Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-25-2006, 01:54 PM   #1  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Default just finished my first C25K workout

It was easy! and fun!

Yay for the treadmill, a wonderful machine which has saved me from the indoor track or running outside. Thanks to everyone who encouraged me!
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:56 PM   #2  
Headbanger

S/C/G: 225/218/180

Height: 5'9"

Congrats. We all knew you could do it
RockerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/152/123

Height: 5'1"

May the running bug bite you, too! Happy running....
softballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:21 PM   #4  
Meg

Today is the beginning of something wonderful.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:12 AM   #5  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Well done, and stick with it!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi there - I just started the C25K program this week too - although I have to say that it has not been "easy" for me. Never ran before, so my body needs more conditioning than yours, apparently. Anyway, let's both keep it up!
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:32 AM   #7  

I started last week, but I'm doing week1 over again this week so we'll be right about in the same place
Katiebobatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:23 AM   #8  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Whoo Hooo!!!

What a great feeling isn't it?! It only gets better from here!
Congratulations.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:39 AM   #9  
back in the game

Thanks Rockergirl, Softballmom, Meg, Helen and Lydia...It IS the beginning of something wonderful and I definitely will stick with it. A lot of my friends think I'm crazy so I gotta prove them wrong now... lol. You are all so inspiring.

That's cool Windycitychick and Katie that we are all starting out. I do have a bit of aerobic "experience" already so I'm alright so far... don't worry that you had to repeat week 1 though or you struggled a bit with it.. who knows, I may have to do the same soon enough. Week 2 might be too much when I get there, but I'm just gonna take it one workout at a time. My next one is tomorrow morning. Are you guys running outside or using a treadmill?
Old 10-26-2006, 10:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

I've been running (well, jogging) outside, not on a treadmill. Very pleased that I made it out there today, even though it's a cold and rainy day here in Chicago. I don't have a good place for a treadmill at home, and I'm not a huge fan of my health club, so I am going to try to continue outdoors for as long as the weather allows it. I like getting out into the fresh air, and I'm only a few blocks from a park with a good running trail.
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:04 PM   #11  
ooooh... sparkly!

S/C/G: 236/226/135

Height: 5'4"

Talking

i did the first C25k workout the other day... glad to see there are other beginners around here!

although, i did it on an elliptical (i tend to have knee problems, so i want to strengthen my legs before hitting the treadmill or pavement.) i'm wondering, though, is that really going to do the conditioning i want it to do? or am i being too easy on myself? i only ask, because i haven't seen anyone mentioning use of an elliptical with the C25K program - it seems like everyone is either on a treadmill, or taking it outside.

i'm thinking i should go through all, or most of the program on the elliptical, and then go through it again (at least the later weeks) on a treadmill, then take it outside.

any ideas/opinions/suggestions? i'm all ears

Last edited by watch_it_break; 10-27-2006 at 01:19 PM.
watch_it_break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 02:40 PM   #12  

YAY!!!! Good for you! See my note on your prior thread. I posted it before I knew of your success. Way to go!!
boarderchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Yay for you!!!!!! Congrats! What an accomplishment.
carafre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:10 PM   #14  
Doin' it & doin' it well!

S/C/G: 170/148.4/140

Default C25K - just starting & enjoyed it

Hi everyone; I did my first C25K workout today and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was sweating like a pig. I usually walk for exercise, do TaeBo (about 30 mins), pilates. So I'm somewhat OK w/ aerobics. The usual walk is for about an hour outside (though I do have a treadmill). I did the C25K on the treadmill. I loved the cool running website. It indicated to start slow and not to worry about speed, but I wanted to know how slow everyone else started out. I know you should go at a comfortable pace. Today, to start, I had the TM set at 2.8 (I didn't want to kill myself, because if you haven't ran or jogged before, I figured that this could be a killer). It was a good workout and I was sweating real good; I do have prob periodically w/ knee pain. I'm ok today; we'll see what tomorrow holds. I know that is slow, but was anyone else a little scared to put it on 3 or so to start?

I did my stretching before & after; and took a long warm bath afterwards. I felt so doggoned good to have started this program! I am going to stick w/ my walking on alternate days outside also.

Last edited by Miss_Cretia; 10-28-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Miss_Cretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:49 PM   #15  
back in the game

Thanks for althe encouragement boarderchick and carafre and congrats to those of you like miss cretia, watch_it_break and windycitychick who are also starting out on the C25k... how's it going for everyone?? I'm doing my third workout tomorrow so it's the last one of the first set.

watch_it_break, I don't think it's a big deal if you start on the elliptical. The elliptical is a different kind of movement but you're still getting an aerobic workout which will make it so that you can last longer and go harder without getting out of breath. So I would say it's a positive way to start out if it's how you are most comfortable.

Miss cretia, I'm not sure what speed I had it at because the one treadmill I used measured speed in miles/hr and the other in km/hr, but anyway, I don't think it matters what speed you're at. Maybe as you go along you should just push that number up a little and see what you can do. What I've been doing is, when I get to the last set of running, I run full out as fast as I can sustain for the one minute. I don't know if it's a good idea (might be hard on my feet/knees) but I will stop if I have any problems. Anyway I know what you mean about feeling good after starting the program! I'm really happy to have such a great goal to be working towards.