing pennance for sticking my tongue out at you. It's been freezing here - -30C!! Please send me some of your warm weather and I'll be nice to you. :^:

Anna: Welcome here. We all have struggles in various areas of our lives and we are here to pray for each other. Gary's advice to you is right on. Make sure you count your blessings! Marriage is a learning experience - you're not a pro right from the start. My DH and I have been married almost 28 years (is it really that long!!!) and we have had to learn a lot along the way but we are the best of friends and I can't imagine my life without him. (BTW, he's NOT standing here reading this so I'm not saying that just for his benefit.):D

Sue: It's so good to have you back. I'm glad you had a relaxing time even if the weather wasn't quite what you wanted.

Reba: Loved the cartoon. If it were an event it would be a marathon because it just never ends!!

Well, gotta go make a grocery list. The cupboards are bare and I need to stock up on those veggies again.

Take care!

EZMONEY 01-16-2007 08:20 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: WILMA! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KARMA has found me...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........It has been so cold here! When I headed off to church Sunday my truck thermostat said that it was 28 degrees! I though as I got closer the gauge would change since I was parked in the shade...well, it did...to 27!! I don't think that was right but Ryan and Nicole said that on their way to church the bank sign said it was 32. Way cold for us here. The paper said that it looks like the orange crop is lost for the year...most of it anyway for our state. Higher prices and bitter fruit this summer...bummmer! And to think, it could be ALL my fault for teasing you! Boy, have I learned my lesson....:lol: :lol: :snooty: :no: :nono: :lol: :lol:

ANNA~Wilma is right...look to what is RIGHT with your husband and your marraige...focus on that...and remember that God is placing your husband at the head of the household...BUT!...HE said you became ONE through HIM....you are partners! Don't look too HARD for your husband to lead, allow him too...even if YOU HAVE TO PUSH HIM!! ;)

wilma12 01-17-2007 08:07 PM

Gary: I saw that on the news last night. I'm sorry to hear that most of the orange crops are lost. We rely on your crops up here too as citrus fruits do not grow in Canada. We'll call a truce and maybe all will be well.;)

EZMONEY 01-17-2007 09:30 PM

I AGREE TO THE TRUCE WILMA BUT ONLY FOR THE GOOD OF MANKIND....AND BECAUSE I NEED THE LIMES FOR MY CORONAS!;)

wilma12 01-17-2007 11:04 PM

Whew! I'm glad you and I can save the world from destruction! I think all this doing good is exhausting me. Time for bed!! Good Night!!

doitforme 01-18-2007 12:04 AM

Hi there!

Margie- Thanks! Love to watch you and E.Z. banter- use to be a football fan way back before the scabs played, never really got back into it...
E.Z.- Thanks! Have to believe there is another plan.. I really think it might be because I will be having surgery and not wanting that position open for 8 weeks following it, but that wouldn't be leagal so of course that isn't the reason.... anyway what ever it is I am o.k. with it whatever is ment tobe is ment to be and my current job will have so much less stress probably a good thing well going through it...
Wilma- Thanks! getting away is always fun!! We had an ice storm and I didn't stick my tongue out so who sent it my way.. E.z. was doing a great job of sending the sun, until this past week:D
Anna- welcome- I am a single so no advice here except that E.Z. and wilma- seem right on track and always give great advice. off tom. so I can finish unpacking and cleaning now power is back. blessings!